Is There Life After Death ? - Page 4 of 8

Yiab, I am not sure I understand your questions? - Page 4 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 29th Oct, 2006 - 1:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
How do you know if you will live again? Discuss your point of view and why you came to that conclusion.
Is There Life After Death ? Related Information to Is There Life After Death ?
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2005 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

Is There Life After Death ?
A Friend

Is There Life After Death ? - Page 4

The fear of death by humanity as a whole helped create an after life to be sure. As much as hell was a human creation to force morality, heaven was a place created to give you peace about passing on. But having belief in an after life is more than just getting past a fear of death, its a belief that this cannot be all there is to life. The existence of humans is fairly meaningless and extremely short lived if there is nothing afterward. The existence of an afterlife usually ties hand to hand with the belief of the existence of an eternal soul. Without the existence of a soul, the need for any morality is diminished and the need to follow any sort of order that doesn't involve looking out for self is nill.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2005 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Death Life Is

If there was no life after death , there would be absolutely no purpose in our existence. With his resurrection Christ gives a view of what is to happen and this will not only be for Xtians. xyz

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2005 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is There Life After Death ? Beliefs Religious General

Human life is like a train ride, people board and alight the train. It clearly depicts our lives, some have left us a tender age but some lived till a ripe old age. Either way each of us would have to alight when we arrived at our stop. When we disembark where would we head to??? Would it be this way or that?

Dear members when death arrives where would you go?

When we tell children that they were from China, they would reply that I am born in Singapore why do you say that I am from China. Many are very anxious of their roots and decided to spend money, time and effort to find our back our ancestor lineage and explain it to children. If no actions are taken down a few generations, they would really fail realize about their origin.

Where did man come from? There must be source of our existence, it was a pity that our first human ancestors sin against God and left His presences. Over few thousands; mankind has lost realization for its origin. Man decided to come up with theories to track back our origin, man found that through evolution we were from apes. We would never acknowledge that we were once from a lower species, when we go to the zoo we would never confess that apes are one of us. Theories have failed to answer many aspect of man. Mankind has really lost its origin but our loving God does not wish His creation sinks deeper.

When a shepherd lost a sheep, he will surely seek it till he found it. A mother lost her child, she would seek him out. She would never remark to let it be. Although families and friends have given up she would not give up. This is the same as what Christ wants to tell us. He took the form of flesh, born in a manager of Bethlehem. Finally crucified on the cross and broke the vile between us and God. We now are reconciled with God.

Many people are not able to accept that there is judgment after death; they chose to harden and walk away. Evil doers flee even none pursue; our conscience itself is a witness of judgment given by God. The other choice that people take is to good deed to cover up wrong doings. Can a murderer say that he donate millions to save the poor and be acquitted? Yes, his millions would save many lives but he has taken the life another person, he has to pay for what he did? On earthly court this method can't be accepted what more in heaven?

Many have tried different ways to be saved but the question is, is this method recognized by God? God opened a way for us to be saved why not accept it?

Dear members when the train stops where would you be heading to?

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2005 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Death Life Is

I believe in a life after death for most of the same spiritual reasons listed in this thread; I believe in a loving Heavenly Father who created the world, with everything in it including us, with a great purpose and plan in mind. I believe that God sent Jesus Christ to be my Savior, to redeem me from my sins and mistakes to help fulfil that plan. I feel that God and Christ are eternal beings and that they live and serve with joy. If that is the truth of their existence, it leads me to believe that they would want the same for me after I die, to have joy and continue to live eternally. I feel that I know that I will live again because of the spiritual feelings I have had and even have right now while I am typing this. I believe that God confirms, witnesses, and testifies the truth or error of things to my heart, mind, and soul through the power of the Holy Ghost, who is a personage of spirit and also offers comfort.

I believe that this life is a time for me to learn, grow, and partake of all kinds of experiences. I understand how painful life can be and there seems to be so much evil and too many injustices in this world for life to be fair. But I believe that God is perfectly aware of what is going on and for reasons that my limited view and perspective cannot understand, He is allowing me to work through life as it is. My life has been one of searching and learning through experience, which has hurt and stretched me in ways that I didn't know that I could be at times, as well as one of enjoyment, happiness, and laughter. Sure, I think life should contain fun and light heartedness, but at times. I believe that there is a time and a season for all things.

After careful study of the Bible, I no longer believe (in an after life)

I wanted to address this, because I can understand those thoughts and feelings. I used to have them myself. I could never tell someone what to believe, but if offered the chance I can try to offer my reasons for believing that the Bible is true. I don't know that I would believe in an afterlife through study of the Bible either if I didn't have a spiritual witness that it contained the truth. The Bible, as well as other sources, have witnessed to me that there is an afterlife and what the purpose of that afterlife is. I am not saying that anyone who doesn't have the same witness that I have had is wrong or that there is something wrong with them for not having one. I am only saying why I believe in the Bible.

Hell was probably created by man to use as a scare tactic to keep people in line.  Lets face it, if there where no laws, no boundaries, the world would be in a sorry state.  I just cant bring myself to except that a loving God would allow Trillions of His creations to just die, or die and go to hell.

I can relate to your words and, again, I have felt this way before. Maybe in some people's minds hell is a scare tactic for them to stay in line, but for me, 'hell' is not a figment of my imagination. First, let me say that I don't necessarily believe in 'hell' per se, but I do believe that there is a dark, horrible place for those who have committed the worst of sins and are more than unrepentant to go to. I believe that this place is reserved for only a handful of people that will qualify as deserving to dwell among Satan and his dominions. I think that God would do everything in His power to avoid having to send someone there, and that He would weep to have to do so, but he cannot remove consequences from the choices someone has made in their lifetime. He must let justice prevail. That is why we are so blessed to have Christ's atonement, for those who believe in it and apply it in their lives. Yes, the world is in a sorry state and it does seem hard to understand why God allows some of the things that he does. I believe that there is even a purpose in that, one of them being that if we didn't have opposition in things, then it would be impossible to distinguish between good and evil, happy and sad, health and sickness, and so on. Even though some may think that we don't need the extremes that we have in life to learn this, I believe that God knows what He is doing, and that in the end all things will be made 'right', 'fair', equal, and proper.

Reconcile Edited: dawnofthenew on 4th Feb, 2005 - 11:04pm

16th Aug, 2005 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

Death Life Is

I believe in reincarnation. In my opinion, after we die, we go to God to answer for our actions in that life. We take with us only our good and bad deeds. These deeds are then compounded with those of past lives and eventually we are reborn again to continue doing good so as to wipe away the bad that we have done. However, at the same time, we are still doing bad deeds in life(these can range from getting angry to saying bad words to committing crimes). The cycle of birth and death continues and only ends when we have atoned for all our bad deeds. At which point, we die, never to reborn again and we fully merge with Him forever.
As for the level at which we are reborn, man or animal, insect etc...it depends on how much good or bad deeds. For example, I consider the natural death of a child at birth something to be celebrated. Perhaps that soul had neared completion of his atonement of its sins and had to be reborn just one last time simply to die and escape the cycle. So there is a life after death until we choose to end the cycle.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2006 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

QUOTE (funbikerchick @ 12-Dec 03, 3:57 PM)
I can't believe I can live and breath and feel and exist one day and just cease to exist the next.  It makes no sense.

I agree with this, that is how I know there must be some form of life after death, maybe not life as we know it now, but some form of us, our Soul, our essence, as my friend put it earlier today, will continue to exist after our corporeal bodies have died and decomposed.

Also I feel that there must be a soul essence etc. because of faith basically and because I can stop and think now, and wonder what I will be thinking a few seconds from now. And I can feel that I will be thinking something, so this must still hold true on our death beds.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2006 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is Life Death - Page 4

Logic - yes, logic... if not what is all this for?

Logic doesn't say there has to be a purpose, belief, faith and desire tell you that. What logic has to say on this topic, as with so many other topics, is nothing at all.

I have to ask, however, what purpose does an afterlife give the whole of one's existence?
If one's "purpose" in life is to reach the afterlife, why is that a more valid purpose than "live a good life while you have it"?

Personally, I believe that death is final. Partially this is because I have yet to hear anyone give a satisfying definition of personal identity which allows for the existence of a nonphysical soul. I would love to hear suggestions for such a concept, if anyone feels they can put their understanding into words (which is no simple matter when discussing topics such as identity).

The rest of my belief in this life alone comes from the fact that I fear eternity. I am deeply comforted in the knowledge that, someday, I will cease to think, feel and exist. I do not wish to die right now and I cannot say for certain that the human lifespan is as long as I could want it, but I have a definite dislike of the idea of continuing forever, no matter in what form.

Mind you, I do not think that a belief in an afterlife is unreasonable or irrational, I simply don't understand how it could happen or why you'd want it.

29th Oct, 2006 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Is Life Death General Religious Beliefs - Page 4

Yiab, I am not sure I understand your questions? You have read through the four pages here, right? Those who have responded in favor of life after death have given their reason already. You say you do not believe in an afterlife, well I will ask you this... what is the reason for this earth, the people on it and living, doing, moving and so forth each and every day? Is it just so we can be happy? Then why do we need to be happy? Why should we involve ourselves with anyone, be happy and then have it all end at death? If you say there is no purpose then it defies logic itself. Everything has a purpose. To limit one's understanding based on the material world and not understand that there are other planes of existence is indeed a gross error.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Is There Life After Death ?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,