Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 116 of 149

"I would need to do some testing on the - Page 116 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 13th Sep, 2016 - 7:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 149 pgs.  112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120  ...Latest (149) »
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2016 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 116

"I am afraid to even raise comms with planet. Figure we have some sort of truly native or aboriginal cultures down there worst case scenario."

Thinking on hazard pay, "I would have to agree. Hazard Pay at any rate would still not be enough. Wish we could glass the planet."

Sponsored Links:
9th Sep, 2016 - 7:29am / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

In Character: Leaning against the wall, Gaden scratches his chin. "I don't much like the idea of dangling beneath the 'Card. But if we could put boots on ground I might be able to find the old girl. We ran some search and rescue missions back in my marine days. Know the signs to look for. If she's in a swamp, there should be some damage to the surrounding area, broken trees, craters. Just calculate trajectory and… ", Gaden snaps his fingers dramatically, "She's ours." As he straightens up his back pops. "If what the marine says its true, its been down there for a while and I don't think we will be able to see it from the air. And I doubt any IR scans will help."

Reconcile Edited: Rogueleader on 9th Sep, 2016 - 7:37am

9th Sep, 2016 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

The Referee relays...

As the Wildcard nears the planet Maiokus begins to gather and sort through various communication networks such as radio and television frequencies to get a sense of what has transpired on the planet since they left.

Based on what he’s able to gather it would appear that the planet is now engulfed in a full scale world war as the member states of the Global Trade Coalition (GTC) move to absorb the non-aligned nations of the world and lay claim to the planet's resources and industrial capacity. The Quelon Empire, along with several of its allies, fell to GTC forces within a matter of weeks and Coalition forces now control over a third of the planet’s land mass.

Communications also include calls on both sides for mercenaries to bolster their forces. The Ruie Spaceport remains open and in fact appears to be receiving more radio traffic than the last time the Wildcard was in system. Most of the radio traffic is between the Tower and various traders and merchant ships arriving and departing. (Maoikus would need to make a Comms skill check if he wanted to hack into any encrypted frequencies).

The area identified as the most likely location of the Isis is located in a small ‘third world’ country and is currently not involved in the global conflict due in large part to its lack of significant wealth or natural resources though several of its more resource rich neighbors are in the process of being overrun by GTC forces.

11th Sep, 2016 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Page 116 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : Maiokus relays what he has found to the crew. "It seems we may be able to do this and stay under the radar, knock on wood. But Still, we should keep sensors active and be ready for action at any time."

Maiokus will attempt to hack into any encrypted frequencies to attempt to collect any further relevant intel that might not be readily available via the public feeds.

Out of Character: : Comms +1 INT +1.

Maiokus Results:
  • Comms on D12 (+2): 8 (1 roll, as D2-12)

12th Sep, 2016 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

Maiokus is able to crack some of the more simplistic encryptions, a few low level classified transmissions that reveal some minor information:

*Several smaller nations on the planet are discussing capitulation to the GTC and may be sueing for peace soon.

*You intercept some radio traffic from a far trader, the Bedlam, at the spaceport seeking information about obtaining a “rare chemical compound” that matches the description of the compound Dr. Crane had sent you to obtain.

*Several desperate calls from non-GTC nations seeking the serum for Frakers Disease due to shortages. Related to this are reports of several riots that have broken out as people attempt to loot pharmacies and distribution centers

*You pick up some garbled transmissions from from some form of military unit in the vicinity of your search. Possibly a small recon unit of some kind.

13th Sep, 2016 - 3:25am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : Maiokus informs the rest of the crew of what he found out. "Looks like Ruie is really going to hell in a hand basket. Worst news is, we may have a military recon unit in the area. Let's hope they're not looking for the same thing we are. In any case, we should be ready for action."

He looks to everyone with a wry grin, "Well, we doing this or what?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2016 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 116

"Doc," Silver calls out as the the Doc normally is in Sick Bay, "Think you can bring up or create some more serum for Fraker's Disease? We might becomes the locals new best friends."

Out of Character: Silver is thinking about feasible means for exchange and trading for assistance.

"Let us find a local community and work with the non-GTC. We utilize their local resources and provide them with plenty of serum for the Disease. Maybe even get their assistance to keep eyes on the GTC detachment."

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2016 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 116

"I would need to do some testing on the sickness to find a cure but I believe I can find and make a cure if I have some time. If we had a sample of the cure I could make more."

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,