Mormon Beliefs About Dinosaurs - Page 3 of 8

Living Dinosaurs is kind of like the ufo issue. - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 14th Jun, 2004 - 8:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »
Mormon Beliefs View Dinosaurs
Mormon Beliefs About Dinosaurs Related Information to Mormon Beliefs About Dinosaurs
20th Apr, 2004 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs About Dinosaurs - Page 3

I've never felt comfortable with the idea that God took chunks of other worlds to create this, and even if that was so the idea that dinosaur bones remained intact seems almost to the point of ridiculous.

God said that He saves all the works of His hands, this to me means that those planets and that life whic has heretofore existed has gone on to its glory (been saved).

I also see no reason why other worlds are necessary. Can God not do all in one world that is meet for His purposes for those who are dwellers of that world?

There is no evidence of which I am aware that lends weight to the idea that this earth is any older than a few thousand years. I'd recommend James Perloff's latest book, 'Tornado in a Junkyard' for anyone wishing to look at the latest evidence, and the foundationless claims of evolutionists. If you read this book and look at reasoned research I believe the conclusion must be clear.

We don't know everything, indeed we know little; but the little we know is so often ignored or twisted by those who want us to believe something regardless of compelling evidence and self-evident truth.

Dubhdara.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2004 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs About Dinosaurs
A Friend

Dinosaurs Beliefs Mormon

This is just one of those questions that I'm looking forward to finding the answer to after this life. I just have faith that there is a reason for everything, but we don't have to know what the reason is.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2004 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Beliefs About Dinosaurs Studies Doctrine Mormon

This is a subject that needs a little evolutionary zoology, a little physiscs (cosmology), a little theology, and a little common sense.

The absolute truth is no one really knows. All this is pure spectulation. Having said that I happen to dabble in zoologgy, physics and theology. You'll have to judge about common sense.

There is little questions that what we call dinosaurs did (or do) exist. The fossiles are here. You can find them in almost every part of the world. Animal and plant.

On a side note it is interesting to note that some of the most primative (read oldest) fossiles of bacteria are found in the exact same state of evolution today.

The question becomes did they exist while man existed on the earth. The answer by the academic community is no, but there are some idications that contradict this such as human footprints in the same rock as dinasour foot prints - I don't have the reference for this off hand.

This brings the question of was there anything on the earth before man (such as was man placed on the earth or was he evolved into man, and then used for God's purposes (I personally don't subscribe to this view). It really becomes a veiled evolutiuonary question. Of which the Church does not give a more difinitive statement on than what Joseph F. Smith said. In short he said that we are the children of God and He hasn't given us the details of how we were created, and we should not try to give a dogmatic answer where God has seen fit to keep silent.

To this are added all the opinions and theories of man. Dating systems are approximate at best. The further you go back in time the greater the margin of error. Also different dating systems yield different ages for the earth (magnetic field dating yields a time frame of 14,000 to 16,000 years). Carbon 14 dating is only analytically accurate to 4000 yrs, and assumes that C14 is in equalibrium in the atmosphere (which of course it is not). So there is a lot of room for different opinions. The current scientifically accepted theory only represents concensus of opinions and interpretations of the scientific community and not unanimous agreement.

From the present understanding (from the scientific community) of how planet are created, they are condensations of interstellar "dust". There are numerous such observations of forming planets, and little disagreement. Granted they are only observed for relatively few years, so there not 100% sure. This implies that the fossile are not likely to be left-overs from previous creations. Also, I understand that all living animals are ressurected - no bones to leave for another planet.

Supposing a creationist stance (my personal view) where do or how do dinasours fit into the history of the earth?

It makes sense to me that they would be antideluvian creatures. Not preserved during the flood. There is a lot that can be said about this, but that may be better left to another time as this is getting a might long. My interpretation of the geological history of Canada where an inland sea is said to have been milllions of years ago, could just as easily be an evidence of a world wide flood.

Scott.

21st Apr, 2004 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Dinosaurs Beliefs Mormon

Scojam, a lot of what you said makes sense to me. However, I don't understand the following:

It makes sense to me that they would be antideluvian creatures.

What does antideluvian mean?

22nd Apr, 2004 - 12:41pm / Post ID: #

Dinosaurs Beliefs Mormon

Antediluvian means before the deluge (i.e. Flood).

Scojam,

I think I'll rate your common sense view as high wink.gif

Well done.

Just one issue...

As much as I'd like to believe that the footprints side
by side of dinosaur and man are genuine, there is a lot
fo deabte on it and most creationists (I believe) are
skeptical. Do a search on Google for human footprints dinosaur
and you can access some very finely researched material.

I'd strongly recommend James Perloff's book, "Tornado in
a Junkyard" (or the cheaper booklet version: "The Case Against Darwin").

Message Edited!
MrSmith: Link deleted. Stop using the forum for site promotion and ads

Dubhdara.

22nd Apr, 2004 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Although all these view points are interesting, without doctrinal backing or at the very least some sort of doctrinal insight they are little more than personal theories. If you wish to follow through on this topic from a scientific stand point then please take it to the relevant board (Paranormal, Unusual & Science), also, I do suggest that you view the 'Read Me' thread within this board to understand how posts here should be governed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2004 - 10:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Beliefs Dinosaurs - Page 3

More evidence that living dinosaurs exist:

Living Pterosaurs

Once again these creatures are sighted on one of the islands of Papua New Guinea.

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2004 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Beliefs Dinosaurs Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

Living Dinosaurs is kind of like the ufo issue. Someone sighting something on a remote island or someplace secluded. Never in an area where dozens of people can verify.

Dinosaurs were used during the creation of the world for the purpose of providing certain natural resources. I'm not a scientist so I can't speak intelligently but, if anyone wants to research further, a good book with an LDS perspective is Earth in the Beginning, a book I have recommended in other threads.

Worlds like our Earth come into existence through a birth process. Since worlds are living beings, they are born, not created from nothing. Our Earth has parents, grandparents etc.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Mormon Beliefs About Dinosaurs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,