Scriptwizard Introduction

Scriptwizard Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 8th Aug, 2010 - 4:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2010 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hi,

I'm here for the AD&D RPG. I've only done play by post a few times, but it seems to work well. I grew up with the blue box D&D set, moved into AD&D, and just kept going. Back then, I was a hard core gamer and would play anything (except Monopoly!). Real life got in the way some time after AD&D 2nd edition came out. I've played 2e, but nothing since then.

It was not until Google Wave came out that I discovered play by post. I'd like to get into a group playing any form of dnd (as long as they know I'm very rusty on the mechanics of 2e and have never seen any of the later ones). I've got a chaotic schedule, so play by post seems to work best (ie, I cannot really commit to a scheduled, real-time session). One post a week or slower is best, but I could probably keep up with one post a day.

Thanks for listening

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2010 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

Middle Ages Facts

Introduction Scriptwizard

Welcome D&D Role-Player

For Dungeons & Dragons Play by Post then go to D&D Rules and read the steps.

Make sure to READ the following so you are not censored: Constructive Posting Policy

If you get lost: See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ | RPG Listing page.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2010 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Scriptwizard Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi scriptwizard! Nice having you join us. Don't worry about how much you know or don't know about playing the role-playing games here because there is plenty of help and players at all levels. If you have any questions please do ask.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2010 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Cool, thanks.
I'm trying to roll up a character right now. Usually I play wizards, but I might try something different. Are mosts of the adventures solo or in groups? Is there a race or class that there are too many of and I should avoid, simply to balance out the gene pool?

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2010 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

Those are good questions. There are both types; group and solo play. I recommend joining in a group. Here is one group: Source 7 and another is Source 6

I also recommend creating a character you feel the most comfortable role-playing especially since this is your first time, the others won't mind and if they do you can always complain to me. wink.gif Hope that helps.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2010 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Diamond Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,938
Flag Posts: 7,000
Avg: 1.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 32.4%
[+] Gain: 5,075.94 FP
Charm: 26

Dude we're going to be facing hill giants so come with something strong if you can. Create him now because I'm about the leave the town so maybe you can like hith a ride before we pass you. If you can like a bow that will be cool because our GM gives two shots per roun from a bow.

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 18th Jan, 2009 - 9:07pm
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2010 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sure, I was working on one last night. However, I was under the impression that all characters started at level 1. So I can bring someone, but he's not going to be very strong (at least not against the giants).

Which campaign are you in and how fast does it move?

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2010 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Diamond Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,938
Flag Posts: 7,000
Avg: 1.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 32.4%
[+] Gain: 5,075.94 FP
Charm: 26

Scriptwizard Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

I'm in Kntoran's campaign Source 9 so after you get your character approved you can join us there. Oh and you post your character at Source 8 for his campaign. Thats why I'm saying bring a bow dude because you get two shots off no matter your level.

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 18th Jan, 2009 - 9:07pm
Signature:
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Scriptwizard Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,