Member Wars Requests & Support - Page 20 of 26

QUOTE I just feel that a Dungeons & Dragons - Page 20 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Jun, 2013 - 9:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 26 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...Latest (26) »
Closed
RPG Support Need help understanding the RPG Etiquette? Want to see something new? Got a question about the features here or a complaint? Put it here and we will see if something can be done for the Member Wars Board in general. For individual role-playing games please use your Dungeon Master
26th Jun, 2013 - 11:01am / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support - Page 20

The Dice Master says...

Canabusis:

JB first off, I hope that this is the appropriate place to ask you this question.

Once it is about Member Wars, yes, it is the correct place. Other Role-playing Games and Boards have their own Support Threads.

Is there a place that you can post general discussions. Examples; Out of character questions, RPG comparison...

There isn't one Thread fits all for Member Wars role-playing games. Each GM has their own Player / Support Thread and each GM also has their own Review Thread which is what I think you are after. In the the top left of a GM's Thread is a bar that says "Related Links" Or "Related Information", this usually contains the links and Review Threads for that RPG. Using your example with KittenPunk (See attached):

Kittenpunk's Dungeons & Dragons Character Approval - Description of that Thread says:
Create your character for "A World Beneath A World" ONLY and post it here for approval from the Dungeon Master Kittenpunk. This is also a Support Thread for the game so ask questions here.

Now if you wanted to Review KittenPunk's Role-playing Game then you go here:
A World Beneath A World Role-playing Game Review. I should mention here that if you wanted to 'talk' with a Member about something not related to games or a Topic (For instance just to see how they are doing) then you will use their Introduction Thread only.

Do we have or can we have a thread for all member wars members and or Joe Public to just discuss things that could be in a gray area so to speak?

If you mean in general about how Play by Post operations are done then check here: Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works

Keep in mind that no two Game Master's think alike nor do they run their games in the same way, hence there are specific Threads for each of their games to avoid chaos.

Also more of a side note I tried to give a donation using paypal but it says that I need to have an e-mail address to direct my donation to?

You were using the second drop down selection? If so, I just checked and there was an error there on our part. I have corrected it now and so you will be able to Donate. If not, please let me know. Thank you for bringing it up as others may have tried to Donate and got the same problem.

Member Wars Requests & Support
Member Wars Requests & Support (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
27th Jun, 2013 - 7:02am / Post ID: #

Support and Requests Wars Member

I knew that there were different threads for different things but thank you its not what I meant. Anyway about the donation thank you for checking into that, I will let you know if it works. I appreciate your help.

27th Jun, 2013 - 10:13am / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Dice Master says...

Canabusis:

I knew that there were different threads for different things but thank you its not what I meant.

What did you mean that I did not cover? Do you have an example of what you mean?

* Each Role-playing Game has its own Support Thread
* Each system has its own Review Thread
* General Play By Post Discussion has a linked Thread
* Within each system there are individual Threads via [+] Board, Card, & RPG Reviews

27th Jun, 2013 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 20 Support and Requests Wars Member

Maybe Canabusis is asking for a thread where she could just post openly without being restricted to a specific game but then again you already answered that with the "How It Works" Link. *shrugs*.

27th Jun, 2013 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Support and Requests Wars Member

It's not that easy to try to explain what I mean. Take for instance asking others to give you personal feedback on your character and or characters, what you could do better how spell casting or spell preparation works. I would like to get as many opinions as possible, without having to ask the same question in four or five different threads. Not to mention I don't have all spell casting characters in the different threads and it would be out of order to ask a Dungeon Master or a player of a Role-playing Game about a character that does not play within that thread. As to comparison of the different Role-playing Game games within the member wars board, I mean to be able to ask multiple opinions about the differences between each one. So that in that respect two different Dungeon Master's could state their view on how example; the 3.5 vrs pathfinder works. I just feel that the more answers / replies you have to a question or inquiry the better an answer will be if you have many different points of view. You gain a greater understanding with answers of multiple points of view. I understand how it works within the posting threads (Finally! wink.gif ) But this is the request & support thread. Simply making a request. I just feel that a Dungeons & Dragons general discussion thread would be helpful and intriguing. Thank you I apologize for being unable to explain the vastness of my examples for my request. I believe that It would be like a thread on what's your favorite book instead though its a general discussion on Dungeons & Dragons / member wars Role-playing Game threads and characters. I'm sorry does that start to make any sense?

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 27th Jun, 2013 - 6:38pm

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2013 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I believe I understand what your saying you want a open forum where people can express their opinions on how some of the role playing games work about movement, magic, weapons and so on. I think this is in the Board, Card and Role-playing Game reviews. You can discuss the functions and questions about any role playing game there and all can answer who are experienced or not in the role playing scene.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Jun, 2013 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support - Page 20

The Dice Master says...

You will find that we like to have everything in order and most things are already being Discussed.

Canabusis:

Take for instance asking others to give you personal feedback on your character and or characters

Then you use the GM's Thread for that. Only those participating in the same game as your Character will be able to give sensible feedback so I don't see how a general open Thread will cater for that.

I would like to get as many opinions as possible, without having to ask the same question in four or five different threads.

One Thread will bring many conflicting responses because everyone uses systems differently. For instance Oinodaemon uses a variant version of Dungeons & Dragons, Bruconero likes to manipulate Dungeons & Dragons Core Rules, etc. You will end up getting feedback on their version of Dungeons & Dragons and their game and there are already Threads for that.

If you are looking for open feedback on a game system such as Dungeons & Dragons then you can seek existing Threads in the [+] Board, Card, & RPG Reviews. For example, I already gave you this:

Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works or D&D Dungeon Master Strategies and Details

The Description states:

This Thread serves as a GENERAL explanation of how Play By Post works. Each Dungeon Master may have different rules to their specific game.

Therefore, Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post items can be brought up there in general.

Or simply this one: Favorite Community Rpg

You can use that to give the points you like about each. Also do keep in mind that many here have their own agenda so even though you may be looking for input from Dungeon Masters it does not mean they will give their input. Most tend to stay within their circle of interest and do not venture out of it.

A last example, let's say you wanted to know which gender you should choose to play your Character: Same Sex As Your Character or applying the Track [general] Dungeons & Dragons feat.

One thing I know for sure, you will not find the Thread you are looking for in the Member Wars Board, because this Board is meant only for in game playing and not for reviews or comparisons. Lastly, you can attempt to start a Thread in the Role-playing Game Review Board about what you are after and if there isn't something like that already then you can use it or a Moderator will merge it with something that already exists.

27th Jun, 2013 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

Member Wars Requests & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 20

international QUOTE
I just feel that a Dungeons & Dragons general discussion thread would be helpful and intriguing.

I don't get it. JB gave you the answer to that already. I don't see how that's difficult to explain or understand. You want to review Dungeons & Dragons in general then you look for Dungeons & Dragons review threads in the Role-playing Game review board. I've posted in some there before so I know they exist, did you even search first?

> TOPIC: Member Wars Requests & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.