Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 567 of 948

Anron, as far as movement total, you are correct. - Page 567 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Dec, 2017 - 2:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 14th Dec, 2017 - 4:07am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 567

The grapple is already broken, you have Ignazio's shadow hound to thank for that. You can easily heal yourself.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Dec, 2017 - 6:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I say smite her like their is no tomorrow!

Someone brought up resources earlier. After my most recent post, Ignazio is down to 1 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lv spell and has 4 sorcery points left. If someone drops the cultist he has paralyzed, he will twin haste velon an Poljen and burned down everyone left standing.

The good news is that if we down her my hound knows her location, in theory.

Post Date: 14th Dec, 2017 - 6:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Croft, to attack her from the floor means to attack with Disadvantage. Getting up will give her an attack of opportunity on Tazskan, which would probably just put him on the ground again.

Anron, both Divine Sense and Laying of Hands for healing are actions. There are NO swift actions. There are some healing moves that are termed bonus actions, but I don't think you have those. You need to choose which to do. And since she is right there in front of you, and from what I can tell she is not invisible or anything, heal yourself. Once a few folks start fighting her, you can probably move away and get up.

And for those rules, you use up half your movement to stand, and crawling is half-speed… so until she is focused elsewhere, heal up and keep your head down. Once she is being swarmed, go ahead and strike with Disadvantage. If you connect you can add smite to the damage. But all that is for another round.

Post Date: 14th Dec, 2017 - 7:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 567 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Unless there is a houserule here, standing up from prone doesn't provoke (See phb, 190 and 195). Laying down will, however, give the vampire advantage for hitting him.

14th Dec, 2017 - 9:33am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

Thanks for advice Paul, I've just amended the action, for self heal only in main thread.
I didn't realize that she was still close by.
So regarding Tazkans movement of 30 feet, He could use half, then move to prone or 15 feet and one action (Prone)?
Does that sound right?
However, I'm guessing that a character with only a handful of HP isn't quite as dexterous, or able to lift anything to heavy also.
So that would indicate he would need at least 12 points, to swing a two handed sword in melee.
But more than capable to lift an arm with a few points.

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 14th Dec, 2017 - 9:36am

Post Date: 14th Dec, 2017 - 12:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Anron, I would back away into cover. With the necrotic damage Taz took his current maximum hit points is 12. He will realize after this round that his healing attempt basically did nothing. It will be easy for him to be dropped with a max of 12 hit points. You can be brought back up with healing but the exhaustion side effects will be crippling if you go down much. The amount of hit points he is at currently has no bearing on his strength. If he has 1 hitpoint then he still has his full strength to strike with his greatsword.

Paul, that was 3.5 regarding getting up from prone triggers an opportunity attack. They have made knocking someone prone a lot less effective. It gives your ranged characters disadvantage to strike. If you are the only one fighting someone in melee then it's a waste of time to knock them prone because they can get right back with no AOO provoked. I don't care for that rule change.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 14th Dec, 2017 - 1:11pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Dec, 2017 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 567

Yes, AOO on standing is a 3.5e rather than a 5E thing.

However, if people check the first page of this thread a little more closely, that is one of the houserules I made. Third one on the list.

One of the disadvantages of trying to customize this edition a bit, lots of little tweaks. Believe it or not, I could easily quadruple that list.

Post Date: 14th Dec, 2017 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 567

Anron, as far as movement total, you are correct. You could can get up (You currently are prone) and move a total of 15 feet away. Or you could crawl, which is half speed, and only move 15. But you would not be on your feet. The problem with all of this is that you would still incur an Attack of Opportunity. Since your healing won't go higher in any case until you get a rest, this next turn I would recommend you use for your action, Disengage, which means you move away from your opponent without suffering the AoO. That would be your whole action, unless you have a bonus action you can do. Check your spells to see if any of them are either bonus actions or reactions.

And Daishain, did you see my question yesterday… did Cratol get an AoO when the vampire got back to her feet?

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 14th Dec, 2017 - 2:22pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.