Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 45 of 150

Carrick, remaining quiet throughout the aftermath - Page 45 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Oct, 2016 - 5:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

16th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 150 pgs.  41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49  ...Latest (150) »
Posts: 1193 - Views: 34317
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
Post Date: 30th Oct, 2016 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 45

Leo will assist in calming the mounts that remain as best he can, though he will defer to anyone that shows more skill. He frowns a little at the Father's challenge, but does not say anything right away. Upon hearing Zinna's response, he turns and watches his superior, concern returning to his features.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 30th Oct, 2016 - 3:04am

Sponsored Links:
30th Oct, 2016 - 3:19am / Post ID: #
Malek Szul
Wizard diviner level 2
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The wise says...

Malek also tries to help calm the remaining horses, I have no idea what I'm doing he things to himself again its just what I've read in books. Looking up he over hears what the father says to Zinna. He can't hold back any longer " this is the problem with the church its always on the makers terms if your god is so good then heal this poor girl before she passes out again from the pain" he walks off to get back to work with the horses almost regretting what he said almost either way it needed to be said. Getting that angry and finally venting distracts him from the fact he loaths manual labor.

Malek Szul Results:
  • Handle animal on D20 (+2): 22 (1 roll)


30th Oct, 2016 - 3:46am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Maker says...

Father Marcellus frowns and sighs. He holds Zinna's gaze for a moment then gives Malek an irritated glance before turning back to Zinna. "Very well" he says. Replacing the amulet beneath his tunic he removes his hand from the wound then slowly stands. Marcellus approaches Malek,his jaw clenches for a moment as he stands face to face with the mage "The Church wishes to evangelize and spread the word of the Makers light. But it would be wrong to force his light upon the unwilling. She does not want anything from the Maker and so I will not force it on her. I will not force it on any of you"

He turns to look at each one of the members of the party but when his gaze falls to Leo he holds it there "You would do well to understand that the gifts of the Maker must be freely given… and freely received." His gaze leaves Leo and falls back on Malek. He walks away and looks Zinna in the eyes again "I don't know what it is that has caused such anger toward the Church, but I get the impression from my brief time with all of you that you are under the assumption that I intend to bring the faith of the Maker through the sword. I assure you that this is not the case. I cannot speak for everyone in the Church, but I will not force the Maker's light on anyone. You don't want to accept it… that is fine, I will respect your wishes."

With that Father Marcellus gathers up his traveller's pack and makes his way back to his horse to try and calm it "If none of you cares to accompany me; I will not force that either and I release you all of your obligations in this regard." There is a sudden whizzing sound just as Father Marcellus turns face the group again and suddenly an arrow has sprouted from his abdomen! The priest looks down and his hand goes to the shaft of the arrow. He looks up again with a look of confusion before he stumbles back against the horse and slides down onto the ground!

Roll Perception.... And Initiative!



Post Date: 30th Oct, 2016 - 4:06am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 45 Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

"No!" Leo takes up his weapon once more with a hoarse cry, scanning the area for the source.

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2016 - 4:23am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Out of Character: : Aeric, I'm not familiar with how the healing works by Mradoric. Did I gain any hit points from him or am I still at the 5 hit points gained from Sir Leo?

Zinna glares at Father Marcellus. It is unbelievable that she is in agony and he demanded that of her. ". I was right about the church. I knew it. " She curses under her breath. Shortly afterwards she hears shouting. She ignores the pain as best she can. Groaning quietly she manages to force herself up to her knees. Looking where the others are she sees Father Marcellus falling from the horse with an arrow protruding from him. A shocked expression covers her face. Her green eyes shine from her ashen face. She studies the area to discern where the attack came from as she thinks about what would be a useful spell for this occasion.

30th Oct, 2016 - 4:27am / Post ID: #
Malek Szul
Wizard diviner level 2
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

The wise says...

Malek ducks down behind his horse using it as cover, looking around trying to see where the arrow came from. He glances over at the priest now slumped on the ground, his god couldn't even protect him from a single arrow. "Take cover everyone! Is the priest still alive? Can anyone see him from where they are?" I came here to explore not for the endless combat, I've been in the wilds for half a day and already faced a monster and now some kind of ambush perhaps the safety of a library is more rewarding at this point he thinks to himself.

Malek Szul Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+2): 15 (1 roll)
  • Initiative on D20 (+1): 17 (1 roll)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Oct, 2016 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 45

Corren sighs as Zinna's words begin to unleash the tension that had been simmering below the surface. He is shaking his head as members of the group chastise one another. He is looking for his horse, but before he can anything further to calm things, they are once more set upon by unknown forces. He quickly begins scanning the surroundings as he calls out, "Leo, get to Marcellus! Zinna, stay down! Everyone else get to cover and call out what you see!"

Out of Character: : Obviously those are just words, and folks can act as they desire!

30th Oct, 2016 - 5:15am / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 45

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Carrick, remaining quiet throughout the aftermath of dealing with the large insect and the others rushing to Zinna's aid, listened to what the priest was saying. Carrick was no fan of some of the techniques used by the church to "Spread" its teachings, but he was still a devout follower of The Maker and believed He represented ultimate good. This dilemma that the dwarf had tried so hard to get away from back in the strongholds of his home and throughout the cities of the empire had finally made its way to Clear Creek, as he feared it ultimately would.
What the priest spoke was truth; no one should be "Forced" to accept the blessings of The Maker, but that does come with, to a certain degree, an understanding that one should not expect blessings by or from those who are gifted with dispensing said blessings…
Carrick watched Leo move to heal Zinna without question, which is well within his oath as a paladin to defend and aid the helpless, but at the same time he had no reason to believe Zinna would want such a debt owed given what the paladin has come to understand about the young bard. Leo came off as brash and impulsive in this circumstance; something Carrick and many others have claimed is their main problem with the church, and could easily become a larger issue with an entire people group, the elves, who might reject such reactionary proclivities. The priest was right to call Leo out on this. As was he right to withhold his ability to help Zinna as she openly refused The Maker's blessings.

Carrick began to consider his own capabilities, which derive from his closeness with nature, but ultimately nature itself is just another creation of The Maker. Isn't it?
Carrick let himself linger too long on this thought to notice the chaos that had just erupted around him; the priest had just fallen from his horse with an apparent arrow jutting from his torso. The dwarf snapped back to the present with the cries of the paladin and the panicked scrambling of his companions as he began desperately looking around for the origin from which the arrow was loosed, his own arrow still notched.

Carrick Granitebranch Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 18 (1 roll)
  • Initiative (advantage) on D20 (+2): 19, 17 (2 rolls)




Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.