Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 48 of 58

Okay, under the combat info box, go ahead - Page 48 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Nov, 2017 - 2:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 58 pgs.  44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
2nd Nov, 2017 - 9:33am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 48

The Quiet Shadow says...

Of any case again great job at creating the backstory that combines the two classes pretty well. A warlock and a paladin are definitely an interesting combination.

Rather off topic, but...
I went and gave you a like but then I messed up on a word, saying "Nice Java" instead of "Nice job". Sometimes the microphone doesn't work correctly and I don't catch the error until it's too late. I just wish there was a way of editing that Like.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Nov, 2017 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

I have now added a lot of data, and the following history of my character.

Can you please check the character sheet, and the "Question marks" on what figure is required there?

Tazskan is of the Dragonborn race clan Calumorn whom revere and hold in high regard Olzrath, champion of the blue or weak. Olzrath is a wise old bronze dragon, that dwells on a mystical Island on another plane.
One day, the Calmorn clan came under attack from tribe of Kobolds led by Bruboc an evil Sorceror.
The Kobolds were aided by their God, an evil red dragon named Arigideos and attacked showing no mercy.
Tazshkan, witnessed his parents getting killed. He narrowly escaped the enslaught, while still a youth, and never looked back. He retreated to a mountain cave, where he had a vision of a white humanoid non-corporeal being.
The being required of him an oath, and Tazshkan fought back tears. He swore from that day on to take an oath of vengeance against evil everywhere.
He was granted new strength and powers, that of a Paladin. He lived a solitary life away from other Dragonborn, and soon became restless.
After helping a human village, by vanquishing some bandits, and tending to the sick, he still felt unforfilled in life.
Then he heard about a magical crystal of mysterious orgins lost in a deserted ruins. He made a shrine in the desert, to the great bronze dragon, Olzrath. He seemed guided by an inner six sense, a powerful force.
With a power beyond himself he unleashed vengeance upon, undead creatures that guarded an altar.
Defeating the undead creatures, he uncovered a strange amulant, with a emerald coloured crystal embedded inside of it.
A loud voice filled the room demanding that Tazshkan, worship him and form a pact with him. He said that he could take Tazshkan direct to Olzrath. If he didn't, then he would perrish like all the other fools before him.
Tazshkan, decided to make the pack with the "Great One," for his obedience he was given the power of a Warlock.

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2017 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Okay, couple more notes, getting much closer, but not quite there:

-I presume by amulant you mean amulet.
-You don't need to buy greaves, gauntlets, or the like, such are included in a set of armor.
-Since you have no Dexterity bonus, and you do have the money, there's no point in not going all the way for full plate armor rather than just half plate. That will give you an AC of 19.
-Where are you getting the additional +1 to strength?
-What skills did you pick?
-If going with the pseudodragon familiar, I suggest listing the stats for the same in your sidekick box
-your first level has maximized health rather than just average. So your total HP is actually 52
-You might want to list what your Warlock Invocations actually do, + charisma to damage for edritch blast, and at will Mage Armor in this case.
-NOTE: Mage Armor does NOT stack with normal armor. Meaning Armour of Shadows will be useless to you unless stripped of your gear.
-you talked about getting extra cantrips at 3rd level, then listed 2 invocations, which are not the same thing. However, you do not get any cantrips or invocations at 3rd level, so I'm really not sure what you're speaking of.
-You mention the Great Weapon Master feat, but you spent your fourth level bonus on upgrading your constitution score rather than a feat, its one or the other.

2nd Nov, 2017 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Page 48 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

I found out that there were to many words on the page, on character sheet.
Therefore I couldn't save it, may have to try and have a summary of it?
The +1 was from the heavy armor (Skill), for use in Paladin. But unfortunately the the requisites for that required proficiency in medium and light armor.
I think I will get rid of the Great Weapon master feat then, and stick with the +1 to CON.
I think I might have to get rid of the Mage armor Warlock spell, if wearing plate.
Then choose another from Mage?

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2017 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

You get heavy armor proficiency from Paladin automatically, it is not a skill, and you don't have to do anything to have it.

Are you thinking of the Heavily armored feat? That's an entirely different thing, and unnecessary, and you don't have that many feat choices anyways.

For skills, your choices are 2 from the paladin list: Athletics, Insight, Intimidation, Medicine, Persuasion, or Religion. And then any 2 others that make sense due to your history. Offhand, I would suggest Athletics, Insight, Persuasion, and Perception be your skills known list.

Yes, you can pick another invocation to replace Armour of Shadows. Voice of the Chain Master is an interesting one to use with your Pseudodragon, Eldritch Sight is great for never being surprised my the magic of others, there are a couple of others that would be interesting.

3rd Nov, 2017 - 8:03am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

The Protector. says...

Thanks for clarifying the Paladin character, I was concerned that he may have needed to be proficient in armor and weapon use as a skill first.
I think its logical to have Persuasion, Intimidation, Insight and perception (As my four skills).

So Voice of Chain Master should compliment the Psuedodragon also.

Because I don't have a premium account or enough forum points I cannot choose a dragon-looking icon.

I will have to put some text alluding to the creatures appearance and ability's in the notes section.

If that's the only outstanding requirements. Plus take off the money for purchase. I will go ahead and amend the character.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Nov, 2017 - 5:57am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 48

The Protector. says...

I've updated the character sheet now, making the amendments you have suggested. Can you go over the abilities and spells and tell me if correct?

Post Date: 4th Nov, 2017 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 48

Okay, under the combat info box, go ahead and include your to hit modifier along with your strength damage bonus. For martial weapons, that would be strength and proficiency to hit, and strength to damage. For Eldritch Blast, since you have the agonizing blast invocation, its the same as above, only using Charisma in place of strength, Also, your base AC with full plate is 18, not 15, defense style then adds 1 for a total of 19.

So: Greatsword, +6 tohit, 2d6+3 damage; Dagger +6 tohit, 1d4+3 damage; Eldritch Blast, +6 to hit, 1d10+3 damage (Per ray, you get two)

For your familiar, I'd suggest naming it. Also, you forgot to list a few of its abilities. It has 100 foot telepathy (Limited to simple ideas, images, and emotions), advantage on sight, hearing, and smell based perception checks, and advantage on saving throws vs magic.

For deity, there is an established pantheon in Faerun, and I'm pretty sure Olzrarth isn't among them. I suggest looking at Torm or Bahamut. Torm is the god of loyalty and righteous battle, more paladins revere him than any other deity. Bahamut is the god of metallic dragons, and the principle enemy of Tiamat and the chromatic dragons (Which includes the reds).

I'm sure there's more, but at this point, I'm setting your character to Active.

Tazskan had been investigating reports that followers of Tiamat were active near a particular village in the mountains near Sundabar. Unfortunately, on arriving, he found that the village itself was taken over, a little too late to do anything save go down fighting. When next he wakes, he cannot see, being bound in a pitch black room.

Go ahead and make your first post in the main thread.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Nov, 2017 - 2:08pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.