Have You Received Your Flu Shot This Year? - Page 3 of 4

The number of people dying from flu related - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 29th Dec, 2017 - 6:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 21st Oct, 2004 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Have You Received Your Flu Shot This Year? - Page 3

Another flu shortage and the country is in a panic. How did it get to this stage? Who should really get a shot and what does high risk mean anyway?

It is estimated that some 36,000 people a year die of the flu in the United States, a public health crisis to be sure. So when the British manufacturer Chiron announced that they would not be able to supply more than half of the promised amount of flu vaccine to the U.S., panic set in. Lines reminiscent of bread lines in the Soviet Union started forming around clinics and supermarkets around the country. Medical experts advised that only those at high risk get the vaccine, but in a lot of places that advice didn't seem to be taken. What exactly is "high risk" anyway? High risk pertains to those who are at risk of dying if they contract the flu, not people at high risk of actually catching the flu. High risk includes the extremely young and extremely old, and people with a medical history that might make them vulnerable. President Bush declared he wouldn't get a shot, he's a pretty healthy guy. Vice President Cheney, who has suffered four heart attacks, did get a shot
Ref. Madhulika Sikka and the Nightline Staff - Washington, D.C.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Oct, 2004 - 8:33am / Post ID: #

Year Shot Flu Received Have

I find it disturbing the mentality that most Americans have that if there is a shortage of 'something' that all of a sudden, they have to have it. If there were an abundance of flu shots, I guarantee you that not as many people would even be interested in it. Of course the issue of SARS in the past few years has contributed a lot to the panic that most Americans have with flu and flu-like conditions.

22nd Oct, 2004 - 10:51am / Post ID: #

Have You Received Your Flu Shot This Year? Health & Special Psychology

Similar to what Malexander is saying I am always surprised by the worry over cure rather than prevention. A healthy life style can make you almost flu proof. Garlic, vitamins and regular exercise works wonders.

Rather off topic, but...
On the other hand it makes me wonder how prepared the US Government is for outbreaks. If they do not have enough flu shots (A simple thing) then what about the more serious kinds of infections and WMDs that are out there?

23rd Oct, 2004 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Year Shot Flu Received Have

And of course, there are numerous people who are blaming President Bush for the shortage. How they can get to that conclusion is beyond me. But it's an election year, and they have to blame someone, I guess.

Offtopic but,
The US fed.gov is NOT prepared for any type of serious outbreak. It's just impossible, with the huge population huge area of land. how could they possibly contain it? Sounds like another topic...

25th Mar, 2007 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

Year Shot Flu Received Have

The Government got blamed for the shortage here this year too.
Apparently the 'strain' of flu that was cultured for the flu vaccination was the wrong one this year, so they had to start another 'strain' off, which led to the flu shots not being ready in time, plus a major shortage of them.
Due to this, I didn't get my flu shot, but I did end up with the nastiest of virus's for about 4 weeks, that knocked me off my feet and wouldn't go away. I've heard people saying the same that have had their sots though, so I've got to say that I'm not too convinced that it makes any difference having the vaccinations...but I will have them, because I would feel compelled to follow my Doctor's order of having the jabs to at least try to protect myself from the flu virus.

Post Date: 25th Mar, 2007 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

Have You Received Your Flu Shot This Year?
A Friend

Have You Received Your Flu Shot This Year?

This is a very interesting article and should answer most questions… see website link below

international QUOTE
SHOULD YOU GET THE FLU SHOT?
Get the REAL Flu Facts before you decide.

"Look, first of all you have 2/3rds of the population on aspartame which interacts with all vaccines.  Secondly, the CDC has admitted this is not the same strain as the flu that is here. Of course it couldn't be, its made from last year's flu vaccine.  So even if someone wasn't using aspartame, all it can do is give you the flu.  On an Ohio radio show Nov. 25,2003, a doctor stated 'If you have taken the flu shot more than 8 times in the last 10 years you have an 80% chance of getting Alzheimers'.  Since aspartame is escalating Alzheimers anyway, and memory loss is so prevalent with aspartame its like #9 on the FDA list of 92 symptoms, people won't have a chance.
                                          Ingri Cassel, President Vaccination Liberation Source 2s

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2012 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Have Received Flu Shot Year - Page 3

Despite mild flu season don't skip shots

So far this year, there have been far fewer flu reports, including the fever, coughing, aches and pains that usually make winter so miserable. But that doesn't mean people should be complacent about getting their flu shots, experts say.

Source: msnbc.com: Health

29th Dec, 2017 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Have Received Flu Shot Year Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

The number of people dying from flu related death is increasing. Having a flu shot may soon become a necessity. We are in the thick of winter don't mess around with your health.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Have You Received Your Flu Shot This Year?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,