Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 12 of 14

Thomaslee, good work Dungeon Master, and if - Page 12 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 10th Jun, 2016 - 2:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 14 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
8th Jun, 2016 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 12

I've been spending quite a bit of time maintaining my own game at the moment, so may not have been fully active. Occasionally I find it hard to react to the situation the GM presents, especially if not much has changed.

There was a time when my campaign only had KNtoran playing, and players dropped off while new ones came. I realise you've got a rather niche campaign, so perhaps try to re-recruit the players who left or start an out of game dialogue with them. They could just be busy at them moment.

Possibly fast forward the game, using them as NPCs in your story taking it in your preferred direction.

Sponsored Links:
9th Jun, 2016 - 4:34am / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

Your last Post in your Main Game was 6 days ago. You need to update the game more regular than that even if its just to describe the surrounds, the weather, or give a NPC an action. As I mentioned many times, Players will not likely be as enthused / frequent as the GM, so if you, as the GM, don't Post for 6 days its a difficult thing to expect Players to Post more frequently. As far as I see you've lost everyone but Icon, what efforts have you made to find new Players?

9th Jun, 2016 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

Well you said I shouldn't carry the roleplay on my shoulders alone, shouldn't do it by myself. I felt stuck and that I had already pushed my luck with some of the posts I had made.

But if you say it is okay, I will continue without any players posting.

I know not who to talk to, nor do I feel it right to advertise my roleplay in another. I can maybe ask off site, but then any such players would need to join and understand the rules.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 9th Jun, 2016 - 5:30am

9th Jun, 2016 - 10:19am / Post ID: #

Page 12 Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
Well you said I shouldn't carry the roleplay on my shoulders alone, shouldn't do it by myself.

Please link to the Post you are referring to.

international QUOTE
But if you say it is okay, I will continue without any players posting.

Again, you have one Player, you are not entirely alone. Also have you been to the Introductions of your other Players to ask them what has happened to them?

international QUOTE
... But then any such players would need to join and understand the rules.

Other than Post in the English language and do not spam what about our Rules do you feel is a hindrance? Recently we have introduced hidden Post edits which means when a Moderator edits a Post with a comment only the original Poster sees it to avoid embarrassment.

9th Jun, 2016 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Ponyfinder Thomaslees

This post here made it pretty clear. Source 5o

Well that one player hadn't posted and I was uncertain to post again.

On asking my players in their Introduction, well I don't remember doing do for Corinthi and Starshield. I have been sending Nags. I will try that and sees if it helps.

Well it would be more that the rules as a whole could be intimidating to some but I'll look through them again and see if anything sticks out. I simply remember how some I tried introducing here lost interesting in joining after reading the rules of the site.

9th Jun, 2016 - 10:50am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review

I fail to see how the Post you are referencing applies to what you are saying. In that Post you made the comment that you were role-playing by yourself and I was merely showing you that you were not by yourself but had at least two Players at that time, however now that has changed to one Player.

international QUOTE
I simply remember how some I tried introducing here lost interesting in joining after reading the rules of the site.

The Rules are written in such a way to keep spammers, haters, trolls, plagiarists and whimsical writers out. If any of your invitees fell into one of those areas I can see how they will fell intimidated by the site. Someone genuinely interested in good Role-play shouldn't feel any hassle but actually welcome a safe, hater-free, spam-free, plagiarist-free and immature-free environment.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jun, 2016 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review - Page 12

My apologies JB, I must have misunderstood what you intended and believed that you were discouraging me from continuing the roleplay by myself and that I shouldn't do such.

Also, what I meant by intimidating was that this site and the rules show a high standard of what is expected from members. This isn't a bad thing, far from it, but some have felt such isn't worth the effort or fear messing up and decide to go somewhere else. Hope that makes sense.

Lastly, I have contacted all four of my players that initially joined my campaign, posting on their Introduction thread. Hopefully, something comes of it but just in case I have been asking friends and others I know to see if they might be interested in joining International Discussions and my campaign. That, I hope, will also lead to good things. Not sure who else I could contact on here to see if they might be interested in joining though.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 10th Jun, 2016 - 2:00am

10th Jun, 2016 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 12

Thomaslee, good work Dungeon Master, and if you don't hear from them look for new Players while still maintaining various parts of your game. You can also look at some of the active Players who may be in other games and are therefore not fully aware of yours. You can nvite them through their Intro as well.

As for the Community standard we've recently introduced a policy which should help potential Players feel more comfortable with the environment: Moderation Update: June, 2016.

+  « First of 14 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 

> TOPIC: Thomaslee's Ponyfinder Campaign Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,