Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 11 of 14

That's what happens when you abandon - Page 11 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 7th Jun, 2016 - 9:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 14 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
17th May, 2016 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 11

Sighs, I will do what I can and keep up activity even if I must continue the roleplay by myself. I have sent nags, so hopefully that helps. I have been sending a awful lot of them though, which is troubling.

Admittingly though I fear that I may have to open the roleplay up to new players if current activity keeps up. I would prefer not having just one player, nor moving the roleplay forward by myself.

Sponsored Links:
17th May, 2016 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

Why wouldn't you open the game up to more players? One of the reasons I haven't been eager to post is I'm completely alone since the only other PC has been hiding.

17th May, 2016 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
... Even if I must continue the roleplay by myself.

You are not playing by yourself. From what I see two of your Players have Posted in the Main Game today. One of your Players is a veteran here and a GM himself, so its not likely he will be going anywhere. The other Player may pick up pace so long as you do your part.

international QUOTE
... I fear that I may have to open the roleplay up to new players

Don't fear it, just do it and fit them in as described: How to Include New Players in a Current Game.

17th May, 2016 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

international QUOTE (JB @ 17-May 16, 11:46 AM)
One of your Players is a veteran here and a GM himself, so its not likely he will be going anywhere.

I may not be going anywhere but I do find myself taking longer to reply without reason.

In my experience I've had to take over a PC quite a few times over the last two years. Sometimes they come back with a valid excuse or none, but mostly they just go. I expected it to be different for something niche like Ponyfinder, but it's not looking that way.

I find it's more reasonable to quietly move such characters to the background where they perform actions rather than talk.

18th May, 2016 - 5:16am / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

It is a little after 11:00 pm but I thought I would make a quick reply before the day is done and I go back to bed.

I am relieved that I won't need to continue by myself, and that it wouldn't even be advisable to do so even if I didn't have active players. I will do my part to make sure both stay active and one picks up the pace.

Onto why I haven't reopened this to new players, I will do so now. All the details of such may not be finished up until tomorrow. My apologies for not doing so sooner.

Lastly, thanks for your works and advise, both JB and ICon. Also just saw that a notice had been sent telling role-players their GM was looking for them, thanks for that. Hopefully it helps.

Edit: Okay that is odd, I'm not seeing the edit button for the thread's original post.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 18th May, 2016 - 5:25am

18th May, 2016 - 10:20am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
Also just saw that a notice had been sent telling role-players their GM was looking for them…

Yes, and I can confirm the player in particular that you are concerned about did read it, so since there was no reply from him you can take that as a confirmation to move on.

international QUOTE
Edit: Okay that is odd, I'm not seeing the edit button for the thread's original post.

Not sure what you are talking about here, is it in reference to this? If so, its only applicable to the Rules page.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jun, 2016 - 4:56am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 11

Sighs, JB what am I supposed to do? My players have stop posting, the campaign is not moving forward, what can I do so that it doesn't die?

7th Jun, 2016 - 9:05am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 11

That's what happens when you abandon a game and then try to restart it, Players no longer feel obligated to keep up with it anymore. Your only resolve is to stop lamenting about players who are not Posting and work with the ones who are, even if it is just one Player you need to Post daily. You should also seek new Players and not be so dependent on what is here. All these things have related Threads: See Here for complete list. For example: Game Masters: How To Recruit Players For Your Role-playing Game.

+  « First of 14 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 

> TOPIC: Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,