Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Character Creation - Page 10 of 12

What doest the box of brigh do? Also, do you - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Jan, 2016 - 12:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 12 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Closed
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
11th Jan, 2016 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #
Solange
Mesmerist Cult Master ...
Character
Novice / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Character Creation - Page 10

Sixth Sister says...

Malcolmshaw, I was asking about firearms because I wanted a Western feel to my character, but they are way out of my price range.

I forgot one important bit:
AC: 10 +2 Dexterity +1 [Armor]
Touch: 12
Flat-footed: 11

And where I wrote Padded in equipment, that's Padded Armor.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2016 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Character Creation
A Friend

Creation Character Campaign Pathfinder Arthos

Solange, I am sure I could make you some pistols in time. Not something Cade is really familiar with.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2016 - 3:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Firearms are a very rare and powerful weapon I'm afraid. Cade would need to study under a masterwork blacksmith for a few months in order to really grasp the ability to craft weapons of that caliber. If he attempted it now I'd give it a -5 to every roll and if you got a 5 or less it would be counted as a fumble...which guns explode, a lot. But also could be a hangfire or something else wrong with the weapon.Just food for thought. Anyways like I said, I'm going to fill out your character sheets in RL for me to look over and see if anyone has extra feats or are missing something vital. Then you can just tell me and all will be good. Cade should be able to post, same with Malcom. I'm going to wait for you two before continuing on. Give everyone roughly two days before I will post, just in case I or someone gets busy.

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2016 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 10 Creation Character Campaign Pathfinder Arthos

Is there still room for new characters? I would like to start up, being new to the forums I don't have enough points to use the associated character link. Will I need to in order to play or is it acceptable to post character details via reply? I don't have a concept currently but will include rolls for stats first?

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2016 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character Campaign Pathfinder Arthos

Malcomshaw - Cade

Equipment:
Box of Brigh - a bronze cube with gears of varying sizes across the cube faces.

Cade’s Chain Mail - a bright silver suit of gear-chain mail, with the strength of chain but the flexibility of leather. One of Cade’s Masterworks. Armor Bonus: +6; Max Dexterity: +6; Armor Check Penalty: 0; Speed: 30ft.; Weight: 15lbs.; Cost: 300gp.

Cade’s Artisan Hammer - a bronze mallet, used in crafting but sturdy enough to deal sound blows. Normally carried in a holster at his waist. Cade’s other Masterwork. DMG(S): 1d4; DMG(M): 1d6; Critical: x2; Weight: 4lbs; Type: Blunt; Cost: 200gp.

Thieves’ Tools, Common - 30gp
Artisan’s Tools, Common - 5gp

Spider Sceptre - an artifact created by Cade to slow enemies and allow him a quick escape. Activation requires striking the steel strike tip sharply into the ground. It casts both Web (A2) and Spider Climb (A2). CL 1; 2 uses per day. The head of the sceptre has spider clutching a black orb, all made from black iron, often used as a club. DMG(S): 1d4; DMG(M): 1d6; Critical: x2; Range: 10ft; Weight: 4lbs; Type: Blunt;

Symbol of Brigh - an artifact found embedded in the chest of Cade’s Chain Mail. Upon activation, it casts Blur (A2) and Entropic Shield (D1). CL 1; 2 uses per day.

Healer’s Mesh - an artifact that is a fine gold mesh, normally stowed rolled up. The mesh is two inches by ten inches long. When unrolled and placed over a wound, it casts Cure Light Wounds (D1); CL 1; 2 uses per day.

Fine Healer’s Mesh - an artifact that is a masterwork fine gold mesh, normally stowed rolled up. The mesh is two inches by ten inches long. When unrolled and placed over a wound, it casts Cure Moderate Wounds (D2); CL 1; 2 uses per day.

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2016 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'm going to assume that Cade doesn't posses any of these things currently however correct? I am not a fan of the chain mail. That is ridiculously overpowered in all accounts. It could give you a possible +12 AC if you were a Dexterity character. I think all of these are rather overpowered and I would ask we keep to the book. If you wish to craft and experiment we might be able to in the future but don't think you can do this for a long, long time.
Cyrus please just go ahead and do all of your rolls and build your character posting everything here in an organized fashion. It should be on the first page but if not d20pfsrd.com is the site you wish to use for all things pathfinder. I'm allowing all races and characters although understand that magic (Arcane mind you) in many cases is viewed as bad and has been branded illegal, at least where we are starting. The Romarian people are terrified the use of magic will cause another catastrophe like you have read in the campaign.

Everyone is just putting in their first actions and were all still in the first city. I have a feeling we will be here for awhile so it's ok. Make your character and we will move on from there. Printing out the sheets now to copy over everyone's stuff and figure out what needs to be fixed or not.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2016 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Character Creation - Page 10

That was why I asked about recommendations for acceptable artifacts. Cade has been working professionally for quite sometime.

No artifacts is fine with me. His Hammer, some leather armor, the Box of Brigh, and his Tool Sets then.

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2016 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

What doest the box of brigh do? Also, do you have enough money for these things? The hammer is fine masterwork is 150GP +base price which if you go with light hammer it's 1 GP so 151 GP and that can be your hammer.
Hammer, light 1 gp 1d3 1d4 ×2 20 ft. 2 lbs. B

That is what I think you were trying to get at but if your looking to make it 1d6 and keep the stats you have I'll accept it with the loss of the range no problem.
I'm sorry I was confused about the whole artifact thing unless it was about like a family heirloom or something. If I figure out what that box does everything else you listed should work assuming you have enough money.
NOTE: I just looked back on Artificer as a class and am looking at your artifacts and feel like an idiot. Are these things you crafted with your weird science ability? I thought these were just random things you pulled out of your ass but if their devices that you have imbued spells into that makes more sense. Still, no chain mail laugh.gif but the other things will be ok so long as you have the ability to put the spell abilities in them. And remember that it states your devices last for 1 use a day + 1/2 your artificer level and each additional use of the device requires a use magic device. The last one requires one hell of a DC check to use more then twice.

Reconcile Edited: Arthos on 14th Jan, 2016 - 12:52am

+  « First of 12 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

> TOPIC: Arthos' Pathfinder Campaign Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.