Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 639 of 948

I've made the updates, to my character - Page 639 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Jan, 2018 - 7:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

02nd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 639

Okay, I think I have finally made up my mind. I will boost my Strength by 2 to 18, and stop wearing the Gauntlets of Ogre Power (Any takers? If not, I will donate it for sale so the funds can go to the group). In place of the Gauntlets, he will attune to the Bracers of Defense he finds in the white dragon hoard, giving him a +2 AC when he does not use his shield.

If this is all cleared by Daishain (Who might say yes just to get me to stop asking questions), I will do that. As for the poor HP boost, well, he was dropped so many time recently I figure his body just can't help this level…

EDIT: Croft, I just saw your post. Sentinel does sound good… maybe next time! Thanks for the idea!

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 5th Jan, 2018 - 3:29am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I will take the gauntlets and put the cloak of fortification into the group fund if no one minds.

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Did I miss the main treasure post? Everyone seems to have the items they picked. biggrin.gif I need lots of gold for spell copying!

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 4:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 639 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Main treasure post hasn't happened, but since this was the big haul from the end of Act 1, I offered to let each of you pick one Rare magic item in the treasure hoard.

5th Jan, 2018 - 4:29am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

Just to confirm now the current status quo for the character Tazskan.
Now level 4 Paladin, level 4 Warlock = Level 8.
Hit points at start of campaign = 52.

Current Hit points = 61? (No CON modifier.) If using average figure. If Dai allows me to use this figure?

Dai can I choose to take, the average instead of rolling which will yield 9 total. Or roll a single 1D10, and 1D8? I will roll here anyhow, if you prefer the latter just in case.

With regards to the previous query, Dai I was referring to, when I was originally creating the character Tazskan. At 4th level Warlock, I was able to raise one ability of my choice by one point. In this case I chose Constitution.

So the concern, was only if I had to drop the Warlock level back down to three. Which, I'm not now going to do, making the point mute.

Tazskan, also learned an extra spell, Dimension door, which turned out to be a waste at this stage, as he cannot actually use it yet. He still has pact of Chain, having a familiar so happy with that.

With regards to the Paladin now 4th level, I noticed again an ability improvement. But still only 3 spells at first level. Although very tempting to raise Strength to 18 to yield a +4 on Acrobatics. Tazskan is going to raise his Constitution to 13 to now yield a +1 modifier. As death, and dying are becoming more a reality. Proficiency bonus still +2 for Paladin, and Warlock anyhow.

With regards to actual money Tazskan's carrying. I don't know as he was captured and put in a dungeon. Can you advise me on this Dai?

Just confirming Dai, you mentioned Tazsakn can have a "Rod of the pact keeper, +2" is this after thawing out the ice? Part of the hoard?

If so, then does he still need to perform an attunement ritual? How exactly does Tazskan do it? And what rolls are needed to make? What Warlock spell can he pick at what level?

I would like to purchase some mithral armor, if permitted with trade and or selling of his portion. Whichever is allowed? This is before Tazskan goes on any extended trekking of course. A silver cross, or silvering his two-handed sword would also help.

Unless, otherwise noted Tazskan wants to visit Priests of Bahamut in Suzail with Velon, and the others? For the purposes of resurrecting Zarra from the dead. After conversation with Silas, and other matters?

5th Jan, 2018 - 5:35am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

The Quiet Shadow says...

I will see about updating Zarra, and perhaps if allowable Geoffroy as well even if a couple have encouraged I stick with my drow rogue. I am undecided.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2018 - 5:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 639

If taking the average each level, with a Con mod of zero, you should be at 10+3*6+4*5=48
Bump Con mod up to +1, and that will improve to 56

You indicated that you wanted a rod of the pact keeper, so that's what I have slated for you. That would be an item found in the hoard once it is freed from the ice.

Attunement basically just takes an hour of meditation, it can be done during a short rest.

In terms of carried funds, you have all of your gear back, cash included.

Buying mithral armor is certainly possible, though not in your current location.

The extra pact spell slot granted by the rod is of the same level as the rest you have, level 2 for now.

Under no circumstances can you pick or be granted a spell that you cannot cast. Either you need to pick something other than dimension door, or you don't qualify for it yet.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 5th Jan, 2018 - 5:36am

5th Jan, 2018 - 7:56am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 639

The Protector. says...

I've made the updates, to my character sheet now. Removed the Dimension door, as it is to high and irrelevant to his level. Applied the CON level modifiers +2, as I forgot to account that Tazskan was already a level 4 Warlock, its just that the Paladin has now reached 4th also.
Adjusted Paladin correctly to include Hunters Mark as part of his vengeance oath (Not counted as part of the set of three first level spells).
The two invocations for the Warlock, overlooked before Agonizing blast and Beast speech. Plus one level 1 spell, Expeditious retreat.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.