Is There Life After Death ? - Page 7 of 8

Rather off topic, but... Yes, but did morals - Page 7 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 17th Mar, 2017 - 10:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 
How do you know if you will live again? Discuss your point of view and why you came to that conclusion.
Is There Life After Death ? Related Information to Is There Life After Death ?
16th Mar, 2017 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

Is There Life After Death ? - Page 7

That's the purpose of religion, to give order. If people knew there was nothing to 'work towards' for the next life they would change a lot of what they do like listening to holy men!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Is There Life After Death ?
A Friend

Death Life Is

Religion is very important for maintaining order. Fear of eternal torment is effective. Taking away a belief in any kind of afterlife can be dangerous. If everyone dies and there is no reward or punishment for how this life is lived why be virtuous? Many would do anything they wish if nothing really mattered. That's my opinion anyways.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is There Life After Death ? Beliefs Religious General

Kyrroeth,

Do you think people only do good or act ethically because of the fear of damnation? I guess that could be but that's an indictment of humanity, and possibly deservedly so. I think there are people who act virtuously and would do so even if there wasn't a threat of eternal damnation. Of course, sometimes I hear about all evil out there and I think humanity is a scourge and maybe we need to be wiped out and just hit the reset button.

As far as life after death, my views are complicated. I believe in God but I think all holy books are flawed because they are written by humans. I think our energy is transferred from one to another. I think we have lived many lives and will live others in the future. I know this goes against the Bible, but like I said, it's complicated. I also believe there will be a time when we are judged, but I don't think it's after one lifetime.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 7 Death Life Is

Maybe the hell is the time we are on earth. I know some people who embrace the change to go to hell. Life after death is usually a personal thing. If you believe in it then you may get it. If you do not then you do not. Who can tell. I have seen too much and experienced too much to not believe in it.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Death Life Is

In some cases Ninja. This might be going off on a bit of a tangent with this. A problem I have with atheism and morality is subjective morality. If your morality derives from a supreme being it is objective. Otherwise it is subjective. What is moral? It all becomes your own opinion. The morals that atheists use in the US for example come from Judeao- Christianity. They were brought up being taught do unto others as you wish done to you etc. That didn't come from a vacuum. Totally remove religion and it's all opinion.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Okay, I see where you are coming from. Yes, Judeo-Christian morals are the basis we all use and that comes from our religious base. Of course, there are some who argue that morals evolved first over time and then humanity built a religion around it. That is one of the stances many atheists take and they say the morals Christians have are their morals as well.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2017 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is Life Death - Page 7

Morals have been around as long as religion has been around. Early primitive man had the shamans and other wise men/women in their midst that taught them how one should act in their clan or be clan less. I think a lot of religions got started this way. They evolved over time just as human have. Does it make morals any older than religion? I am not sure. There had to be a start once humans started getting together. This is a debate that can go on a long time.

I think even back then even if they did not understand some of the things we understand now that some of them may even have believed in life after death thus all the spirit beliefs we find from back then.

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2017 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is Life Death General Religious Beliefs - Page 7

Rather off topic, but...
Yes, but did morals perhaps lead to religion? Was there truly mysticism in our earliest ancestors? I think perhaps but I think our morals came about as we became more social and evolved over time. I believe those morals then shaped our religions.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 17th Mar, 2017 - 10:14pm

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Is There Life After Death ?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,