Harry Potter

Harry Potter - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 10th Jan, 2004 - 10:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (11) »
Harry Potter Here Is One Review: I have a nephew that just loves Harry Potter. He thinks Harry Potter is the greatest thing next to ice cream sundaes. He has all of his movies that are out in the stores and all the merchandise with the Harry Potter logo on it, toys, bed sheets, books, pens, etc. I have bought much of the Harry Potter stuff for him. Including his first Harry Potter book. I have tried to read the books and even rented one of the movies to see if Harry Potter was all that and a pack of chips. But I just couldn't rate him to well. Maybe Harry Potter and I were never ment to be.
Harry Potter Related Information to Harry Potter
19th Jun, 2003 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter

Harry Potter

spock.gif What is the big deal with Harry Potter? Does 'he' really have magic? There are people who are literally obsessed with these books.

international QUOTE
ABRACADABRA! 7,680 HARRY POTTER BOOKS STOLEN
Thousands of copies of the new Harry Potter book were stolen from outside a warehouse just days before the latest installment in the popular series was to go on sale around the world, police said Tuesday.
Ref. Deseretnews.com

How would you rate the Harry Potter stories?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2003 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Harry Potter
A Friend

Potter Harry

I have a nephew that just loves Harry Potter.  He thinks Harry Potter is the greatest thing next to ice cream sundaes.  lol  He has all of his movies that are out in the stores and all the merchandise with the Harry Potter logo on it, toys, bed sheets, books, pens, etc.  I have bought much of the Harry Potter stuff for him.  Including his first Harry Potter book.  

I have tried to read the books and even rented one of the movies to see if Harry Potter was all that and a pack of chips.  lol  But I just couldn't get into the movie or the books.  So, I guess I couldn't rate him to well.  Maybe Harry Potter and I were never ment to be.  lol

19th Jun, 2003 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

Harry Potter UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Harry Potter is the greatest thing next to ice cream sundaes.

I think I will take the ice cream instead wink.gif

I am yet still to see the movie, but what is funny about all of this is Harry Potter has been around a long time, and just because of a few camera tricks the story is suddenly popular. It makes you wonder what else is out there that is 'old' and can suddenly become a 'new' big hit.

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2003 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter
A Friend

Potter Harry

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 19-Jun 03, 9:28 PM)
I am yet still to see the movie, but what is funny about all of this is Harry Potter has been around a long time, and just because of a few camera tricks the story is suddenly popular. It makes you wonder what else is out there that is 'old' and can suddenly become a 'new' big hit.

Rowling first thought of Harry while riding a train back in 1990. "Harry just strolled into my head fully formed." She worked on the book for several years, finding quiet moments while her daughter napped. Several publishers turned down the finished manuscript before one took interest.

In 1998, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was published in the United States, kicking off Harry-mania. Suddenly, kids were reading again, and their parents wanted to read the same books! The second and third books were published in the spring and fall of 1999. from https://www.scholastic.com/harrypotter/author/index.htm

Even if it was published in England between 1990 amd 1998 ~ that really isn't a long time.

I have seen the movies, and I think they are great. I am the first to admit that I am a child at heart. I recommend these books for all children.

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2004 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

Harry Potter
A Friend

Potter Harry

I think that the Harry Potter books are wonderful, but the movies killed them a bit. When they made the movies, they had to leave out a lot of the stuff that only a book can have in it, such as Harry's thoughts, as well as others' in the books. Personally, I like the movies better than the books, but i still do not think the books are the greatest. Now the "Lord of the Rings", I happen to love those books, along with all of J.R.R. Tolkien's other works. To me, they seem to have more 'meat' to them. There is a ton of backround to them, and Tolkien even created an entire language! biggrin.gif Harry Potter is more like a 'desert' to me, something that isn't hard to read, and doesn't take much time or thought. They are good books, but not quite my favorites.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2004 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter
A Friend

Harry Potter

I would have to agree with you on that one Danthin, Rowling didn't put near as much effort or meat into her books as J.R.R put in his. He has maps, history, a killer story and several languages to go along as well. The only series i've ever read that has come close to being as good as Tolkiens Lord of the Rings would be Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. He created a language, there are several Old Tongue dictionaries you can find on the net. Its a wonderful, fairly clean 10 book series and its still going. I highly, HIGHLY suggest it over Harry Potter. I almost like them more than Lord of the Rings. It just has way more Meat than you would think a book would have. Its like a meat processing plant....

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Jan, 2004 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter
A Friend

Harry Potter

I'll have to read the serries then. Meat is good wink.gif What is the first book in the serries? I wish Rowling had put a little more into it, but I don't expect her to have come up with a language or anything. I don't know if it's just me, but i thought her books were a little predictable. I guess i just have something about books, i wish the author had done the other ending, had let evil win... no authors do that, but i guess its because no one would like the books very much... heh heh heh... wink.gif

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2004 - 10:26am / Post ID: #

Harry Potter
A Friend

Harry Potter Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

since i do not read LOTR i can't say if it is better than the HP series... but I'm 21 and i totally love HP. for me it was the question of what is up with this Harry Potter so my fiance' just happened to have one of his books and i started reading it; and i fell in love with it. it's imaginative, funny, creative, and so much much more. it's awesome and i even did a college essay on J. K. Rawlings (a femaleJ). Many people thought she was a dude. anywho that's just my 2 cents if i don't stop i'll put in like a dollars worth and bore everyone.

La Reina Bella Diablo
*The Beautiful Devil Queen*

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Harry Potter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,