Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 720 of 948

Cratol is wondering what the treasure we found - Page 720 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Mar, 2018 - 6:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
21st Mar, 2018 - 3:21am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 720

The Protector. says...

Soon I will have to choose one of three decisions, for Tazskan.

Renouncing the Paladin oath, embracing the Warlock pact fully, is one of those choices.
So, yeah it would have to be a real "In-game" action.
Since I'm new to this, I've absolutely no idea what that would involve.

Obviously, if the majority, preferred Tazskan to retain or keep his Paladin oath. Then that will also effect my decision. If, the majority wanted him to become more Warlock. Then I will take that on board as well.

I'm sure Dai, can let me know, and indirectly everyone what that might entail, as far as game mechanics are concerned. As you mentioned, equipment lost, fallout with various associations, groups, clans, alignment change? Etc. Equipment gained, Warlock spells gained etc..

A lot to consider, that's why I'm seeking some advice. Before his next chapter, in the game.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Mar, 2018 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Taz, its not a matter of us voting on your choice, its a matter of your Ability to be enjoying playing the game fully. If you would rather be a pure caster or a pure fighter type, its a choice. Playing a multi class character is a hard balance, when you have little experience with either class. What we are saying is you might find it more fun to play a high level of either class, rather than a partial one in both. Or even dip a single level in one of them rather than 3 or 4 levels. Its your choice, and I'm sure Dai will set some serious task to make the change, but it could be worthwhile for you.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2018 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Quick question for the Dungeon Master, Varram is still tied up and restrained correct? I'd like to heal him just a couple of health points so we can at least talk to him as he doesn't seem to be responding, but I want to make sure he can't run off.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2018 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 720 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The cleric Lia already healed him some so if you heal him too then he could be more dangerous to us.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2018 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I was under the impression that she used a healer's kit to stabilize him, not heal him. I could be wrong however. Basically, we just need him awake enough to talk. Or we can wait until we get back to the castle with him for that, but I thought what he said about "Treasure" might be relevant while we are here. It's up to the group as whole to decide where and when we want to interrogate him.

Note that Perry tried to talk to him after the use of said healer's kit and he hasn't responded or shown any signs of anything.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 21st Mar, 2018 - 6:04pm

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2018 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Anron you should probably decide whether you want to be a melee character or a ranged caster and go from there. Do whatever is the most fun for you. 'Gish' characters can be complicated, and as a party we'll need people to be taking full advantage of their abilities. I'm not exactly sure what Daishain is offering for rebuild options, perhaps just pure warlock, if anything. Whatever you want to do sounds good to me out of character, and we just need to know from you and Daishain in character what the change is and how to role-play it. Is it a ret-con where we just pretend you were a dragonborn warlock the whole time, or is there a major in-character change that should be role played?

In general and for the party as a whole, I'm sure Daishain is creating encounters with difficulty levels on par with the level of the party and the number of members. If we have people playing level 8 characters like, say, level 3 characters we are outmatched and undermanned in hard or deadly encounters, and it's going to get us a TPK eventually. Thus everyone needs to, to one degree or another, make good use of their class abilities. Doing little but cantrips for a whole boss fight might get us killed. Casting mage armor as a full round of actions when it should be up already might get us killed. Our biggest strength in the battle we just had were our casters shutting down the nasty spells of the abominations and naga, via dispell magic or counter spell or whatever. That's the type of higher level play we'll need to survive the next dragon battle. We can't be burning spell slots and actions poking dragon's with pitch forks and otherwise closing our eyes and hoping the battle will somehow be won if we wait enough rounds. The last dragon fight was a mess and I expect a TPK on the next if we don't work on our group tactics.

Not quite sure why wanting to ensure Varram is stable and healthy enough to speak, since the Dungeon Master described him as currently being badly injured and pretty out of it, needs criticism twice. Good thing we know Lia is a cleric now, though.

Paul I'm confused about what Poljen said. What is more complicated and what doesn't seem right?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Mar, 2018 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 720

Cinder, that is Poljen just bemoaning the fact that things seem simpler to him when it means fighting. Now we have to decide about interrogating the dwarf; will we let him live; should we explore more of these tunnels (The tunnel just north of this one is unexplored); pool first or dead guy first; etc. Originally we were just here for the dwarf and mask, then we find devils, yuan-tis, naga, etc. We just won a great victory, and Poljen feels we should have a clearer path ahead, but to him things feel confusing.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2018 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 720

Cratol is wondering what the treasure we found was plus what is in the locked secret door that he opened. Hopefully nothing to bad.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.