Post Date: 18th Dec, 2015 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Character Creation
A Friend

Current ACTIVE game: Ruler of Kings II Medieval Fantasy Text Role-playing Game

----------------

The below Role-playing Game is CLOSED

Hello everyone,

This is the thread for you to post your characters All Characters have to be approved by the GM (Me).

NOTE: If you use the "Create Associated Role-playing Game Character" Button at the top left of this page please Post here to tell me about it.

So, to start your obviously here because your interested in playing Pathfinder. It's essensially the same thing as 3.5 Dungeons & Dragons but simplified and in many cases, better. The rules can be found all over the internet but if you have any questions simply ask and I will help as quick as possible. Now let's go over a few things listed below.

1) Your character will start at level one and be only one class to start. No high level multi class characters unless you earn it.

1 A) Your character can have an archetype so long as you include the losses and gains in your sheet.

2) To generate stats for your character please roll 4D6 a total of seven times. Remove the lowest out of each group, and the lowest TOTAL group entirely. These are your stat numbers, place them where you wish in Strength, Dexterity, CON, INT, Wisdom, & Charisma

2 A) I will require you all to roll your stats here as if you were rolling for your attacks and actions. This allows for only one roll, take it or leave it and prevents cheating and making a min max character. To do so when your posting you will see boxes with D20 and other options. Simply place Stats for your roll and roll the above stated d6's

3) When creating a character I will need you to roll a D100 3 times to shape the type of location you were raised in, your parents (Being alive or dead), and if you have any siblings. These allow for traits I'll get into detail later but think of them as personality traits that make you better or worse in combat. I think the random character generator is one of the best ways to encourage players to get past their comfort zone and try something new, even if they play the same class… over, and over, and over again.

3 A) More rolls will be required afterwards but we can go into that once I get the basics so we can move on into your past and things your character has experienced to push you along your journey for adventure and danger.

4) I'm allowing any race and class within the Pathfinder book although I do advise against using more "Exotic" races located in the ultimate combat, and other books. These races are highly limited and rare in the world and much of the population views them with fear or suspicion, worried another scar in the world may come of it once more. Mages in many parts of the world are viewed with animosity for the before stated conflict. It will be located within the story thread I'll be posting momentarily. I simply wished to start with character creation to allow you to look and figure out if your interested and what you are looking to play.

Pathfinder Character Generation

Within the Text Role-playing Game Creator (The button to the top left) is an option to use a Pathfinder Generator to help you.

NOTE ABOUT THE Dungeon Master: My play style is meant for challenge and entertainment. I use common sense in many cases and encourage roleplaying often rewarding extra experience for highly detailed and creative postings that allows players to vividly imagine themselves within the world. I want you to have fun and feel like you're a hero, or villain within a story and that your actions actually matter in shaping the story and world your a part of. I thank you all for playing in advance and hope you have fun and as always, if you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

Documentation: Please see this external site: Source 4j for more information about character building.

Rather off topic, but...
"This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2015 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character Campaign Pathfinder Arthos

*Note to Other Players* - Be certain to begin your character, utilizing the "Add Reply" button. This will allow you to get access to more than 5 die roll fields. You should be able to place all beginning rolls in the same post (10 rolls total).

*Note to Other Players* - Remember that the posting rules apply for all posts even in the character thread. So take some time and think about a response, type it, then fill in the die roll fields, all before selecting the post reply option.

*Note to Other Players* - Last note. Anti-Cheat coding, has a 32 minute wait to view dice rolls. It would be wise to wait on Character generation, until after the timer is up and the GM gives the go ahead to use the character generator.

Hi, my name is Malcolm and I am a gaming addict. It has been nearly 2 hours since my last role play and I do not have a problem. rifle.gif

Reconcile Edited: Malcolmshaw on 23rd Dec, 2015 - 2:42am

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2015 - 4:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Thanks Malcom that input was really helpful and useful. I forgot about the add reply button allowing more then five. I only used add reply like once or twice honestly but anyways your stats are as follow's then.

Since the 9 is your lowest role it will be removed. Now, the background is race bound. What race and class were you looking to play as? I'm curious about this so I can continue to organize life events from your rolls if you don't mind a little randomness in your life. wink.gif

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2015 - 4:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Magic is outcast makes for an interesting start. Thought about being a cleric/priest of the Holy Church.

So maybe penance for parents use of magic, my character was taken in by the church, and at very early age trained/brain washed.

There is so many ways that this could go. If you don't mind, let us see where chance takes us and then I will decide on a class. Maybe race can be narrowed down in the process of the background and past being revealed.

23rd Dec, 2015 - 8:38am / Post ID: #
Solange
Mesmerist Cult Master ...
Character
Novice / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Sixth Sister says...

Sounds like an interesting setting with magic not being widespread. Which brings me to my first question, would you be putting a level cap on class progression the so-called e6 or e11 houserule?

Have you had a chance to look at the latest Occult Adventures rules? I was thinking a Mesmerist would work well for a high role playing adventure. He might be aligned against the Templars though or be a mole in any other organisation.

If that's not appropriate, the investigator looks good too. How do you rule on alchemy in your setting, science or magic?

Race might be half-elf or halfling with the Pass for Human feat, but will probably choose Human just for feats. Would you give me a possible backgrounds for each and could I pick the most interesting?

Lastly, the 4d6 distribution doesn't drop the lowest die from the pool? This makes it sound like it's actually a high-fantasy game. Potentially a stat of 24 can be rolled.

I hope this game doesn't get in the way of responsibilities (I'm an addict too, don't worry Malcolmshaw). Well, here goes:

Solange Results:
  • Ability 1 on D6 (+0): 1, 4, 4, 6 (4 rolls)
  • Ability 2 on D6 (+0): 6, 3, 2, 5 (4 rolls)
  • Ability 3 on D6 (+0): 2, 5, 5, 3 (4 rolls)
  • Ability 4 on D6 (+0): 4, 2, 6, 6 (4 rolls)
  • Ability 5 on D20 (+0): 3, 3, 7, 3 (4 rolls)
  • Ability 6 on D6 (+0): 2, 6, 4, 5 (4 rolls)
  • Ability 7 on D6 (+0): 4, 5, 6, 5 (4 rolls)
  • 3d100 on D100 (+0): 94, 72, 82 (3 rolls)

23rd Dec, 2015 - 10:30am / Post ID: #
Bjorgson
barbarian
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

the raging madman says...

Sounds like fun. Probably would play a barbarian, not sure on race yet.

Love the random d20 rolls Icon, especially sense they were kind of crappy.

Bjorgson Results:
  • Stat on D6 (+0): 5, 6, 4, 2 (4 rolls)
  • Stat on D6 (+0): 4, 6, 2, 2 (4 rolls)
  • Stat on D6 (+0): 2, 3, 6, 2 (4 rolls)
  • Stat on D6 (+0): 4, 6, 5, 4 (4 rolls)
  • Stat on D6 (+0): 2, 5, 6, 5 (4 rolls)
  • Stat on D6 (+0): 1, 1, 1, 5 (4 rolls)
  • Stat on D6 (+0): 3, 6, 2, 5 (4 rolls)
  • D100 on D100 (+0): 70, 46, 74 (3 rolls)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2015 - 11:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thanks for the enthusiasm my friends. Like I said, you can be whatever and whoever you want but when it comes to high fantasy races such as the Dhampir or Sylph and other races of that caliber I will allow luck to be your guide as these races are very powerful (If used right) like any races but Sylph's in particularly are a monk and spell casters wet dream and very good in these fields, especially choosing the right element. So their very rare. Through this inquisition many races are thought to be extinct now that held magical bearings or are now persecuted and locked into slums and camps, such as elves and gnomes. These create powerful mages as we all know but due to the inert power they posses through their heritage they are cast down and looked as less than animals. Of course just like the story goes many terrorist organizations and magical schools are being formed in secret, some of these other races could exist in the woods somewhere but that's up to the party to decide if they wish to search for it.

Now Icon to explain and answer some of your questions. Your absolutely right and that was a typo in my part I need to fix immediately. I was sleep deprived when I wrote this a week ago and when it was removed because I didn't have the required players I hadn't gotten a chance to check it. I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience. Just remove the lowest from the dice group. You don't need to worry about that because I will do it automatically.

Also no, you start at level one. That's the rule for that anything you earn (Experience and what have you) will bring you to wherever you want to be. I want this to be a progressive world so if you reach lv 20, good luck first off. Secondly you earned it man, celebrate!

I do have that book actually although not read it yet. I took a look at the class and liked it, really gypsy feeling. Could hold a lot of fun. Also if you haven't taken a look in the ultimate combat look into the inquisitor class if your interested. In the advance players I believe that it goes deeper into the inquisitor's "Schools" like the cleric, but for them specifically.

That's just in case you wanted to be a darker spell caster, or "Witch hunter" type of character.

So just to clear things up let me recap because I talk a lot.

1) Drop the lowest die from each section, and scrap the lowest total entirely.

2) Races known for having more "Innate" arcane ability are in a position of being poor, in the slums, or raised in "Camps" similar to the Japanese internment camps. People in these "Camp" settings are often stolen as children and raised to be inquisition due to their ability with the arcane their brain washed to believe magic needs to be washed away as it's the churches will.

"Grim and determined, the inquisitor roots out enemies of the faith, using trickery and guile when righteousness and purity is not enough. Although inquisitors are dedicated to a deity, they are above many of the normal rules and conventions of the church. They answer to their deity and their own sense of justice alone, and are willing to take extreme measures to meet their goals.

Role: Inquisitors tend to move from place to place, chasing down enemies and researching emerging threats. As a result, they often travel with others, if for no other reason than to mask their presence. Inquisitors work with members of their faith whenever possible, but even such allies are not above suspicion.

Alignment: An inquisitor’s alignment must be within one step of her deity’s, along either the law/chaos axis or the good/evil axis."

That's straight from the book. For anyone looking into class's and races because they don't have any books google d20pfsrd.

All information about class, races, rules, etc. Are there for your use in making characters. Can't post links unless I contact an admin to post it for me but that one has all information you should need.

Now that you understand this please give me a defined race and class you would like to be and we can begin with the creation process! Again, thanks for playing and pointing out that error...that could have been disastrous.

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2015 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive

Hi there! Thank you for running a game biggrin.gif I will use the "Create Associated Role-playing Game Character" button upon your approval of my character idea (Which I have no clue what it will be yet)! I'll either be a Human or an Aasimar with the Scion of Humanity racial trait.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 23rd Dec, 2015 - 12:54pm

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (12) »

> TOPIC: Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.