Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine - Page 2 of 12

There is actually another thread about that - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Dec, 2003 - 1:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (12) »
Jesus was a husband Ancient historians, apocryphal writings, and archaeological finds all confirm the evidence found in the scriptures and understood in light of early Jewish traditions: One of the earliest references to Jesus by a non-Christian was that of Aurelius Cornelius Celsus, a Philosopher and Physician, who lived until AD 38, who recorded that, "The grand reason why the gentiles and philosophers of his school persecuted Jesus Christ was because he had so many wives; there were Elizabeth and Mary and a host of others that followed him."
Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine Related Information to Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine
9th Nov, 2003 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine - Page 2

there isn't any specific revelation about it.

I would say not revealed to the general membership, but I am almost sure that Joseph and the early Brethren may have received some knowledge of this as part of their introduction into the importance of Celestial Marriage. I can see within my mind's eye the Lord saying something like... "This do, even as I have done before in the flesh..." for an example and in my opinion.

Sponsored Links:
9th Nov, 2003 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

Doctrine Mormon Married Jesus

Hmmm I don't know guys. I think the Church handles this topic like any other Church in the sense of not even suggest that Christ was married, some they may think is because they don't want make him look 'too man/too human' but like Nighhawlk said there is not specific revelation for the Church about this topic but I'm sure Joseph Smith asked this question and got an answer.
Nighthawlk read D & C 113, there you will find some evidence about Joseph Smith being a descendant of Jesus Christ.

3rd Dec, 2003 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine Studies Doctrine Mormon

Well if the Church begins to emphasize this doctrine then they would seem to fall more out of main stream Christianity - and they do not want this of course.

I think it is a good think to talk about though since many do not see the relevance of marriage or even celestial marriage because in this world remaining celibate makes you somehow more 'worthy'?

3rd Dec, 2003 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Doctrine Mormon Married Jesus

I absolutely believe the Savior was married.

I used to have a small booklet that was written to "prove" that the Savior was married. I don't remember who wrote it or any thing, but I will look to see if I can find it.

One of the reasons given why he must have been married was that this is a law from Heavenly Father. We need celestial marriage in order to be exalted. We are to follow his example, so if we are to be married, shouldn't he also have been?

Another reason had to do with the title Rabbi. I need to look it up if I can find the book, but my memory is that there was some evidence to suggest this wasn't just a title of honor given the Savior, but that he was, in fact, a Rabbi. In that case, he would have been married because it was expected of Rabbi's to be married. I see that Nighthawk mentions this. It may be that the booklet of which I am thinking is the same one he quotes. I am not sure.

I will try to look for this book tonight. I keep meaning to and forgetting. sad.gif

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2003 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine
A Friend

Doctrine Mormon Married Jesus

I also believe that Jesus was married. Like Tenehaff said, if we are to follow in his footsteps he would of had to be married. She most likely was never mentioned because she is so sacred like God's wife is to him. She is too sacred for us to know about because they don't want us to take her name in vain. thats what i think.

4th Dec, 2003 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Tenaheff, check the first two posts which covers the part about him being a Rabbi.

Leirsgrios, your third sentence makes no sense at all.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Dec, 2003 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine - Page 2

Hmm, let me try and explain it more clearly. I was taught that Heavenly Mothers name was too sacred to know. God doesn't want us to know his wifes name because we would use it in vain. Maybe the same thing could go along with Jesus's wife if he had one.

4th Dec, 2003 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

There is actually another thread about that called, 'Heavenly Mother' which gives referrence to the sacredness of the name of our Heavenly Mother and other reasons, but for me the lack of a mention of Jesus' marriage might be due to one of two things:
1. Lack of scripture
2. Latter religious groups held celibacy as sacred and did not want to show Christ as married. Thus hiding scriptures that revealed such.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (12) »

> TOPIC: Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,