Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 39 of 54

After the Pooka is summoned into being, Lawrance - Page 39 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Apr, 2018 - 3:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 54 pgs.  35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43  ...Latest (54) »
Closed
Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 20th Feb, 2018 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories
A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 39

"Hey Lawrance. Gifted by a God? Amazing. Perhaps that is Oghma's way of intervening in the fight against Tiamat's return? We are potentially the strongest non-dragon force fighting this war, after all." He takes a second to think. "I suppose that is very similar to how Glorfindel and Bahamut himself had intervened in my life, although this seems to be perhaps even more direct and at our hour of need in your case. This world will never cease to amaze me. A year ago I knew almost nothing of the world of gods and magic, and yet here I stand with all of you!"

The Paladin takes another moment to let it soak in. "Thank you, Lawrance, you had seemed a bit off lately, but I have been as well. I have many things on my mind that I did not worry about when I was new to the group or when Lia was in charge. It makes me appreciate what a great job she did, although I suppose that was right up until the day we met you. I do hope everyone will listen to her as needed regardless of who has this title. Anyhow, know that I greatly appreciate your input, Oghma or not. I am far from the smartest one here, probably the opposite, really. My preference is to get everyone's knowledge, ideas, and opinions and, if there is no obvious decision to be made, make the tougher choices. Usually at that point, though, it is time for us all to move on, together. To be honest I think I'm just a big red and shiny tie breaker. You could replace me by flipping a shiny kilarche, (Laugh), or perhaps in my case a dull unarche! Ha! I'm prettier though, I still maintain, although many might disagree if offered the choice between me and a bit of platinum!"

The large man stuffs a chunk of dried meat in his mouth and begins to chew. "So, Lawrance, I have one concern. We can't really call you an insufferable know-it-all if you are our font of knowledge sent directly from Oghma! Well, I suppose we could, but the joke will get old and it might be a bit, distastful, ya know? Know that I will be looking for something else to give you a hard time about, eh?! HA!" Velon gives the wizard a slap on the back and offers him a bit of the meat from the bag of rations he's currently pawing through.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 20th Feb, 2018 - 2:23am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Feb, 2018 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Chewing on the offering, Lawrance talks a bit more "I don't actually KNOW it was Oghma, but the amount of little details and information I've access to is quite remarkable. Every little tidbit for historical references, items I've never even heard of in all my copious researches in the past, available, triggered and filling my mind with knowledge. I've not encountered anything that could have caused this kind of input, so I'm suspecting it is divine intervention of a kind. "
Pausing a bit, he continues "If it is divinely inspired, it would make the most sense. There may be a majority of the pantheon who be utterly opposed to the returning of Tiamat. This may be one God's attempt to shift the balance against that occurring. I shall see about keeping it useful without being overly verbose, but honestly I do love the expanded universe I'm being given access to. "
"If you find I am far too distracted in other ways, please correct me and keep us on track. Even if it requires a hard nudge in the ribs or two." He smiles returning to the quest.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 20th Feb, 2018 - 3:04am

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2018 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Cheek full of salted beef, Velon replies "Ah, I see." "Well Lawrance, it seems I've found the next thing, because the alternative is that you've gone stark mad." He lightly taps the back of his gauntleted hand against the wizard's chest and then waves a finger toward the rest of the party. "Let's go with Oghma if they ask though, shall we?" He takes a swig from his waterskin.

23rd Feb, 2018 - 3:11am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 39 Stories Side Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

Meanwhile, in the pool room Tazskan, notices that Perry, looks unusually forlorn. He approaches him, rests his hand on his shoulder.

"You did ok in there Perry, everyone's come out, still alive. Never, be ashamed of your Tiefling heritage."
"Human's, are not in the center of this world, and you have an important part to play," he adds.

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2018 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Perry gives Tazskan a big hug. Then, he backs away a little, looks up at him and, with a simple nod and a simple smile, says, “Thanks Taz, that means a lot. Now let’s catch up to the others and finish this mission!”.

Post Date: 10th Apr, 2018 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Perry slowly lifts his head from his pillow, “Ugh,” he groans, “What time is it?” He slowly rolls over and looks outside. It’s almost noon. He begrudgingly gets out of bed and realizes he fell asleep with his normal clothes on. “Gross,” he complains.

He pulls out his harmonica and plays a short tune. As he does, his soiled clothing starts straightening and becoming clean. His hair seems to fix itself and he now smells like lavender.

“Much better,” he says.

Then, he picks up his new, now clean, scimitar and inspects it. “Man, I always suck at using these things,” he states matter-of-factly as he attempts to swing it. He fumbles and almost cuts himself with it while attempting to spin it. “Alright Miss, I’m gonna need your help again,” he says, addressing seemingly no one. He places his mace next to the scimitar and closes his eyes. Dark energy swirls around the mace then jumps out from it and onto the scimitar.

Perry opens his eyes and grabs the scimitar once again. This time, he swings it expertly as if he were a trained fighter. He begins effortlessly spinning the scimitar backwards then forwards while moving his arm from side to side with expert-level skill. Finally, he tosses it into the air and catches it with his other hand. “This really feels like cheating, you know that?” he seems to ask himself. He sheathes the blade on his side.

“Today is shopping day!” he says excitedly. He goes to the mirror to inspect himself and make sure Prestidigitation did its job. “Perfect! I love magic,” he grins. He goes out to the breakfast area and sits down after grabbing coffee.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Apr, 2018 - 11:32am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories - Page 39

The Protector. says...

During some quiet time back on the castle, Tazskan approaches Lia, and Mari's room.

He, introduces himself and excuses his rather forthright need to talk to Mari, in private. He assure's them both, there isn't any problems.

Once alone, addresses Mari in private.
"Mari, how do you feel about the group going to the Zhentil keep. It was the last location scryed upon, concerning the mask," he says.

"Personally, I haven't had any dealings with the Zhentarim. All I know, is that their influence is widespread throughout the land," he continues.

"But, rest assured I consider you also a part of my extended family. In which I'm honored to protect and fight alongside," He adds.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2018 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 39

After the Pooka is summoned into being, Lawrance climbs into the saddle and rides off. On his ride he runs through all the books he may have encountered in the market prior, and finds himself at a loss for likely candidates. Hoping he finds something suitable, he suddenly gets an idea that makes him stiffen in the saddle, recalling the changes wrought by the sudden increase in information he has been accessing. Still riding pell-mell on his magicked horse, Lawrance does something he's not done before - he prays. "Oghma, master of knowledge, keeper of secrets, solver of mysteries, guide me! I know Candlekeep is one of your favoured libraries, a miracle of knowledge and powers undreamed by even the most eager scholar. Help me find something that pleases your guardians and will grant me the access to admire your works stored there!"
Not sure of an answer, he will at least keep praying on the short ride back into town.

> TOPIC: Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.