Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 117 of 149

Njall finishes the pre-flight checks and settles - Page 117 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 23rd Sep, 2016 - 10:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 149 pgs.  113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121  ...Latest (149) »
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
17th Sep, 2016 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 117

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : Maiokus nods to Silver's suggestion to finding the community that needs a serum and checks his map to try to find the location where it's needed.

Out of Character: : Navigate +1 INT +1.

Maiokus Results:
  • Navigate check on D12 (+2): 14 (1 roll, as D2-12)

Sponsored Links:
19th Sep, 2016 - 12:49am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

"Maiokus, when we drop in you'll be concentrating on point-defence with the new laser. P'raps we ought to work out a flight plan to get from orbit to target area while confusing ground RADAR while you're about it. Give us a twisty final approach and hide the 'Card behind terrain while we do it, would be nice."

19th Sep, 2016 - 8:15am / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

In Character: Gaden leans over Maiokus' shoulder to get a better look at the display. "If you can mock up a holomap of the area I could probably lend you a hand Maiokus. I'm sure the both of us can figure out the best way to infiltrate the landing area and avoid any surprises."

Out of Character: Gaden will a tactics check (+1 skill, +1 edu) in an attempt to best figure out how to approach the site without overly exposing the ship and crew.

Baron Gaden Baenre Results:
  • Tactics (naval) on D12 (+2): 6 (1 roll, as D2-12)

19th Sep, 2016 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Page 117 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

Shuth
Shuth can research a possible cure for Frakers Disease; at the moment you are aware of treatments for the disease though no cure.

international QUOTE
For Shuth to work toward developing a cure for the disease he will need a sample of the virus or access to data regarding the virus… and then he will need to study the virus in a lab (The ships sick bay will count as a lab in this case). A cure will require a total of 200 points; Every ten hours of study Shuth can make a Life Sciences (Biology) roll. A marginal success is worth 5pts. Average success 10pts, exceptional success 20pts. A marginal failure grants 1pt while an average failure grants 0 pts and an *exceptional failure* will wipe out whatever research you've obtained and you start back at 0.

*Note: the result of an exceptional failure has been altered/made more severe from previous post*

The current known treatment can be manufactured in small, single doses in the ships sickbay but requires the chemical compound that Dr. Crane had sent you to obtain unless Shuth can develop an alternative treatment which would also need to be researched in a manner similar to finding a cure although only a total of 60pts is required for this; however you cannot research both at the same time.

Maoikus
Cross referencing intercepted radio transmissions with the navigational map, Maoikus is able to locate a small city located on the outskirts of the swamp approximately 150 miles from the search area. The city is desperate for the serum and is reporting nearly 85% infection with almost half of those infected showing symptoms.

Njall/Gaden
Scans of the area show reduced tech levels, while the city mentioned above is operating at approximately tech level 6, there appear to be several villages scattered throughout the swamp region that are operating anywhere from tech level 0 to approximately tech level 3 or 4.

On the bright side, the search zone and the area surrounding it does not appear to have any significant anti-aircraft technology and you are confident that you can avoid any that may be present if you drop in from orbit.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 19th Sep, 2016 - 5:04pm

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2016 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Knowing about the disease Dr. Shuth heads into his lab area of sick bay and starts working on researching the sickness for a cure. But first he will develop some alternate treatment of the disease.

Out of Character: I get a +1 for the life science.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2016 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Silver notes the translated material from the radio transmissions and notes it position on the map. Sizing up distances and the unknown conditions of the target site he nods over to Gaden.

"I think that we can make use of the local populace here," pointing at the native settlements mentioned in the radio transmissions.

"The Doc can check us out in regards to the serum we used after we left here last time. He should also have specimens a plenty to work with for a cure."

Out of Character: KNtoran please select ONE of these [Biology, Cybernetics, Genetics, Psionicology] to put your point of Life Sciences into. It can not remain a general bonus to all life sciences. Note previous comments by Aericsteele. Thanks.

"I will remain behind with the Doctor maintaining systems checks and radios and helping the Doc out as much as I can. A cure will go a long way for us in remaining here with little trouble."

"Maybe we can find a hovering pallet that we can load parts on to bring back here from the crash site."

"Take us in Maiokus. Everyone prepare for atmo re-entry."

Silver heads back to the Medical Bay and assures that the Doc is secured and then straps himself into another seat as The Wildcard breaks atmo and re-enters Ruie.

To himself, "God I hate this planet."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2016 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 117

I have updated my character sheet that shows the specialized areas of sciences in Physical, Life and Social.

23rd Sep, 2016 - 10:33am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 117

Rebel over...

Njall finishes the pre-flight checks and settles into the Pilot's console.

"Maiokus, how does straight down through the outer, 90 degree turn, down through the high layers, turn on to final approach sound? Give me a flightplan to confuse the ground, hide our destination. Keep the gunnery controls on standby on the way down. In case Ajit spots any locals putting up a greeting." He grins across to the Sensor station."Well, Ruie again. Filthy dirtball."

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,