Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 122 of 149

In Character: Carefully scanning the tree - Page 122 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 16th Oct, 2016 - 10:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 149 pgs.  118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126  ...Latest (149) »
Closed
Top  Aericsteele' s Traveller Main RPG Only approved Characters and the GM participate in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
13th Oct, 2016 - 12:06am / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 122

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

In Character: Spotting the other man, Gaden shouts a warning to the rest of the recon team and takes a shot.

Out of Character: I'll use leadership to boost Ajit's initiative roll.

Baron Gaden Baenre Results:
  • Initiative on D12 (+1): 8 (1 roll, as D2-12)
  • Gun Combat on D12 (+3): 12 (1 roll, as D2-12)
  • Leadership on D12 (+3): 6 (1 roll, as D2-12)

Sponsored Links:
13th Oct, 2016 - 11:30am / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

Out of Character: In case it matters, here are the corrected rolls for damage. Only the first 4 d6's are rerolled. The last d6 with +3 damage gave a result of 8. The attack was a 12.

Ajit Akash Gadhavi Results:
  • Riffle Damage 1 on D6 (+0): 5, 6, 1, 6 (4 rolls)

14th Oct, 2016 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG RPGs PBP Fiction Science

The Referee relays...

Gaden gets the jump on the opposing soldier, but just barely. The bullet from Gaden’s weapon hits the soldier in the upper right torso and the pink mist that erupts behind the man signals that the bullet went clean through leaving an exit wound. The soldier yelps and falls back just as he pulls the trigger on his own rifle sending a spray of bullets into the canopy of the swamp.

The soldiers falls and disappears into the foliage and muck of the swamp. The scene explodes in gunfire! It would appear at first that the shots are not aimed, they are simply reactive fire as the opposing force lies hidden in the foliage of the swamp and fires blindly. At least to the untrained it would appear reactive but to Maoikus and Gaden they recognize that these shots are more controlled and more likely being used as cover fire or suppressive fire rather than a result of panic.

Taking cover Gaden, Maoikus and Ajit scann the swamp looking for muzzle blasts or some other means to pinpoint the location of the enemy. Though you are unable to isolate each shot and get an exact number experience allows each of you to estimate the size of the opposing force; likely a squad of five to ten. You are able to recognize that you are definitely outnumbered.

Maoikus and Krakrefr spot a pair of soldiers bounding as a team from tree to tree in the direction of their fallen comrade. One lays down cover fire while the other moves and then they alternate. They appear to be trying to retrieve the soldier that Gaden shot.

Out of Character: : The remaining soldiers are hidden in the foliage throughout the swamp; if you want to spot them you will need to spend a round scanning your surroundings and roll a Recon check with a -2DM. It is daytime and the enemy are using flash suppressors so they are not terribly easy to spot.

Silver

The elderly man tells Silver that the soldiers roughed up a couple of people but nothing that requires medical attention. The village is poor, however, and several villagers are suffering from malnutrition and disease. The most problematic disease is one that the elder man describes as having symptoms similar to Malaria, but he gives no indication that any villagers are suffering from symptoms that would lead Silver to believe that Frakers Disease is present.

Out of Character: : Sorry I don’t have a whole lot for Shuth while this is going on

Initiative: Initiative: Krakrefr 9; Gaden 8, Enemy 7, Ajit 6, Maoikus 5.

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2016 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG
A Friend

Page 122 RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Out of Character: That is ok Shuth is just kicking back at the ship working on his experiments.

In Character: He will monitor the chatter on the radio listening t what is going on outside. He keeps working on the experiments unless something else calls his attention.

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2016 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Main Traveller Aericsteeles

Silver is careful to get the exact details of the diseases prevalent in the village. Once again he returns to the radio.

"'Card, this is Silver, over."

"It seems that Frakers Disease is primarily a technology based disease. This village and probably others like it are suffering more from malnutrition and something similar to Malaria."

Silver describes as best he can the symptoms and the problems the Elder described.

Once getting off the radio, Silver inspects the village for things like proper drainage, water contamination, and tries to understand the main reasons for the malnutrition.

Out of Character: This feels vaguely like a quest from Fallout 2.

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2016 - 12:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Shuth answers Silver, "Silver if the people want I can come and treat them and solve their issues for now. You may be correct that Frakers may be a manufactured disease. Do you want me to come to you with meds for the villagers or bring them to me?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Oct, 2016 - 9:54am / Post ID: #
Maiokus
Rogue Pirate
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG - Page 122

This is The Cynic, over...

In Character: : "We got two heading towards the downed target." Maiokus says via his throat mic, and takes a moment to aim and before firing his ACR in automatic mode at the soldiers bounding towards their comrade.

Out of Character: : Gun Combat +2 Dexterity +1 Aim +1.

Maiokus Results:
  • Gun combat on D12 (+4): 7 (1 roll, as D2-12)
  • Damage on D6 (+0): 6, 3, 6 (3 rolls)
  • Damage on D6 (+0): 4, 2, 3 (3 rolls)
  • Damage on D6 (+0): 5, 1, 1 (3 rolls)
  • Damage on D6 (+0): 1, 5, 6 (3 rolls)
  • Damage on D6 (+0): 1, 3, 6 (3 rolls)
  • Damage on D6 (+0): 3, 1, 3 (3 rolls)

16th Oct, 2016 - 10:47am / Post ID: #
Baron Gaden Baenre
Retired Star Marine Ge...
Character
Follower / Scout
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 122

This is The Reaper of Ships, over...

In Character: Carefully scanning the tree line, Gaden tries to pinpoint the enemy location. "Keep low and lay down some suppressive fire." He looks over to Ajit. "I'm going to find where they are positioned. As soon as I give the order I want you to light them up." Untucking his binoculars, Gaden sets about finding who is firing on them.

Out of Character: I'll spend my turn making a recon check. Also shouldn't Ajit's initiative be higher. Leadership allows me to add the result of my check to a PC within the sound of my voice. If that is the case he would go before me and can ready an action to respond to my command. My modifiers would balance out the -2 the ref gave out.

Baron Gaden Baenre Results:
  • Recon on D6 (+0): 2, 3 (2 rolls)

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Main RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,