Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 63 of 150

“As I said, unnecessary and futile” Araiel - Page 63 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Dec, 2016 - 10:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

18th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 150 pgs.  59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67  ...Latest (150) »
Posts: 1193 - Views: 33578
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2016 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 63

Corren expresses genuine gratitude to the elves. "I am glad your people were able to escape successfully. However one of our team vanished, and we will need to look for her. But as you can see we are in dire need of rest. Give us just a little bit of time, then we would very much like to speak with your council before seeking our companion."
Out of Character: : Short rest, regaining two HP dice…

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2016 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Leo seeks out the preist, "Father, we managed to bleed the orcs enough they were forced to retreat. Unfortunately, Zinnathrya went missing in the battle, and all others save Malek are wounded. I am…"

Leo pauses and coughs for some time before he is able to continue, "We intend to rest before we approach the council, but my lungs are damaged, and the others may be hiding like ailments. I humbly request aid, for them, and then for myself."

"I must also ask for a penance father, the lead was not mine, but I could still have done more to avoid risking the deaths of the others. Much pain could have been averted had I merely paid more attention. It is only by the grace of the Maker that any but Malek live at all. Worse yet, I doubted Father. For a moment, when those orcs were coming at us so swiftly, the Destroyer ruled my heart. I wanted to abandon everything, let the others die, allow you and this place to be overrun, if only I could escape facing such chaos. I mastered myself, and did what I could, but I can still taste that moment of terror."

Out of Character: kntoran, negative HP is not a thing in this edition, unless I've missed a houserule. Any amount of healing will get you back on your feet so long as you don't die first while sitting at 0 HP.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 6th Dec, 2016 - 4:48am

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2016 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: I did not know that rule in this edition. I will try to remember that.

In Character: Mradoric leans on his staff and sits on the ground by a tree. He leans back against the tree and lets his mind wander as he tries to get some rest.

6th Dec, 2016 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Page 63 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Carrick awakens violently, shooting up from his prone position, "ARGH! FER TH' FROSTBEARDS!" Then taking a moment to realize he isn't surrounded by blood-thirsty orcs, the dwarf looks around.
"Oh, ah, we ain't dead aft'rall."
Carrick then tries to stand only to fall back to the dirt gripping his side that radiates pain throughout his core.
"Ahh! Th' basterds got me pretty good. I might of been out, but I heard talk of restin'? Aye, seems t' be th' only thin' t' do fer now… " and then Carrick drags himself to a tree to lean against and tries to recuperate.

Out of Character: I will also be rolling both hit dice as well as the initial poultice the elves gave.

Carrick Granitebranch Results:
  • Poultice on D4 (+0): 1 (1 roll)
  • Short rest on D10 (+3): 13, 4 (2 rolls)


6th Dec, 2016 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #
Malek Szul
Wizard diviner level 2
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The wise says...

Malek thanks the elves once again for their help then turns towards the party. Looking over the wounded and battered group he feels guilty leaving them but he is smart enough to realize that his actions saved them all. "Well? What is the plan? Do we go to see the elf council or do we go looking for Zinna?" He sits down on the ground, once again looking around at the group waiting for a reply. "I do not think the elves will go with us to search for the bard so we may lose our opportunity to address the council so I ask you gentlemen what say you?"



7th Dec, 2016 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

The Maker says...

An elf helps bind and treat Correns wounds but gives Corren a blank stare when he speaks as though he doesn't understand what is being said until Carrick translates into Elvish. "We will take you to see the council once you are rested" he says and looks around at the bodies of the dead orcs "You have earned an audience. One of our scouts will seek out your friend, hopefully she was not taken by the orcs as they fled… death would be a better fate."

The priest listens to Leo's confession in its entirety before replying; he nods occasionally in understanding as Leo describes what he feels are his failings and short comings and when Leo is finished Father Marcellus gives a final nod and looks at Leo with compassion in his eyes "It is normal to be afraid and to have feelings of despair and hopelessness in the face of the Destroyer's onslaughts. The Maker does not judge us based on how we feel, but rather how we react to these feelings unless we willfully give in to those feelings and feed those thoughts, and nothing you have told me about your stand against the savage orcs would suggest that you have committed any significant sin. Yes, you doubted for a moment, but despite this doubt you made your stand against a wave of darkness and did not shirk your obligations or your duty. You did not feed or entertain that doubt to the point of sin. You should not be so hard on yourself Leo. For your penance… pray the Act of Hope twice and once the Canticle of Light." [Leo may choose to tell us what these prayers look like]

Father Marcellus traces an equal armed cross over Leo's heart and then places his hand over Leo's wounds and closing his eyes prays "Lord of Light and Maker of all that is good, cast your gaze not on his failing but rather on his faith. As your hand I grant absolution of his sins and bestow upon him the light of your blessing"

The pain drains from Leo's wounds and a feeling of warmth fills him as the injuries begin to heal and close restoring 10hp (Cast cure wounds at using 2nd level spell slot). Father Marcellus will offer healing to the other members of the party as well, though he does ensure that they accept the Makers light before doing so.

Carrick's furtive movement and spontaneous utterance causes the elves to notch arrows and take combat stances for a moment before they realize that there is no threat and relax. An elf comes to Carrick as he leans against the tree and offers him a waterskin to drink from as he helps bind some of Carricks wounds with poultices that help ease some of the pain.

Another elf sees to Mradoric and binds his wounds as well but he says nothing. Once everyone is patched up the elves search through the corpses and gather their weapons and belongings in to a pile. "Your kills, your loot" one of the elves tells Carrick and motions to the pile

Zinna
The woman smiles and looks up at the tree "Written within these leaves is the history of my people. Thousands of years of history… much of it written before your kind came into existence.”

She stares at the tree for several moments saying nothing more before she returns her gaze to Zinna and once again she seems to be assessing the young bard. “I am glad that you see the beauty in it; this will make the process easier for you I think. Many struggle with it and offer up… unnecessary and ultimately futile resistance. Then again, we’ve never had a human before; from what we’ve observed though your lifespans may be short but your energy is potent. I am hopeful that yours will not have the same negative side effects that we have experienced from the more, shall we say, primitive and aggressive races.”

Her gown flowing gently behind her the elf woman moves gracefully toward the tree and gently caresses its bark which responds to her touch with a soft silvery glow which radiates up her arm and disappears into her body. As she does this Zinna feels an uncomfortable tightening sensation in the center of her chest. As the woman’s hand falls away from the tree the sensation fades.

The woman turns back to face Zinna again with a soft smile forming on her lips, “My name is Araiel. I was sent by my fellow ancestors to assist with your tending. I will try to make you as comfortable as possible but unfortunately some discomfort is inevitable. Be of good heart, this is indeed a great honor. Your spirit will sustain the ancestors for many years and you will be of great service to the Illiosani.”.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2016 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 63

Zinna listens as Araiel speaks. Her eyes widen in horror as she realizes what is in store for her. When the ancient elf touches the tree Zinna feels the pressure on her chest. She trembles in fear. Thinking quickly she assesses the situation. Her friends may not ever find her or be able to help her if they do. The Iliosani mean to take her life force as fuel to sustain the life of the elders. Talking will be a waste of time considering Araiel mentioned about many others that resisted. She grits her teeth in anger. Zinna will not go willingly. All she can hope for now is to die well. Zinna wonders if the Maker exists. Maybe Sir Leo and the father were right. Desperate for any help at all she decides it won't hurt to try. Mouthing a quick prayer she asks the Maker to preserve her in this desperate need. She thinks of her friends and smiles sadly. Zinna thinks of Corren and never seeing him again. Tears begin running down her face. What could have been.

Zinna glares at the ancient elf. " You and your people are no better than the orcs. This is an act of evil. This is an act of the Destroyer. I regret we came to help you. Better the orcs had destroyed you. I will not submit. " She moves up to the elf and begins whispering a discordant melody to her as she does so. The words seem to leave a dark ripple after them.

Specific Action: Move next to the ancient elf while casting Dissonant Whispers.

7th Dec, 2016 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 63

The Maker says...

“As I said, unnecessary and futile” Araiel whispers softly as Zinna approaches. Araiel’s hand moves back to the tree and the glow begins once more but this time more intensely. Zinna’s voice catches in her throat as her chest tightens painfully and she falls to one knee struggling for air until Araiel’s hand falls away from the tree, suddenly freeing Zinna from the distress.

“I know this is hard to accept, especially for a people as short sighted as yours seem to be. This is not the end Zinnathyra, but rather you should see it as a beginning. You will be well cared for by our people for as long as you are with us. Again, I will try to make this as painless as possible, but much of that depends on you. The more you struggle against your destiny, the more… difficult this will be for you. At any rate, we are not ready to begin in earnest just yet. You should rest.”

Zinna’s eyes flutter open and she finds herself on her back in almost complete darkness, but there is soon a sound of something moving, perhaps it is the sound of wood against wood? She feels sharp pains along her sides and feels like something is pulling away from her. Out of the corner of her eye she can see movement and catches a glimpse of what appear to be vines or perhaps roots falling away from her. Zinna sees the outlines of the canopy of a large oak tree looming over her, but night has fallen and it is still very dark, the only light provided by the occasional sliver of moonlight that manages to pierce through the trees.

She finds herself on an earthen slab beneath a large oak tree and a wave of fatigue washes over her (Until she completes a long rest she will have the fatigued status; she is also reduced to 10hp). A figure comes into view to stand over her; it is Adsila.

“Try not to move too quickly” she says “sit up slowly.” Zinna feels Adsila grab one of her arms to pull her forward while the other hand is on her back guiding her forward until she is sitting on the slab.

Standing nearby are two male elves armed with spears, they eye Zinna warily but Adsila holds her hand up indicating for them to remain where they are and they comply. “The joining is a tiresome process, even for elves.”

Adsila motions to one of the elven guards and he produces a flat piece of unleavened, greenish-brown bread from his tunic. Adsila takes the bread from him, snaps a piece off and hands the piece to Zinna “This will help, but try not to eat too fast.”.

Attached Image Edited: Aericsteele on 7th Dec, 2016 - 10:37pm





Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
0
# Words:
0
# Sentences:
0
# Paragraphs:
0
Reading Time:
0
Optional:
Search
  Dice Dice Options: Need Dice Help?
Shall I Tweak Rolls?
Dice Roll Purpose: Start# Type Bonus Amt.
Important [+] More Dice Fields? Use the "More Options" button below.
Explode / Implode D20:
Roll FULL Range D2-D100:
NOTE: Field input is NOT carried over to other pages.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

 
> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
 



International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.