Why Do Temple Married Couples Still End In Divorce - Page 2 of 4

Name: WilfordW Country: Comments:Is it just - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st Apr, 2014 - 9:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Mormon Temple Divorce - Controversial Mormon Issue
Why Do Temple Married Couples Still End In Divorce Related Information to Why Do Temple Married Couples Still End In Divorce
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2003 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Why Do Temple Married Couples Still End In Divorce
A Friend

Why Do Temple Married Couples Still End In Divorce - Page 2

ummmm,

So  the the first presidency  can able to  broke  that vows  but at my parents  church  it  says  in their vows  it says until death do  us  apart  and I  wonder so first Presidency is  one  of the  Gods  is  that what  you mean  that he  can  break marriage  if they had enough  of married  to each other.
I know the church  should  think  twice about it. Coz it's also  sealed  that they  can  able to learn from each other  for better  and  for  worse......rich and poor....they say I do and  they never do it it's  cofused me how the  first presidency  accept  such thing  to  unsealed.   So it  is said in the Bible that  it is bad for any man too unsealed someone  already sealed that same as someone married to be divorced if you need proof check Exodus coz man cannot do that only God......
As a young women I am soon to be married but I am confused with the church doctrine aboutu married....

Sponsored Links:
19th Nov, 2003 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Divorce In Still Couples Married Temple Why

Here is some points that might help you.

1. The sealing power that binds you for eternity also has the power to unbind or loose that sealing.

2. The First Presidency can annul a sealing for several reasons;
a. Extreme abuse
b. Repeated adultery
c. Predator

3. As far as I know it is not easy to get the First Presidency to brake a sealing just because a spouse cannot get along.

4. Whatever is lacking in your life as far as ordinances that require another person will be made possible in the next life so long as you did all you could to make it happen in this one.

All the above should be verified, this is according to my experience.

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2003 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Do Temple Married Couples Still End In Divorce Studies Doctrine Mormon

thanks  JB,

But I cannot believe that church member  do those sin man.....wow isn't it a beautiful earth destroed by man-kind....

whatever  trevor,
just  wondering

19th Nov, 2003 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Divorce In Still Couples Married Temple Why

There are those who would look at God himself and sin (see Cain). Hopefully there aren't too many of them in this world.

whatever  trevor,

I did not understand that, is it just a slang?

Rather off topic, but...
You have your religion set to (no specific organization)? I thought you were LDS?

1st Dec, 2003 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Divorce In Still Couples Married Temple Why

I understand also that if your children are born under the covenant, and then your sealing is broken or dissolved (however it's said), your children are no longer sealed to you. Which is why I have not had my first sealing broken (yet). My son's father (my first husband) is no longer active in the church and has remarried. As tena said, I don't really want to be living eternally with him; but our own individual behavior will probably keep us apart. smile.gif

IMO
Roz

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2009 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

Temple Divorce

Name: Clair

Comments: Is a temple divorce an actual ordinance to separate the couple and null the marriage?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Dec, 2009 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Why Temple Married Couples Still In Divorce - Page 2

Well first of all it is not called a temple divorce but a temple cancellation and it is usually given if you're ready to be sealed to someone else you know what am I saying? If you are not, it is rare that it is given. You meet with the bishop and you have to write a letter to the first presidency stating the reason for your civil divorce, temple cancellation, etc. Then the bishop takes the letter and sign some paper work, contacts your ex and then the stake president meets with you before sending the papers to SLC. As far as I know, it is all paper work rather than an ordinance. I know because unfortunately here in UT temple cancellations are very common.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2014 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Why Temple Married Couples Still In Divorce Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

Name: WilfordW

Comments:Is it just me seeing a trend here or are there more temple divorces these days?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Why Do Temple Married Couples Still End In Divorce

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,