Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 61 of 91

"The population may struggle to form - Page 61 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Mar, 2017 - 10:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

09th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 91 pgs.  57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65  ...Latest (91) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2017 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 61

Theaton already feels that yes it is his land but it is also part of the kingdom. If any tread in his lands they are also treading in the kingdom of Kamelarn.

Sponsored Links:
6th Mar, 2017 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Ignoble says...

"I agree, a castle is the best investment right now; and an army to go with it will greatly increase the realm's security" Mykael replies "Though I recommend that we continue to develop the volunteer militia as well."

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 8:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"As far as armaments for the militia go, most commoners are only proficient with one simple weapon. I have been considering this while watching you drill them… What if we were to provide members of the militia with light crossbows? It's a simple weapon and requires no real strength, yet is capable of doing steady damage. Also, it would allow them to support the army while hopefully staying off of the frontlines and somewhat more safe. In the event of an attack on our future walls, they would be able to defend those as well."

Out of Character: The Commoner NPC class in Pathfinder is only proficient with 1 simple weapon and no armors or shields, thus my suggestion. Also, it kind of reminded me of the whole "English longbowmen" story.

ICon, I know there are stats for Militia armies. Will we need to pay a monthly BP cost for them too?

7th Mar, 2017 - 11:43am / Post ID: #
Kyra
OathB Chosen One lvl 6
Character
Follower / Center
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Page 61 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

The Diplomat says...

Kyra stepped out for a moment, allowing them to discuss a few things among themselves. This too, because they were discussing things that at this point she knew very little about. More, the paladin was a bit nervous as she wondered what might be done.

Yet on being called back in, the young woman would ask, "My apologies if you wanted me to be a part of all that you were discussing, but I'm here now. What is it you may ask me?" Kyra was ready to serve where she could, making a difference where she may.

With her followed Akil, watching the others with a look that did not appear mere feline curiosity. Kyra may yet find that the cat was more then he appeared, that they all would.

Out of Character: A little confused on all the technical details you have been discussing on the kingdom building, as well knowing what I can have Kyra do during her down time and play her part as the Grand Diplomat.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 7th Mar, 2017 - 2:30pm

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Kresnik clambers back into his chair and says, "Thank you for coming back in Kyra and Akil, we wish to know more of your purpose here.

"There is a position within our government that we believe you would excel at. We highly doubt that you have any interests that would be of harm to Kamelarn, so the question is mainly of commitment. Are you both willing and able to devote yourself to such a role for the forseeable future?"

Out of Character: Each of the leadership positions requires one week per month of active duty. The rest of us have been spending the first day of the month in a meeting, deciding on the kingdom building aspects to do this month, then a week fulfilling our duties (Said duties are generally handled 'off camera', but in the case of grand diplomat would generally require managing emissaries to other lands, negotiating with others, mediating, etc.), leaving the rest of the month open for adventures (Like the field trip where we found you) and downtime.

Each leader adds a bonus to certain aspects of the kingdom. For instance, Kresnik in his role as Magister (Basically he's in charge of advanced learning subjects around here, especially magical studies) adds a +5 bonus to the nation's economy. Kyra would add a bonus to Kamelarn's Stability.

As to the technical details, here are the basic rules for kingdom building: Source 2f. We're also using some rules from a few nonfree PDFs, but those are the basics.

Come to think of it, how much of a stability bonus would Kyra provide? I know it says Charisma + ranks in Diplo/5, but that yields only a total of +3, in spite of her redonculous Diplomacy modifier, because actually invested ranks are low. She gets so many myriad bonuses to that particular skill, its a notable portion of her build, surely at least some of that would apply?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Mar, 2017 - 1:13pm

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"I know this might seem somewhat sudden, but we are offering you the position of Grand Diplomat of Kamelarn. You seem to fit the bill quite well. The Grand Diplomat is best filled by someone that is charismatic or intelligent. They should also be skilled in the art of diplomacy. Originally Akiros was going to be offered the role, but in lieu of him not being granted atonement just yet, the position is still available. Hopefully, one day, we will be able to use his services properly in another role."

"While a Ruler is the chief diplomatic officer of the realm, they depend upon the Grand Diplomat to handle many of the duties. It is their duty to ensure that our foreign policy is carried out properly with other entities. They are at the head of all of the other diplomats, envoys, and ambassadors and are responsible to represent and protect the interests of our barony with regard to foreign powers. They are responsible for enacting any diplomatic edicts we agree to issue."

"In addition to the aforementioned duties, each person filling a leadership role is expected to do their best to ensure their actions represent our barony positively at all times."

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 7th Mar, 2017 - 6:43pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Mar, 2017 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 61

Game Master says...

Akiros and Hegin are happy to stand by and be kept in reserve, having seen Kyra's skill and confidence. They will find other jobs to do in the kingdom.

The minor officials all leave and Caelum speaks with Vors Carpenter. "A few scouts went out to find lumber and we decided to follow the Skunk River. Despite its stench that's usually where the healthiest trees are and the river can be used for transport. Follow the river for about 40 miles, up to the point where it turns northwards. Then head east for about 15 miles."

"They were searching for the edge of the forest, where it meets the swamp, to know how much lumber can be cleared without trouble. They said they came across an eerie, swampy pond and freshly turned earth. Then they uncovered the shallow grave to find a barely-decomposed unicorn body with no horn. They had the good sense to run away after that."

If Archival traces his finger across a map, he ends up near a marked spot (Black 11). That may jog your memories (Page 180 of the old topic).

Maerrun looks up from the scroll he'd been reading, "S-sure! I'll try to stymie the rumors and find more evidence to convict them. Though I think it'll take a collective effort." He takes an empty parchment and begins inking up a diagram.

Perhaps it is an adviser that mentions it, or perhaps your own thoughts, but you have quite a low population to recruit a proper army. Projections for the end of the month indicate 1500 people which can support an army at a stretch. Another issue is that while a town militia is considered defensive and an excellent use of Mykael's time, raising a proper army can be viewed as aggressive by your neighbours. The militia will cost nothing as it's self-supporting and with a proper castle, even an handful of ranged combatants can fend off a sizeable force.

Out of Character: I first thought that a resource only applied to the most relevant improvement, but the way it is written agrees with you, Diarmadhim. I assume a fishery on top of all that will also provide the bonus. They are quite rare so it's not too overpowered and if we were to go by my original thought there's only 1 location that would work for a farm.

In the Ultimate Campaign system, selling magic items only frees up the item slot. It was an overreaction to the previous rules. I think I'll houserule that randomly generated items can exceed settlement base value, but stay well away from selling for BP.

You actually had 1 unrest from the event due to the single failed stability roll. The other four changes to unrest cancelled out.

I have a post for the rules topic almost written up. I probably should have split it up into multiple posts because it's getting quite long, but I had many disparate thoughts. Actually I will post what I have especially on Archival's pressing issue.

So, apart from the castle, would you also like a residence of some kind? An additional improvement anywhere? Also awaiting Kyra's official confirmation before adding her to the sheet - while her Charisma + ranks/5 bonus is small, proper diplomacy checks will be rolled as part of her role. Also if the character believes she can, then she should.

8th Mar, 2017 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 61

Ignoble says...

"The population may struggle to form or support any type of real standing army at this point. I was thinking of perhaps hiring a small team of cavalry though and focusing on a strong militia for now, until we are able to form a proper army. We may not be able to handle any real invasion but the militia may be able to handle small raids from roaming goblins or other creatures and hold them off long enough to bring the cavalry team to bear. Light crossbows would probably be a good weapon to arm the militia with as you suggested, especially once the walls are finished. The morale of a militia man or woman will not hold long in melee combat. I agree that they would be far better off in ranged support."

> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.