Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 34 of 54

Lia listens to them thoughtfully. She carefully - Page 34 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Feb, 2018 - 12:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 54 pgs.  30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  ...Latest (54) »
Closed
Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
4th Feb, 2018 - 7:08am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 34

The Protector. says...

Tazskan, returns to his room then shuts the door.
After, removing his weapons and armor, relaxes in pants and tunic.
He, closes his eyes breathing deeply, and slowly.
He takes this opportunity to completly rest, allowing images, of both past and future, to enter his mind.

He sees an image of himself kneeling before, a platnium colored male dragonborn. He stands with authority, wearing shiny platemail. Holding a longsword, the platnium dragonborn, gently taps both of Tazskans shoulders.
"Rise, up Tazskan of Daardendrian," the platnium dragonborn says.
Then, the image fades.

Tazskan, sees an image of a large snake, but its head is humanoid. It appears ready to strike.
Then, the image fades.

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 4th Feb, 2018 - 7:13am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2018 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories
A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Lia gracefully takes a seat in one of the chairs. She studies Poljen thoughtfully and then ponders his question. Lia grins at Velon as he smirks at her.

Her brow furrows as she thinks on the question? After Velon answers she has a guess ready." I didn't take part in the taking of the castle. Now I'm curious about questionable tactics used. If that isn't what you wish to discuss Poljen j I would like to hear about it later Velon.." She glances at Velon.

"My guess it is either something about the trial by combat for Perry since we are the others involved. It could also be regarding Cratol since we form the leadership of the Blaze at this time. I have noticed since my return that he is much more withdrawn and unsociable than in the past. If it isn't one of these guesses then I have no idea why you asked us here." She looks at him curiously awaiting his answer.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 4th Feb, 2018 - 12:54pm

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2018 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Perry wakes in the morning and manages to roll himself out of bed. He isn’t a morning person and he has a really bad case of bedhead. His left wing is currently drooping about an inch lower than his right. He is currently wearing his purple night robes and purple slippers.

Still half-asleep, Perry manages to clumsily make his way out of his room and finds his way to the courtyard. He yawns and stretches out his wings and arms out in the field. Perry’s wings are actually quite large when fully outstretched, with a wingspan somewhere between 12 and 15 feet if one felt like measuring, so he really appreciates the size of the castle. He flaps them a couple of times, creating fairly loud whooshing noises, and rises a few feet off the ground in doing so.

After his morning stretch, Perry finds his way to the kitchen and dining area where he requests a coffee from the staff. “Just some black coffee, please,” Perry asks of the staff. He then goes and sits down at a nearby table and lays his head down on it as he waits for the coffee to arrive.

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2018 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 34 Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Poljen listens as thoughtfully as he can, his face hopeful. But hoping for what, that is the question. After both have spoken, he does not appear relieved, but neither does he appear frustrated. He nods and begins to speak.

"I am not as good with words as I might wish, so this might take a bit for me to explain. First, you are both on the right track as to your assumptions, a better word than guesses, yes? And I am glad one of you has mentioned Cratol's behavior, which also bothers me a bit. But it all boils down to the fact, and it pains me greatly to say this, but I fear I have begun to question your judgment. Please allow me to explain."

He rises from his chair and begins to pace. "I am not sure if your heads are simply addled by your newfound love, or if something less explainable is the cause. Or if I am simply overreacting. And a lot of what worries me stems from the challenge. Not just the way it played out. I have no problem losing a challenge. Especially when powerful magic will be involved. Lia, if we were ever to duel I would expect to lose, though I of course would fight as fiercely as I could. But your magic is much more impressive than my prowess at arms. Of course you were going to win! But instead you ended what was to be a test of Perry by removing me from the arena. We were supposed to learn what he could do. How he would stand up to the danger into which we steer constantly. He made some pretty lights, and used magic to block a single blow from me. Then he cried out for help, and you obliged. Part of me wonders how much was simply wanting to win, and how much was because you have never cared for me and my crude ways. Now you spoke more with him to prepare, as you should. And you have both implied he had many more tricks up his sleeve. But have you seen them? I have not. Mayhaps this bard lied! Did you consider that? Maybe the small magics we witnessed were the extent of his skill. The whole reason I wanted that fight was to evaluate him. And as I said, I am not impressed. But you two seem to have willingly accepted him. And this brings me to the real crux of the matter. Crux, yes? Sometimes I learn a new word and wish to show it off."

He pauses, and pours himself a drink of water before continuing. "Why? Why take all this bard says at face value? We just learned that Mari, who has fought at our side for weeks, months even, was working for the Zhentarim, against us directly at times. And we only know this because a dragon informed us! I still do not know if she would have told us had the dragon not forced the issue. And then a bard appears, in disguise as a beautiful woman no less, asking to join us on our adventures, to sing our praises. It is all too convenient for me. Maybe that is all it is, but I am very leery of such coincidence. You two, however, do not seem to be. And that is what bothers me. I will do whatever the Blaze needs, and I fully expect that I will lose my life, saving the Blaze or defeating this cult. It is my way to fight thusly. But I must trust that you two are making the right decisions." He pauses and sits down once more. "I am not smart. I am smart enough to play dumber than I am, but not smart enough to lead. I know this, and that is why I was thrilled when I was no longer the leader. You two are much better suited to it than I. And this is the first time I have seen fit to question you, either of you. So I am hoping you two can ease my fears." He sits back and awaits their comments.

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2018 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

"Poljen, I'm glad you know that you can speak openly with us. We three must maintain our bonds as it takes all three of us to lead. I have no argument with you concerns, they are most justified. I will answer your question, however, as to the 'why'."

"I have lost much sleep since being declared leader after Lia's departure. I worry about losing a member of the party, I worry about the security of the castle, and I worry about making a decision that costs the Blaze everything. I also worry about allowing new members into the group, yet we have lost Geoffroy, Fay, Jack, Oswald, and many others, some before I ever met you. At this rate we must accept new help. We were very lucky to meet Zarra, Taz, and Nikolaos when we did. Having new help might be the only reason we are still alive."

"I was stunned when I heard Mari's story. Irdeith's judgement on the matter is the main reason I am able to accept that she is still hear. We used the truth spell, but more so when we met as a group to talk on the matter I hoped someone in our midst would have an even better suggestions of how to test the true intentions of questionable folk. Unfortunately no one has suggested a better way. It was the same when we met Perry in the back room of that tavern. I sat there hoping some others would offer a full proof way to judge the man, but we have none, it seems."

"The duel was not as I hoped, I agree. Perry dodged a few of my bolts of fire, and blocked your blow. He took me out of the fight with his charm spells and when I returned you were gone. I could see that there was not going to be any true test of arms out there today. When I consider that no one else was forced to duel to be counted among us, I cannot say Perry did not live up to others in the party."

"Most of all, to answer your question of 'why', I offer you this. You take great risks in battle, mighty one, as our strongest warrior and we are lucky for it. Surely we would not all still be here without your instincts, without the chances you take. I, however, in being named leader, find myself measuring different risks than those you decide on in the moment. I take risks in every decision that I make, especially with trusting strangers, or ones who truly test our faith such as Mari. Those are the gambles and the potential blame I am forced to bear if we are to be successful in our mission. I am convinced we will need to add to our ranks, especially when we suffer losses. If we as a group allow the wrong person in eventually, the blame will rest with me and the consequences the Blaze will suffer will be my fault, and mine alone. These are the things I think about when I lay awake at night, my friend. I wish I had a better answer for you Poljen, but there seems to be no perfect solution" in balancing the help we need versus the risk it poses. It is the same with hiring folk to staff and guard this castle, as well, unfortunately."

Velon sighs at this past part, but otherwise is very sincere and takes no argumentative tone towards Poljen. If anything he seems exhausted by these concerns, not in a dismissive way, but such that they weigh on him heavily day and night.

4th Feb, 2018 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Protector. says...

Tazskan, awakens from his sleep refreshed. He takes, his two-handed sword, and heads out towards the barracks area.
He stops near the pell, or rather large wooden stump.

Tazskan, proceeds to strike with a variety of swings, and slashing movements. After, being sufficiently limbered up he finnishes.

He heads, on over to the kitchen, where he orders a white coffee, and some pancakes from the staff. He finds a seat near where Perry is seated. Patiently waiting for breakfast.

"Morning Perry, did you sleep well, the castle can get a cold draft, at times,"? He asks.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2018 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories - Page 34

“Oh good morning, Tazskan I believe, correct?” Perry asks. “I did sleep well thank you, I love my new room. It has a wonderful full-body mirror so I can practice my performing. I believe this is our first time speaking together. I’ve met a few dragonborn during my travels, never a bronze one though.” Perry looks like he is still having trouble waking up. As Perry’s coffee arrives, he thanks the kitchen staff and takes a sip. Perry grimaces as he tastes the coffee. Then, Perry mutters a quick spell in a strange, yet beautiful language and his eyes briefly change in color from gold to black as a dark aura shrouds the coffee mug. Perry takes another sip, “Ah, that’s better.”

“How are you this morning, Taz? Sorry, I’m not much of a morning person sadly. I’m looking forward to proving myself on the mission today but I can’t say I’m not a little nervous,” Perry admits. “Did you enjoy the fight last night?”.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 5th Feb, 2018 - 2:36am

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2018 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 34

Lia listens to them thoughtfully. She carefully considers her words before speaking." Thank you for bringing your concerns to us Poljen. I know that your top concern is the well being of our group. You are both right about the duel. It didn't prove a whole lot the way it ended. I shouldn't have banished you Poljen. It was done because I was trying to win which wasn't really the point of the exercise. I might not agree with all of your ways Poljen but you are a valued friend and that had nothing to do with my actions."

"I understand your concern regarding Perry. I'm more concerned with making sure that new recruits aren't spies. We did use the zone of truth. I'm pretty confident in it. As Velon said, some have said it can be beaten but no one has a better suggestion. It's all we have to go with for now."

"I can only echo what our wonderful leader said. We must replace losses with new recruits. That always involves risk. It is a risk we must take to keep our company going. I don't fully trust Perry or Mari. In my opinion all we can do is move forward and watch them. They need to earn our trust. I feel personally responsible for Mari. I'm sorry that I didn't find her out myself. I have learned my lesson and will now be a lot less trusting. Velon has asked me to take the lead in vetting potential recruits. I will be working to find better methods of detecting infiltrators. Does this make you feel a little better Poljen? "

She then eyes Velon." Don't let all the weight of responsibility fall on you. Poljen and I are here to share the burden with you." She studies him with concern.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 5th Feb, 2018 - 12:46am

> TOPIC: Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.