Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine - Page 7 of 12

I do not understand the point of your Post, - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Sep, 2008 - 7:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 12 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (12) »
Jesus was a husband Ancient historians, apocryphal writings, and archaeological finds all confirm the evidence found in the scriptures and understood in light of early Jewish traditions: One of the earliest references to Jesus by a non-Christian was that of Aurelius Cornelius Celsus, a Philosopher and Physician, who lived until AD 38, who recorded that, "The grand reason why the gentiles and philosophers of his school persecuted Jesus Christ was because he had so many wives; there were Elizabeth and Mary and a host of others that followed him."
Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine Related Information to Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine
26th Feb, 2007 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine - Page 7

Interesting opinions, although the scriptural basis you are using does not have much weight in the matter and leaves a lot up to interpretation.

Rather off topic, but...
As for McConkie - his writings, seem rather opinionated given the errors in one of his most popular books, BUT that is had in the Mature LDS Board

Also you said,

QUOTE (OneWhoServes)
Did Jesus need to be married to accomplish the atonement? No.

That is largely debatable as the same could have been said about baptism, or the endowment, etc.

Rather off topic, but...
I must admit that it is good to have a fresh opposing view as it gives a lot for thought and research. Keep it up.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Feb, 2007 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine
A Friend

Doctrine Mormon Married Jesus

True enough JB, it is a matter of speculation until the Lord reveals the matter, whether in this life or the next.

1st Nov, 2007 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine Studies Doctrine Mormon

The church made an official release giving a 'no stance' view on it yet early doctrine of the church seems to say that Jesus was married. Celestial marriage requires one to be married and Jesus would of had to be married also in order to continue to fulfill all things unless we are saying that he did not necessarily have to be married while on earth. At the same time was it common for a thirty something year old to be walking around teaching the gospel and at the same time be single? Does not seem to add up just like you would not expect your stake president to be single either.

28th Aug, 2008 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Doctrine Mormon Married Jesus

As I was sharing some stories about Jesus Christ to my special needs 8 years old son, he asked me out of the blue "Mommy, was Jesus married?". The question took me by surprise which I replied "I am not sure, maybe. The scriptures does not mention a wife" to which he said "Ok, but I think he was married, he loves families".

Kids have a way to see things in such simple terms. Pondering about it more, is relationship with women in the scriptures, I don't have a doubt he was married.

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2008 - 6:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Doctrine Mormon Married Jesus

I think Jesus was married because it is necessary requirement to gain the top glory. But I think that this fact is really unecessary to discuss this because it is not important for our salvation

13th Sep, 2008 - 7:06am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Lephisto)
fact is really unecessary to discuss this because it is not important for our salvation

And... who are you to decide what is and is not important for our salvation and what should or should not be Discussed here? In fact why Discuss at all if it is not important for salvation... why, I should go now and change or close every topic that is not important for my salvation and live in a bubble not inquiring into the scriptures and mysteries of God. After all if Jesus was married that would not be important for me because knowing that would not enforce the importance of marriage - no sir, it is better for everyone to think that he was not married that way the belief in being celibate to be more holy will apply.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2008 - 7:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine - Page 7

You have a good point, We can dwel on the mysteries of God. But we should not make it a "Gospel Hobbie".

President Joseph F. Smith said: "Hobbies give to those who encourage them a false aspect of the gospel of the Redeemer; they distort and place out of harmony its principles and teachings. The point of view is unnatural. Every principle and practice revealed from God is essential to man's salvation, and to place any one of them unduly in front, hiding and dimming all others, is unwise and dangerous; it jeopardizes our salvation, for it darkens our minds and beclouds our understandings" (Gospel Doctrine, 116-17).

I guess We can talk about what we want.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Learn to use the Quote tags. Also, it is not necessary to quote the entire post of the user above you. See Constructive Posting Policy.

13th Sep, 2008 - 7:24am / Post ID: #

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

I do not understand the point of your Post, this Thread is to Discuss whether Jesus was married or not... if you feel it is irrelevant or a hobbie that should not be moved on then WHY are you hear Posting completely off topic to it. I think you need to read THIS carefully.

> TOPIC: Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,