Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 709 of 948

Dai, if I have the pseudodragon perch himself - Page 709 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Mar, 2018 - 12:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2018 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 709

Daishain, this is going to be another battle where everything has changed by the time Velon acts since he is last in the order after three different bad guy initiative turns. I'll just be guessing blindly at what he might want to do each post, often actions being rendered useless. How should I handle that? I know it's just the nature of Play By Post, not your fault, of course.

Edit: Yes, what is the con save DC here?

Can you define Concealment with regard to 5e? Are they totally invisible? Can we find them at all if you're Velon and you're not within 5ft of any of them?

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 9th Mar, 2018 - 5:47pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2018 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Rolling the CON Save here, but I am unsure of the target number. If there are any other saves needed, let me know. And this is for round 2, essentially, right? Or do I make the roll when effected, and then again on my turn (Or its turn)? Tell you what, I will roll twice anyway…

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2018 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I'm needing the same answer as Cinder - are they 75% or 50% or totally concealed? Spell Sniper means Lawrance won't need to re-roll if they are still marginally visible. Based on how spells work, concentration rolls only need to happen the round after the spell casting, correct? So this round, both of us get our spells off, and next round I hope the Naga fails, dropping it's spell, before I have to roll?

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2018 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 709 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

5E's term for it is heavy obscurement. You're essentially blind beyond 5'. It imposes disadvantage on attack rolls. Spell Sniper won't help I'm afraid.

Concentration rolls are made whenever something happens to force one. That could be during casting even with a non concentration spell if someone is waiting with a readied attack. But in this case the save is made at the beginning of a turn, so a spell cast by Lawrance now will have at least one round before its at risk.

Velon, for now at least, still has a good idea where people are. You can assume he can stumble over to someone or land his fireball with reasonable accuracy.

Con save DC is 15, sorry, thought I had mentioned it. The save is made only on the beginning of a turn, not when the spell activates.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2018 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay, I will take the CON roll I made in thread for next round, making it a failure taking full damage.
With the readied Storm Sphere casting, will the bonus lightning bolt action take effect before the obscurement? If not, I will sadly roll a Disadvantage here, against my *sniffle* critical.
Edit: forgot to boost arcane shield from dispel magic casting.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 9th Mar, 2018 - 8:24pm

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2018 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Cinder, no worries about not Hasting Poljen. Granted it would be awesome, but I will roll as it is. And thanks for reminding me about the Silent Stone. For some reason I thought I had given it back…

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Mar, 2018 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 709

Originally I had a different post typed up where Velon misty steps onto where he thinks the dark naga should be, grapples it, and is then like "Oh crap, I forgot I don't have the stone… someone silence it!" It would have been funnier, but I decided not to go with that though as there are just too many variables. It might not be there still, I would likely fail the grapple rendering my turn pointless (See the 2 I just rolled for confirmation there!), etc.

10th Mar, 2018 - 12:27am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 709

The Protector. says...

Dai, if I have the pseudodragon perch himself on my shoulders. Then see through his eyes. Can this negate the effects of the Naga blindness?

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.