Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 42 of 150

Malek walks along in line with the group trying - Page 42 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Oct, 2016 - 4:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

15th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 150 pgs.  38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46  ...Latest (150) »
Posts: 1193 - Views: 33537
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
Post Date: 25th Oct, 2016 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 42

Leo says farewell to Mradoric and Roland(?) before departing as well. He returns to the church, intending to speak with Father Marcellus about how he thinks the missionary should proceed with Corren.

Sponsored Links:
26th Oct, 2016 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

13 Mirtul 233--Mid Morning
Scolandi Wilds, Approximately 3 miles NW of Clear Creek
Partially sunny, 45 degrees F.

The party meets up with Father Marcellus just before dawn near the well located at the center of the small village market. A human of average height and build with brown hair and dark green eyes, he is dressed in fairly simple and unadorned travelling garb complete with a dark green hooded cloak. An equally simple metal broach in the form of the Maker’s symbol is used to clasp the cloak together but beyond this there is little to indicate that he is a clergyman.

The young priest is pleasant and greets everyone warmly although he does seem to pick up on the tension and sense of distrust that the majority of the party members have toward the Church. This does seem to bring down his mood somewhat though he tries to maintain a cheerful disposition. He briefly explains to the group what Tywin had already informed them about; that he was sent by the Church to spread the faith through good works and evangelization. Most in the group would probably sense the young priests sincerity though perhaps have the impression that he is a man who has never dealt with any real opposition to his faith.

Marcellus carries a brown leather bound book that has the Maker’s symbol on it which everyone would recognize as the Church’s holy text (Being new to the group, and a paladin, I will let Leo tell us what the title of the book is). Malek is also present, and Delgar may introduce him, describe him to the group, and explain what brings him to Clear Creek and how he winds up with the party. I will give a decent amount of leeway here but you may choose to run it by everyone in the Support thread first if you would like.

The party leaves Cleer Creek just as the sun peeks out from the eastern horizon and begins to cast its rays onto the tips of the nearby trees. Corren please let me know what the marching order is as you enter the forest.

Most of the trees in the Scolandi Forest are in full bloom though the air remains crisp. A morning fog had arisen early on but dissipated quickly as the party maneuvered through the thickening forest often unable to travel in a straight line. The trek seems arduous as the party is forced to move around thick brambles and thorn bushes that are scattered throughout the area; this is made more difficult if horses were brought along due to their size; but as the canopy thickens the underbrush does begin to give ground and after about three hours of travel the party members find themselves in an area that is much easier to maneuver through. Though thorn bushes continue to present the occasional obstacle they are not nearly as thick. Everyone should make a DC 10 Dexterity check or suffer 1hp in damage from the razor sharp thorns (If you roll below 5 after mods take 2hp of damage). Those with medium or heavy armor gain advantage on the roll (So roll twice and take the higher roll).

I would then like everyone to..Roll Initiative!

Out of Character: : I would like each player to add one small description or detail about the environment, this could be a type of tree that is found in the forest, something they see, hear, smell, etc. For context my inspiration for the Blue Wall River (Which is about 10 miles east of Clear Creek) was the Mississippi River, more specifically around the Mississipi, Arkansas, and northern Louisiana area but do not limit yourselves to flora and fauna found in these real life areas.

I hope its ok, but I skipped over any scene involving the interactions among players and NPCSs at the market in order to push the game forward a bit and get back into the action.

Attached Image Edited: Aericsteele on 26th Oct, 2016 - 8:30pm



Post Date: 26th Oct, 2016 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Leo was enjoying himself. The tension between his companions, and the problems that lay ahead could easily be set aside in a place like this. Life itself seemed to sing here, with sights and smells that reminded him of the Maker's love at every turn. One tree in particular he could not name produced wide blossoms with a heady, lemony scent.

Trouble surely could not touch them here, and yet…

Note: Upon spotting trouble, Leo will bring his Glaive into a guard position and stand in between the threat and the Father. If Makel is close enough to the same, he'll endeavor to cover him as well.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 26th Oct, 2016 - 8:50pm

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2016 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 42 Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Zinna walks along happy to be on the move again. She is always happy for the chance of adventure. The potential for treasure or material for songs is very enticing. She pushes her auburn tresses out of the way from time to time as a wind gust blows them in her face. Zinna walks carefully behind the group as she keeps an eye over her shoulder as she is the rear of the group.

She mutters a curse from time to time as she is negotiating a path through brambles and thorns. As they are walking she hears some type of beast growling. It sounds like something frightening but it is quite a distance away. Every time she hears it goosebumps appear on her arms and legs. She thinks of the words to her spells each time she hears the rumbling growl to keep them fresh and to take her mind off what was making that noise. Zinna studies the backs of the three new members of the group. She frowned at the back of the paladin and the father. Her good mood evaporated for a moment as she thought about the foolish reason they were here. She studies the back of the wizard. He came with the others but they usually weren't dogmatic like those of the faith. She was sure he would be a reasonable human being. Shrugging her shoulders she shakes her hair and laughs. She thinks live in the moment. Enjoy this.

26th Oct, 2016 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Finally getting on with the "Mission", Carrick's frustration subsides as they begin to trek through the forest. After all, the dwarf feels more of a belonging out here amongst the trees; breathing in the air which smells of a mixture of musty soil and pine, hearing only the faintest cracking of leaves beneath his boots or the occasional scampering creature trough the underbrush, and the way the sun sends down radiant beams through the canopy all bring Carrick a certain peace.
Peculiarly, the dwarf notices the paladin seemingly in the same state of mind. This definitely peeks his interest, as he hadn't really taken the time to get to know the paladin, but just as Carrick is about to maybe broach the subject, something causes the whole party to go on alert and he quickly nocks an arrow.

Carrick Granitebranch Results:
  • DEX for briars on D20 (+2): 12 (1 roll)
  • Initiative (advantage) on D20 (+2): 14, 7 (2 rolls)


Post Date: 26th Oct, 2016 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

Mradoric seems to walk along lost in thought as he watches for herbs that would be useful to the party. He knows that some herbs only grow in the forest and he wants to make sure he has what is needed to make the potions to help heal any injuries.
He feels at home in the forest at times and watches the way the animals move about as they have a tendency to let you know when danger is in the area.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Oct, 2016 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 42

Corren is relieved when the ground cover finally begins to thin out. Not only does it make travel easier, but it makes an ambush seem less likely. Granted, the trees themselves are thick enough that there could be dangers hidden behind almost any stand or copse, but the day is becoming more pleasant. He smiles to himself when he spots a masked face barely visible poking out from a hollow tree. Knowing that raccoons are in the area he resolves to make sure their food supply is stored securely at night, as the little scavengers are quite adept at climbing and opening things. Having been tempted to put his skills to breaking the law, he feels a slight bit of kinship to the small bandits. On a whim he tosses the remaining part of an apple he was eating towards the base of the tree. He is sure that once the group is out of sight it will be recovered quickly.

27th Oct, 2016 - 4:31am / Post ID: #
Malek Szul
Wizard diviner level 2
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 42

The wise says...

Malek walks along in line with the group trying to not trip over roots and brambles, these thorns are every where. Thinking to himself this is why I stick to civilization, why did I volunteer for this again oh yeah so I could actually be credited with some kind of discovery. The forest is okay I guess when its not trying to poke you or trip you up, there is plenty of beauty. Just then the brightest blue butterfly floats by the group, Malek focuses on it wondering what type it is. I know I've seen it before trying to remember. Wait why is everyone getting quiet and the dwarf has notched an arrow he whispers to the fellow in front of him "Um did I miss something is everything okay?"

Malek Szul Results:
  • Portent rolls on D20 (+0): 3, 12 (2 rolls)
  • Dex check on D20 (+1): 8 (1 rolls)
  • Initative roll on D20 (+1): 17 (1 rolls)
  • Nature roll butterfly on D20 (+3): 16 (1 rolls)




Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.