Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 648 of 948

So speaking of what we can afford, we haven't - Page 648 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Jan, 2018 - 3:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2018 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 648

Maneuvering the castle to within a few feet of a particular point should be doable with practice. At present, its more like within a few dozen feet. Yes you can change elevation freely. However, it grows sluggish at high altitudes, and is incapable of going much above the highest clouds.

In regards to the castle layout. You guys are free to make a more detailed map if you wish, but unless you guys get into a situation where you are boarded, there's not much need for it on my end.

In terms of seige weapon placement, there are seven guard towers, four surrounding the main keep and upper courtyard, and three on the wall surrounding the lower courtyard. Any of them could support a ballista.

If just going for general area coverage, you could get away with equipping only three of the towers and still have most of the angles covered. Five would get most of the remaining blind spots, and seven would simply add that last bit of offensive power.

Additional towers and the like could of course be added, especially to the main keep which is notably lacking in such, but that would be a major project, not something you can get done right away.

Anyone could learn to pilot the castle, you've got a decent manual on hand and the controls are not incredibly complex. Some characters would realistically have a little more difficulty than others, but I'll leave that up to roleplay.

In regards to Poljen's trip to the Cloud Giants, even if he wishes to go alone, the fastest route at this point would be to take the castle north, then ride one of the Wyverns to the mountaintop. That way bypasses the hefty fees for teleport circle usage as well. There is a practical reason for such a detour for the others as well. Citadel Adbar is nearby, and boasts some of the finest craftsmen and engineers in the world. Among other things, you should be able to get the ballistas there.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 14th Jan, 2018 - 11:26pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2018 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

While we don't have lots of capital to spend on improving the castle, at the moment, a trip the Citadel sounds like a good start. We'll get the ballistas Cratol has generously donated funds for, and any minor structural changes, as well as hiring some skilled staff there. That'll flesh out or basics, and we can use various magics to ensure there are no jokers in our hires. Level 2 Zone of Truth, for example.

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2018 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Welp, basic info most of you would know off hand. Citadel Adbar, and the underground city it protects, Adbarrim, is probably the most famous of dwarven enclaves, mostly for its enduring nature. It is well known for its craftsmen as well as its warriors, and the dwarves there conduct extensive trade with other races. Most dwarven handiwork passing through the Sword Coast on merchant wagons originated there. The same goes for a good portion of the refined ore used by smiths in the same area.

It is fairly remote, far enough to the north that it lies on the edge of most maps. Go much further, and there's not much to find beyond frozen wastes.

The one downside to perhaps hiring from there, at least for more than temporary work such as installing the siege equipment: Not many dwarves are liable to be happy about living and working well above stable ground.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 15th Jan, 2018 - 3:18am

15th Jan, 2018 - 8:03am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 648 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

I'd being willing to have Zarra learn how to use a light ballista, thus able to use the dragon bane giant bow, though she would need someone assisting since you did mention it requiring two people. Admittedly I don't know how long she will be staying with the party.

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2018 - 12:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

You're still debating that?

I don't mean to push, but the point at which Geoffroy would logically be able to rejoin the group is coming up rapidly. Heck, if the group heads to waterdeep, that point would basically be now.

15th Jan, 2018 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Protector. says...

Dai, is it time for a side quest yet? To Suzail with Velon and whoever else is going?
Can I source some Mithral armor on the way? Or should we hold off for a little while?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2018 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 648

You guys have enough mobility at this point that you can pretty much assume that you can buy whatever you can afford, that includes mithral armor.

Unless I missed something, the reason for the trip to Suzail was to raise Zarra and let Velon take his oath in front of a representative of Bahamut. The former's no longer necessary, and for the latter, I believe I had offered to let Silas stand as his witness while he was here. Cinder is still free to claim that is what happened.

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2018 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 648

So speaking of what we can afford, we haven't actually resolved the 41,872 gold found in the hoard, so I can't update my character sheet and do some shopping. Getting treasure seems to always lead to a long list of loose ends to tie up! I'm not even fully convinced we haven't left magical items by the side of the road when no one claims them!

Lawrance, where did you get the $3766 number?

My math:
$41872 divided by 11 including castle = $3806.55

If we want to do some funny math and return $1500 in value to our pool because the diamonds make up for that in the castle share, that would add $150 to each person's total. I'm not really sure what the diamonds have to do with the castle budget other than as a justification to boost our individual income, so I'm a favor of us each just taking $3806 and the castle getting the same. (All remainders going to the castle, perhaps, so $3814 to the castle.)

In fact, since I'm still unclear of what we're getting 5 days after the treasure was posted, I'm just going to mark down $3806 for Velon. I'm also going to mark down all magic items not already claimed on Velon's character sheet since no one else has claimed them. It's not that I'm hoarding them or even want them, but if they aren't claimed now and put on a character sheet they likely won't be used or even exist later. If anyone wants them, they're all yours, other than perhaps the mace and 1 potion Velon claimed.

(See upcoming update in my post on page 347 on this thread for the list of who has claimed what.).

*Leaving the cursed armor sitting in the control room after not being able to fit it through the portal. Don't want to carry that around.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 15th Jan, 2018 - 3:56pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.