Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 433 of 449

"It's less than ideal," - Page 433 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Sep, 2018 - 6:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 449 pgs.  429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437  ...Latest (449) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2018 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 433

Bastion calls out, "Fall back and draw them to the entry. We don't need to let them engage us in force."

If the others move with him, he'll start a controlled retreat, moving back to the entry, where the Jackal could be put into play without letting all six trolls fight at once.

Out of Character: Two rounds of withdraw actions would see us back outside without suffering AOOs. Those not on the front row could take a run action to get out on the first turn and spend the second firing arrows at the pursuit. Rolling Attack actions for afterwards. Maneuver pattern: steely wind, mountain hammer, standard for refresh, steely wind.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 5th Sep, 2018 - 1:36am

Sponsored Links:
5th Sep, 2018 - 3:49am / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Resiliant says...

Rivoril, heads Bastions call to fall back to the entry.
He moves back, to behind the door entry.

Out of Character: I posted two combat rounds earlier, so can use those rolls. Will roll to tactfully retreat back to behind doorway.

Rivoril Results:
  • Dex on D20 (+3): 5 (1 roll)
  • Move silently on D20 (+9): 13 (1 roll)

5th Sep, 2018 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Resiliant says...

Rivoril, will roll on his initiative here to determine if he can fall back in time.

Rivoril Results:
  • Initiative on D20 (+3): 7 (1 roll)

6th Sep, 2018 - 11:20am / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Page 433 Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

As we fall back, Avan shouts, "Something weird about that back wall. It's unnatural. It may be a camouflaging screen or even an illusion! But we have to get past these trolls first! We MUST use fire! If you have oil, throw it at them."

Upon exiting the hole, Avan drops his torch just inside the entrance and tries to position himself behind Bastion, while the jackal is ready and willing to fight at the front, taking a position to the left of the hole. Avan casts Flaming Sphere and tries to bowl down the hole into the first troll (Reflex DC 17 negates).

The round after, he casts Entangling Staff and vines sprout from the end his quarterstaff. He mentally rolls the flaming sphere back up to the cave entrance, hopefully ramming a troll again (If one isn't already upon us by this round).

He follows up with a heavy smack from his staff and if he succeeds in grappling with the vines, constricting the troll to inflict more pain, while baking it over the flaming sphere. He holds it in the vines grasp to prevent it from getting its full slew of attacks. The jackal attacks the trolls with all the power he can muster.

Out of Character: Entangling Staff lets Avan grapple a larger opponent and constrict immediately on a success. He will maintain the grapple and constrict, as well as hit the opponent with the but end of his staff in subsequent rounds. The opposed grapple rolls are for the troll's round if they try to break free or do something else.

I started my attacks or round 2, because I think I'll have less time than the others (Casting 2 spells) but not sure if the trolls will emerge immediately, or after a round. Hopefully it syncs up with Bastion's rolls.

The jackal is power attacking with a -4 to attack and +4 to damage. Flanking not included in case Rivoril wants to be brave and move to the right side of the hole (Doesn't have to be immediately).

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 6th Sep, 2018 - 11:35am

Avan Ohek Results:
  • R0,1 Flam Sphere (2d6) on D6 (+0): 2, 5, 5, 6 (4 rolls)
  • R2-4 Avan Qstaff on D20 (+7): 12, 15, 26 (3 rolls)
  • Qstaff Dmg (2d6+4) on D6 (+0): 3, 4, 3, 4, 2, 4 (6 rolls)
  • R2-4 Grapple on D20 (+14): 17, 34, 28 (3 rolls)
  • R2-4 Constrict (2d6) on D6 (+0): 1, 5, 1, 5, 4, 1 (6 rolls)
  • R2-4 Flam Sphere (2d6) on D6 (+0): 5, 6, 4, 3, 5, 2 (6 rolls)
  • R1-4 Jackal Bite on D20 (+8): 15, 11, 25, 28 (4 rolls)
  • Bite Dmg on D6 (+5): 11, 9, 7, 11 (4 rolls)
  • R1-4 Trip on D20 (+9): 26, 13, 24, 15 (4 rolls)

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2018 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Bastion bangs a fist on the wall in frustration, "Damn, they're not quite as stupid as I'd hoped. Okay then, what are our options here?"

"I'd still rather not engage them in that room, the things are nasty up close, we don't want to be facing more of them at once than we must. If they won't follow us outside, that leaves engaging them in the tunnel."

"It looks like only one of them can fit in the passage at once, so we can work at it like that if they'll cooperate that much. Avan and I can engage them one at a time, with the others working from behind us. Lets take a bit of time and get torches and other sources of fire ready. Six bodies to burn means we need to ration it a bit I think."

Turning to the cleric he asks, "Can you wield a spear reasonably well? If so, take this, you can stand behind me and strike over my head." He hands over the Rod of Lordly might and shows her how to work it.

"If anyone has any concerns or suggestions, now is the time to air them."

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2018 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Cleric will tell you that yes she can use a spear and can help you from behind you plus help others stay upright.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Sep, 2018 - 8:10am / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader - Page 433

The Resiliant says...

Rivoril also trys to draw out the enemy into the passage.
Sneaking back to entrance, spoting nearest troll and firing off a flaming arrow.
Dipping arrows in oilly rags.

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 7th Sep, 2018 - 8:11am

Rivoril Results:
  • Move silent on D20 (+9): 10 (1 roll + tweaked)
  • Spot on D20 (+5): 6 (1 roll)
  • Comp bow hit on D20 (+6): 8, 20 (2 rolls)
  • Comp bow damage on D6 (+0): 3, 1 (2 rolls)
  • Flame arrow on D4 (+0): 2, 2 (2 rolls)

8th Sep, 2018 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 433

Dark Druid says...

"It's less than ideal," Avan replies, "But we have to. We can retreat behind my jackal if needed. More fire would have been useful, but I think we used up the village's entire supply of oil."

"My best spell to use would be Flaming Sphere and if I lose other spells I can summon a bunch of small fire elementals. I fear that I will have to use most of my power and we will have to rest before we can save those unfortunate women. Or my following strategy will involve transforming into an animal."

Avan stands beside Bastion as we turn the corner and head towards the room, stopping before it.

Out of Character: I know I wrote that I lit a torch a few posts back, but I actually didn't have any in my inventory. I hope it's not unreasonable to assume I had one. If not, can somebody else mark off a torch as used?

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.