Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 779 of 1199

Assuming there is enough time, Nikolaos will - Page 779 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Jan, 2018 - 4:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
18th Jan, 2018 - 3:20am / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 779

The Awakened says...

When Nikolaos arrives at the rite he looks around for the person in charge to introduce himself. "Hello, I am Nikolaos Willahelm troubadour and herald of the Silver Blaze. Senior Ranger Pell told my friends and I that he would buy us a round of drinks here later today. If you do not already have entertainment arranged for this evening I would be happy to be of service."
"Also is there news that we should be aware of, we only arrived today. "

Nikolaos Willahelm Results:
  • Persuasion on D20 (+9): 28 (1 roll)
  • Guidance on D4 (+0): 3 (1 roll)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Jan, 2018 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia will smile at the others as they accompany her and Mari. Once they reach the city proper they will hire a guide and look to purchase some boots of elvenkind for Mari. Lia will attempt to use her powers of persuasion to get more of a bargain. She will also sell her breastplate armor for what she can.

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2018 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Velon heeds Lia's warning about the main market, choosing to follow her and the other into the city proper. There he learns of the various weapon modifications dwarves are able to make, and inquires further about possible modifications to his existing mace and shield. It is also likely here that he purchases his Cloak of Displacement.

"Fair Lia, could I persuade you to accompany me in making a purchase or two? I imagine if we work together we could fetch a great price from the right merchant. I, of course, might also be willing to accompany you in doing the same?"

Out of Character: Will make some rolls to try to persuade a merchant into a discount on the Cloak, but NBD if the Dungeon Master doesn't want us doing that here. Will roll assuming Lia is willing to help with Help action and/or Guidance, but that is pending as well. Also providing Insight roll as requested by the Dungeon Master although I know that moment has likely passed.

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2018 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 779 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The group descends into the City proper, its a bewildering maze, but soon enough a young dwarf runs up and offers to act as a guide for a few silver. There seem to be a number of such guides waiting in the wings for the new and the lost. Where the boy takes you depends on what you're looking for.

Cratol's business is concluded easily enough, he obtains a new staff, and the delivery of the siege equipment is scheduled.

Nikolaos finds the tavern known as the Rite of Inebriation to be a fairly upper class establishment. Most of the people in here appear to be scholars, mages, and clerics of one stripe or another. At first they're a little reluctant, informing him that they have a play scheduled tonight. But after displaying his skill, the proprietors quickly ask him if he'd be willing to act as an accompaniment during the performance, and play songs before and after.

The beastmaster before Poljen states, "I'm not going to rent out one of my girls to someone who can't even stay in the saddle. Fortunately, there's a solution for that. We have a couple of training belts on hand, the buggers glue you to the saddle, and limit how much you can mess with the mount. Wearing one, you're not going to be able to get the full performance out of a gryphon, but you won't be crashing or plummeting to your death either."

"I can give you the belt, a mount, and the services of a scout on his own mount for 100 platinum. Return them all within two weeks without a scratch and you'll get 80 platinum back. Take longer, or hurt something, and we'll see."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Jan, 2018 - 3:24pm

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2018 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Seeing how effective a bargainer Lia is, Lawrance waits until the others have concluded their business, then asks "Lia, I'm in awe of your subtle talents when dealing with these merchants! Could I persuade you to be my negotiator for my own sales and purchases?"
Describing the nature of his needs in both selling the spell book, and commissioning of a fancy chest, he hopes for her aid.

Specific Action: Selling Swamp Mage spell book 17 spell levels, and getting a Secret Chest chest built with two keys (Base ttl 5100 GP) depositing 1k (Or more as needed). Also commissioning a 200-300gp fine mithril amulet for future magic item creation.
Specific Action: Addendum - using Historian skill to add to her Persuasion roll. DC 15 for a +3 bonus with advantage on the Persuasion. Rolling 6 times to apply for each bargaining session.
Out of Character: : I need to remember this Feat, as it is great for a bit of a boost to all out-of-combat skills!

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 18th Jan, 2018 - 3:51pm

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2018 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lia eyes Velon for a moment." Of course I will help you. That is a good idea. We need to save all the gold that we can.

She smiles at Lawrance." Thank you. I'll be very glad to help you. You have been an important addition to this group. Let's see what we can do. "

Specific Action: Six negotiation rolls with advantage.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 18th Jan, 2018 - 4:16pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jan, 2018 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 779

The Protector. says...

When Tazskan enters the city proper, will offer to pay a guide.

Specific Action: This is to look for, and purchase and/or craft (1) A +2 two-handed sword (Dwarven style).
(2) mithral plate, with a +1 agility, Dexterity bonus. (Dwarven style)
(3) A mithral pendant, with a small emblem, or figurine of Bahamut. Serving as a pact symbol.
(Embossed with some bronze, to signify his dragonborn type).

Out of Character: In an effort, to try and get the very best deal, for each of the party, Plus, save on time.
Will, also offer to pay the same guide, as Lia, so he/she gets extra coin.

Will ask Lia, to help in persuading for overall best party deal. Will, attempt to also use his powers of persuation.

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 18th Jan, 2018 - 4:18pm

Tazskan Daardendrien Results:
  • Persuation on D20 (+1): 16 (1 roll)

18th Jan, 2018 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 779

The Awakened says...

Assuming there is enough time, Nikolaos will hire a guide to help him make his purchases and be back at the tavern on time to get ready for the show. Preferably with enough time to take a short rest and attune to his new items.

Specific Action: making persuasion roll to get good deals making heavy use of guidance cantrip.

Nikolaos Willahelm Results:
  • Persuasion on D20 (+9): 21 (1 roll)
  • Guidance on D4 (+0): 1 (1 roll)

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.