Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine - Page 11 of 12

Its not mentioned in any of the standard works. - Page 11 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Jun, 2014 - 1:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 12 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 
Jesus was a husband Ancient historians, apocryphal writings, and archaeological finds all confirm the evidence found in the scriptures and understood in light of early Jewish traditions: One of the earliest references to Jesus by a non-Christian was that of Aurelius Cornelius Celsus, a Philosopher and Physician, who lived until AD 38, who recorded that, "The grand reason why the gentiles and philosophers of his school persecuted Jesus Christ was because he had so many wives; there were Elizabeth and Mary and a host of others that followed him."
Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine Related Information to Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine
Post Date: 5th Nov, 2012 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine
A Friend

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine - Page 11

Mormon Girl,

Why no mention in Scriptures, about Christ being Married, ok, got it. I am not sure I have an answer, that is different then you may already be aware of.

First off, it may of been taken out, or just never put in for a number of reason. Scriptures were written to enlighten to someone or some persons, the Word of God. And such details were left out, they were not of importance.

The Church has said, that Heavenly Mothers are not mentioned in Scripture, so more is not given for unbelievers to speak unkind things about.

With Christ, it might of been a safety issue, his family might of been then, hunted down and killed, if possible.

I have read that it does in essence mention it indirectly. Under Jewish Law, for Christ to be a Rabbi, he needed at least one wife. In Scripture, it mentions a train or people, women behind him, women would of only been there, if they were his wives. Some of the ways that several women talked and related to him, would of been immoral and against Jewish Law, unless they were married. This comes up every time the Gospel Doctrine class covers the New Testament, and these verses are discussed in class.

I did a quick search and found this, not well documented, but he mentions the basic indirect references I am aware of and then some. I don't know how to make this a link, so you will have to copy and paste this to a new window and go to it, if you want to look at it.

Source 7

In the end it comes down to a testimony from the Holy Ghost.

Sponsored Links:
26th May, 2014 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

Doctrine Mormon Married Jesus

This is entirely my view because the sacred scriptures don't make mention of it. I think he was indeed married and probably had kids as well.

29th May, 2014 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine Studies Doctrine Mormon

Well, the scriptures don't speak of one way or the other but assuming the fact he was the typical Jew at that time and the fact they called him Rabi (A title only for married folks) I would say yes, I believe he was married.

30th May, 2014 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Doctrine Mormon Married Jesus

I also hold the view that he as married. The central part of the whole Gospel is Eternal Marriage! I can't see Christ being the one signal person in Heaven?

There is some speculation that the marriage feast where Jesus turned the water into wine was actually Jesus's Marriage. I can see part of this view, but not enough to completely support it.

Post Date: 31st May, 2014 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Doctrine Mormon Married Jesus

Name: Wilfor

Comments: I've always wondered why the church does not hold the position that he was married. We emphasize families and marriage so why wouldn't Christ not have shown us this example as well.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2014 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think the reason the church doesn't say that Jesus was married is because there is no mention of it in any of the standard works nor has there been any revelation about the matter. It certainly would not be contrary to our doctrines if he indeed was married but, for whatever reason it has been decided that we don't need to know the details, I think its interesting that if all you knew about our modern prophets was from their conference talks it would be hard to know if they were married or not. We know that all of the modern prophets had at least one wife but in a thousand years when records had been lost and changed would it be know at all?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jun, 2014 - 4:19am / Post ID: #

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine - Page 11

Are you saying that the church only goes by what is in the New Testament? Come on this is a church of modern revelation, surely this must have come up somewhere somehow through asking.

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2014 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 11

Its not mentioned in any of the standard works. In fact, the only place I know its mentioned is in the film the god makers and alot of stuff was wrong in that movie.

+  « First of 12 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 

> TOPIC: Jesus Married Mormon Doctrine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,