Evils of British Colonization - Colonial Rule - Page 2 of 3

UK Acknowledges Torturing Kenyans: Offers - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Jun, 2013 - 4:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
The British have shaped a large part of the World
Evils of British Colonization - Colonial Rule Related Information to Evils of British Colonization - Colonial Rule
21st May, 2006 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Evils of British Colonization - Colonial Rule - Page 2

I do not know if I can exactly class the USA in the same light for the following reasons:

1. The USA was first inhabited by pilgrims who were actually running from British rule for the sake of religious freedom

2. The USA unlike many other colonized countries fought back and lost many lives to fight off the British, they even got help from other countries like the French.

3. No Native American Indian will agree that the British invasion was a good thing in any light.

I believe my focus was on countries that had to get their independence 'naturally' through the willingness of the Queen to give it up. The effects of british culture forced on a population is still having an effect on the minds of people today.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2006 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Evils of British Colonization - Colonial Rule
A Friend

Rule Colonial Colonization British Evils

Let me see. What a loaded question. Where can I start?

As LDS said, stealing the Islas Malvinas, being a part of the creation of apartheid, destroying native cultures, introducing the evil of tobacco, cruel and unusual punishment in Australia, stealing lands from the Maoris, Shona, Ndebele, the Native Americans, Argentininas, Afrikaaners(who themselves stole land from the Xhosa and Zulu), stealing land from the French, robbing and impressing sailors, getting in wars with everyone, supporting opium in China, and the list goes on and on....

Offtopic but,
Britian did have the Beatles, Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd, but that's a different topic altogether

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2008 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Evils of British Colonization - Colonial Rule History & Civil Business Politics

If you all think for one minute that England is out of the game then you are seriously mistaken.

Our federal reserve is tied to the english banks. The inflation of our dollar is a form of taxation that the English and other Elites love so much. The IRS is tied to the central banks for taxation. I am sure it is the same with many other currencies around the world. They have figured out that if they control the money system then they control the world. All they do is print money and pass laws about it being legal tender when in fact it is only an IOU note stating that you will pay it back (credit). The central banks worked there way back in our system in 1913 when Woodrow wilson unwittingly signed our economy over to the English banking system.

Andrew jackson said that this form of banking was the primary cause of the American Revolution. And I am sure it will be the primary cause of the second revolt.

Bankers lobby congressman and manipulate things in such a way that we pay for our own enslavement. I could go on and on.

Look up the Rockefellers, Rothshilds, and Federal reserve. If I can understand it then everyone should be able to. I never understood Economics well, but I understand this scam very well.

There are other angles to how the English Elite are still on top. I think they share their power with other Elites, but they are still very much in the game and still want to dominate the world.

We are no better than indentured servants. Slaves to the masters once again. And most people are not even aware of it.

3rd Sep, 2008 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Rule Colonial Colonization British Evils

The Topic was branching out into what seemed to be US / Mexican / Native American Colonization which this Thread is NOT about. I have moved Dbackers and Quasars comments to its own Thread HERE. British Colonization should not be loosely compared with colonizing in general, because with the British colonization it took on more than just setting up people on foreign land. The British were the very inventors of terror in this regard and went about it differently than lets say the equally brutal Spaniards.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

3rd Sep, 2008 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Rule Colonial Colonization British Evils

I believed the British were acting in the spirit of the Romans. All the world is full of barbarians and the British can make them civil enough to fatten royal bellies. You have to admit though, were it not for the British, Spain would have conquered everything including the French.

Reconcile Edited: Debate on 3rd Sep, 2008 - 10:53pm

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2010 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Name: Azimuth

Comments: "Destroyed" is perhaps too strong a word, but patently, colonialism is all about plunder and yes, power, and "jobs for the boys". Indigenous peoples, whose "fault" was that they were less organised and had not devised weapons of mass destruction, like the Gatling, were left to recover what had been taken away from them by the British, including their dignity and self-esteem, when the British were eventually thrown out.
Did Britian "dominate" the world? The world is a big place. It encompasses China, Russia, South America and countless lands the British never even considered. The British, and the pound sterling, dominated, if not 'the world", then those countries that fell under the British imperial yoke. The word "owned" is somewhat sweeping: the British did not "own" the USA, or India, or the islands of the Carribean, some of which are not even anglophone. Whereas the British thrust into North America was more a colonial expansion, the British insinuated their way into India under the guise of trade and after the 1857 Indian Mutiny attempted unsuccessfully to throw the British out, control of India was assumed by the British crown and held for another century.
British rule was an insufferable yoke for Indians and British behaviour on the ground was arrogant and insufferable. In India, as in Africa, e.g. In Kenya during the Mau Mau uprising, "What was taught to the natives" was how to suppress - brutally and ruthlessly. This is the British legacy as it is manifest in Africa, SriLanka, Burma and Malaysia today. It was by illegally introducing the highly addictive and socially corrosive drug opium to the Chinese people that the British were able to establish and enrich themselves in the Orient; when the Chinese officially resisted the British opium trade, British warships quelled Chinese resistance and Hong Kong was ceded to Britain as a peace offering. When gold and diamonds were discovered in South Africa, the Boer people, rustic farmers of Dutch descent, were crushed and humilated by the full might of British imperial military power.
The Empire was a truly shameful manifestation of the English mentality. The English have got a cast-iron nerve to be bossing around developing countries to this day, countries which their grandfathers plundered, bullied and abandoned. The English should desist from pronouncing their moral judgement over the countries they bullied, subjugated and robbed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Feb, 2011 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

Evils British Colonization Colonial Rule - Page 2

The UN Secretary General has recently referred to current countries still under the policies of colonization as being outdated and that they need to be decolonized. There are some 14 countries still under the colonial regime. That was a big blow to the UK, let's see how they react.

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2013 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Evils British Colonization Colonial Rule Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

UK Acknowledges Torturing Kenyans: Offers compensation:

Britain has agreed to compensate Kenyans tortured during the Mau Mau uprising against colonial rule in the 1950s, Foreign Secretary William Hague has said. Ref. Source 2

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Evils of British Colonization - Colonial Rule

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,