Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 46 of 58

If you are going to play a mulit class character - Page 46 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Oct, 2017 - 3:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 58 pgs.  42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
26th Oct, 2017 - 3:49am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 46

The Protector. says...

Hello Daishain, I would like to play a multi-classed, Dragonborn character. But not sure which class to choose yet?
Probably the best place for me to start, is to generate the basic statistics first.
Can you advise on the appropriate rolls for a level 7 character?
Once I've generated the base statistics to your satisfaction, I can then go on to actually picking an appropriate class and profession to suit ability scores.
After that flesh out the background, history pick a name etc. Then change the name Anronsby to that name.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Oct, 2017 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Check the first page of this thread. We're using the default 27 point buy system instead of rolling for stats. Details on how that works are in the 5e SRD or players handbook. That page also lists the classes oof characters already in play, which should help you pick something that will stand out.

28th Oct, 2017 - 5:06am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Protector. says...

How is this for starters Daishain for my character?

Race: Dragonborn
Alignment: Lawful good.
Size: 6"
Weight: 113kg
Speed: 30 feet.
Draconic ancestory: Silver
Breath weapon: cold 15ft cone.

Core statistics
Strength: 15 (+1) Dexterity: 14 CON: 12 INT: 11 Wisdom: 8
Charisma: 12 (+1)

Class: Monk/Sorcerer.
Hit points: d8/d6

Can you advise me on the die roll for each class? Or do I roll only for one type ie. D8 "Monk"?
Is it level 7 for both classes? Or for one only? So would that be 7x d8 for Monk or similar?

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2017 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 46 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay, couple of things.

I'm showing that you're low on the point buy, you have 4 more points to distribute.

When multiclassing, you need to add the levels together for the total. You could be a level 4 sorcerer and a level 3 monk for instance, but no, you couldn't be a level 7 sorcerer and a level 7 monk at present. (Well, unless we were doing gestalt, but we're not.)

To be effective, Monk wants high Dexterity and Wisdom. In a similar Vein, Sorcerer wants high Charisma. Your highest stat right now is Strength, which neither of those classes benefit from at all.

So yeah, this is a bit of a mess here. How about you back up, and let me know what kind of things you want to do with the character?

I should also note, I have noticed that your posting schedule is a bit erratic. This game runs faster than Kn's. Based on what I've seen, there's a decent chance others will end up waiting on you fairly often. Can you commit to posting a little more regularly?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Oct, 2017 - 5:52am

29th Oct, 2017 - 3:13am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

Ok, I'm going to do the point distribution again. But with an additional 4 points to the tally.

Placing the highest scores in Dexterity, Wisdom and Charisma.
I'm going to stick with this multi-classing if its ok with you.

So the character will be a level 4 monk, and level 3 Sorcerer.

So just to confirm, then I would roll for the Monk 4x D8, and the Sorcerer 3x D6. Sticking with the average scores rounded up, as per your instructions.
When you are talking about response time (From Player). Would you prefer within 24 hours, two days or three days? What would be the minimum/ maximum response time, you would prefer?

Unless, you state otherwise I can roll the above mentioned scores(Hit points) here. Before actually transferring data to character sheet if you prefer?

On the topic of "Die rolls", what is the die roll for (A) Starting money. I noticed that I can pick two skills, two languages/tools. Is that one for Monk, one for Sorcerer, per level or total?

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2017 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

In regards to response time, I generally try to make a major update once every 24 hours, and prefer to have at least most people chime in by that point. That is not a hard limit, I'm well aware that life happens, but that ought to be the default you aim for.

You need to decide which of those two classes is the first class you take. From your first class, you get two skills, two proficient saves. From your second class you get nothing in regards to saves and skills. Check the class description to figure out what is available

You get 2 additional skills and tools/languages from your background.

So 4 skills in total.

Yes, for health you would have 4d8 and 3d6

You also need to choose your archetype for monk and sorcerer, this determines your specialty within the class

Speaking of which, I should note, dragon sorcerers and Monks each have special armor bonuses (10+Wisdom+Dexterity for monk, and 13+Dexterity for Dsorc). These bonuses do not stack in any way.

You'll start off with 2,500 GP, which you can use to purchase items to complement what your first class gives you. Uncommon magic items are priced by default at 500 gp, Rare at 2,000.

Finally, at least for the moment, at level 4 monk you get what is listed as an ability score increase. You can use this to boost an ability by 2, OR you can obtain a feat.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 29th Oct, 2017 - 9:53pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Oct, 2017 - 2:55am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 46

The Protector. says...

I've made the corrections for my character below:

Name: Tazskan
Race: Dragonborn.

Statistics
Strength: 10 Dexterity:15 (+2) CON:15(+2) INT:10 Wisdom: 10 Charisma:14 (+2)

Class: Sorcerer level 4, Monk level 3.
Hit points: 18 (Sorceror), 14 (Average score = 4 plus CON mod),(18+14) Total = 32 HP.

Monk component: Monastic tradition, deflect missiles. After life spared by a red Dragon, Tazskan delivered to a Monastery as an orphan.

Ki points= 3
Martial Arts (Unarmed)= 1D4 + 10ft (Unarmed)
Monk Specialty: Way of the Shadow, 2 ki points to cast either darkness, darkvision, or pass without trace.

* I want the Sorcerer to be the primary class, Monk the secondary.

Sorcerer component. Draconic bloodline, father made a pact with a magical red dragon. Dragons blood courses through Tazskans veins. Tazskans life spared by a dragon for showing compassion.

Arcane focus: Fireball, and Greater Invisibility. (If allowed?)

* The two additional skills? Would like Persuasion and Arcania insight.

If all the above is correct and "Permissible" for use in the game, I will then add direct to character sheet.

I will go ahead and purchase the armor, weapons, explorers pack, once you have given me the green light on this?

I will also think up and embellish a more detailed history of the character, if this character is good to go?

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2017 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 46

If you are going to play a mulit class character you would wantto put your two highest ability scores in the main attributes for each class. The monk would be Dexterity and the sorceress would be charisma. Thus if I were you I would have Dexterity at 15, Charisma at 15 and then wisdom at 14 and the rest 10. That would make the most sense but you can do as you wish. Just trying to help.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.