Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 574 of 590

Out of Character: I'm sorry Anron, - Page 574 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Mar, 2018 - 4:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 590 pgs.  570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
21st Feb, 2018 - 7:26am / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 574

The Resiliant says...

Bastion-

Thank's again for the 10,000 gold piece loan.
I'm thinking of remaining a rogue character, at his time. So here's what he looks like, with the level up, and misc. Equipment boost from the loan:

Rivoril: Level 2 Rogue, with 200 exp remainder.

4,200 - Mithral breastplate.
100 - Composite longbow.
1,400 - Anklet of transportation.
Thief's tools - already own,(Haven't used them yet)
2000 - Cloak of resistance.
2000 - Handy haversack.
50 - Disguise kit.
5 - Scholar's outfit.
5 - Monk's outfit.
3 - Entertainers outfit.
2 - Dagger.
165 - Masterwork buckler.

Leaves 70 gold pieces, to purchase misc. Items for quests. Plus 12 gold pieces, 9 silver and 93 copper on person.

Gain extra 11 points for skills, used as follows:
Escape artist: +5 (3+2)
Gather information:+6 (2+4)
Disguise:+5 (0+5)

Rational: Because of Rivoril's poor appearance, (Low Charisma), I deemed it necessary to boost these skills.

In addition, Rivoril gains +1 attack bonus, +3 Ref save, and Evasion skill that can be even used against magical attacks. Dagger gives +2 to slight of hand so (7+2) = 9.
Masterwork buckler: As mentioned above used in conjunction with the bow. Adds +1 to AC.

What modifier does both the Thieves tools and the disguise kit give to the die rolls, on top of existing modifiers??

Anything else you can think of let me know?

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 21st Feb, 2018 - 7:33am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2018 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: A disguise kit adds +2 to disguise checks, but it is used up after 10 applications.

Basic Thief's Tools add nothing, but if you don't have them at all, you take a -2 penalty on the relevant skills for having to improvise.

Masterwork Thief's Tools on the other hand add +2 to open lock and disable device checks, they cost 50 gp.

I should note that Rivoril has a strength mod of +3, unusually high for a rogue, meaning that a composite longbow with a strength rating of 3 would benefit him the most. That would cost 300 gp however. The benefit of these things is, unlike normal bows, you can add up to the bow's strength rating in damage to your attacks.

22nd Feb, 2018 - 12:13am / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Resiliant says...

Due to Rivoril's budget restraints, he can take off the masterwork buckler, and instead buy a +2, composite bow.

Then purchase the masterwork thief's tools for 50 gp, leaving 5gp remainder.
Rivoril, will have to use the disguise kit wisely, so as not to use it up to quickly.

Hopefully, these changes will make him more versatile, in both the city, dungeon, and urban environment.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2018 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 574 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: Sounds like a plan. I suggest that everyone spend time in the capital hunting for rumors and leads with a Gather information check. The more who do that, the greater the chance we'll find a good job to do next.

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2018 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: Okay guys, its been over a week, lets try to get this show on the road again. Anron, it looks like you still haven't updated your character to level 2, you also haven't listed your new equipment on your sheet. Susan, same thing. It would be a good idea to get that done. Edit: Ooh, a minor undead infestation sounds interesting. We'll probably want to stock up on some cleric type magics since we lack one.

In Character: Bastion seeks Avan out after obtaining his items. "Have you found a way to commune with Mr Fluffles yet? Or have you chosen to let him go? If you would have me, I am prepared to assist you however I can in bringing him back, or in finding a new companion."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Feb, 2018 - 5:55pm

1st Mar, 2018 - 1:30am / Post ID: #
Arilynia
Ranger
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀

Lady of the Plains says...

I have updated my equipment, just need to figure if I pay someone to make the scrolls or wait until I'm L4 so I can cast them myself, at least some of them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Mar, 2018 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #
Rivoril
Rogue 2nd Beguiler 1st
Character
Novice / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 574

The Resiliant says...

I have updated my equipment, and the all important combat stats box now. I have a rapier, and dagger as my main melee weapon's now. Ditched the short sword, and short bow also. Have the composite long bow for the ranged weapon.

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2018 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 574

Out of Character: I'm sorry Anron, but I've made a mistake in suggesting that longbow. Rogues are not proficient in the things.

A composite shortbow however would work just fine, if with a little less damage.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Mar, 2018 - 4:17pm

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.