Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 660 of 948

I enjoy the RP but don't want to detract - Page 660 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Jan, 2018 - 4:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
25th Jan, 2018 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 660

The Protector. says...

Unless, otherwise stated Tazskan, accepted the invitation of the feast.
Will, happily join in on the festivities with any of the group.
A re-telling of the white dragon fight would be appreciated also.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jan, 2018 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Ky, you're not helping my apprehension around the giant situation with that last post! (Laugh) In character I figure Velon is thinking at this point that if the giants want the castle they can take it from them either way, but he's still nervous. He probably won't want to make a habit of visiting strangers that could easily overpower the group if they wanted their new flying toy, but this was important to Poljen and Queen E. Didn't warn us that they may become hostile.

Daishain, I'm still a little obsessed with the idea of Velon carrying a 'Huge' dwarven weapon per the opportunity you recently provided. This would seem to be able to be applied to one handed weapons such as Velon uses, and would then meet the requirements of Great Weapon Master down the road if Velon lives long enough to take it (Probably not at the next ASI, but a long way from now instead). If this is too power-gamey / OP I understand.

What would be the economics of gaining such a weapon?

15gp - thinking maybe a warhammer?
500gp - Huge Property
2000gp +2 enchantment?
-----
2515gp Total
-----
- any bartering success
- sale of existing +2 weapon? (Half price, so 1000gp?)
-----
1515gp or less?

[Huge: add +2 damage and Heavy property (Negates finesse property, cannot be applied to Heavy weapon)]

26th Jan, 2018 - 1:21am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Protector. says...

Cinder, how come Velon didn't get a huge warhammer back at the citadel.
Tazskan, purchased a heavy property +2 two handed from there.
Can we go back there? You can get your warhammer, and some of us extra training? Like ballista?

Don't forget, with all your private talks, in a closed room, hasn't gone unnoticed. By the rest of the group.
It may pay to have Velon, and or Mari say something? Before we get far down the track?

As both honor and clan is more important than life for Tazskan. This group, is like a second family to him.
Obviously, transparency would be important for him also.

Do you want a Paladin chat, in side stories??

Post Date: 26th Jan, 2018 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 660 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

We're going back to the citadel so that's why I'm still debating what to get. I think Velon will keep his +1 shield for a total of extra +3 AC. I may be able to get huge as a one hander. The real problem is having to give up my +2 enchanted weapon and then pay for it again just to get huge. Not really sure.

I would say you can role play training with the ballista any time, anywhere, such as when we're flying. You don't need Velon's permission or to do it at the citadel, necessarily I wouldn't think.

Anron, please stop telling me multiple times how to play my character over the situation. I haven't even finished role-playing the situation with Lia in the side stories thread. By the time I got the information from Mari, Poljen was already gone on his mission in the Main thread. If you look there I told Daishain I wanted to make a post to the group on the topic once we are all together again instead of interrupting the flow of the giant story with another matter. If you are that concerned about it, you may want to read the Side Story thread for this information.

Also, are you saying one conversation with Mari and Lia and one trip to the control room was that obvious amidst a whole city and a huge castle because you are reading about it out of character and want to be involved, or because Tazskan was actually there outside the room to witness these things? If the latter we should probably make some perception rolls and the like to see if that is really the case or not.

27th Jan, 2018 - 2:39am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

Dai, I've read that characters can learn skills in downtime.
Whats involved in learning how to use siege weapons?
Would Tazskan, need to visit the barracks, for a trainer?

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2018 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I had planned to be leniant in regards to that. Generally speaking, at least for characters with notable martial training already, just devote downtime to training with the things and you'll be considered proficient soon enough.

Also, ouch, some harsh words being exchanged in the main thread.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2018 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 660

I, for one, am greatly enjoying this family drama! Well done to everyone involved so far. I'm making some popcorn right now.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2018 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 660

I enjoy the RP but don't want to detract from the game for those that hate drama or simply don't really feel too involved. Glad to see most people chiming in though so we can all RP it from different perspectives; new characters, older characters, those personally offended, those that don't even know Mari or even Lia, etc..

Good thing Perry isn't there so you can't toss a wrench in, you know, just to keep the show going until your popcorn is gone! wink.gif.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.