Make Drugs Legal?

Make Drugs Legal - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 20th Apr, 2004 - 10:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (18) »
Discuss  Make Drugs Legal Marijuana Laws
Make Drugs Legal? Related Information to Make Drugs Legal?
18th Mar, 2004 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal?

Illegal Drugs is a plague to the earth and many believe it is the reason for 85% of the crimes worldwide. Do you think illegal drugs in general should be legalized so that all the trafficking, law breaking, and death would stop? Or do you think the underground would just find something else to sell? Would the population have better control knowing it is free to use, or would people become addicted at alarming rates? What is your scenario?

Make Drugs Legal?
Make Drugs Legal? (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
18th Mar, 2004 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Legal Drugs Make

It's probably not wise for me to answer this one smile.gif I'm a firm believer in "conspiracy theories" about drugs and drug use/availability, and the so-called "War on Drugs." If I can get my thoughts together and can form a reply that doesn't make me sound like a total paranoid psycho, I'll post. But not today smile.gif

Roz

1st Apr, 2004 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal? Health & Special Psychology

i definately DONT think that illegal drugs should be legalised. Drugs affect different people in different ways. Scientists who have studied these drugs have shown their dangerous effects in terms of human behaviour due to psychological damage.They inform the public about these effects...and i think the government has a right to protect the people by restricting consumption of these drugs.

We grow up thinking that we can handle so many things...and our parents show us otherwise because they have experience with life situations. In the same way, as a nation and a race, we also need guidance for our actions. This guidance comes in the form of governments, who use decades of scientific experiments as a guide.

I dont think you can leave any human to do what he or she wants. Many illegal drugs are addictive...and i think if you put rules and laws in place...chances are...more of us would follow, rather than break..most..if not all..of them.

1st Apr, 2004 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Legal Drugs Make

I believe it should be legal to use drugs if I so choose. It is legal to drink alcohol, and smoke cigarettes. Thousands continue to die because of these two drugs. So, why is it o.k. for these, but not others?

I especially believe Marijuana should be legal. I don't know that it is going to get rid of all crime, but it will prevent the small time drug user from being sent to jail. To me, sending someone to jail because they buy Marijuana is a waste of taxpayers money.

I think we should never jail a user for using or buying. If you want to jail them for driving under the influence, I am for that. You want to fire them for coming to work under the influence fine. Otherwise leave the user alone.

Just my opinion.

16th Apr, 2004 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

Legal Drugs Make

I especially believe Marijuana should be legal. I don't know that it is going to get rid of all crime, but it will prevent the small time drug user from being sent to jail.

Don't you think it is to put another evil to get rid of another one?

16th Apr, 2004 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal?

I don't believe you can legislate morality. I believe it is the individual's right to decide if they want to use drugs or not. I do not believe marijuana is any more harmful than alcohol. In fact, it may be less harmful, yet alcohol is perfectly legal.

I am not suggesting that it would be o.k. to drive or work under the influence of marijuana any more than it is o.k. to do these things under the influence of alcohol, but I think if one is legal so should the other be. Who gets to decide which mind altering substance is legal and which is not?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Apr, 2004 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal

Who gets to decide which mind altering substance is legal and which is not?

A competitive doctor who have studied for years in order to reach those conclusions that marijuana is a drug that affects the brain in a lot of ways. This is not about morality, it's about what I believe is common sense.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2004 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Make Drugs Legal?
A Friend

Make Drugs Legal Psychology Special & Health

85% of all crimes worldwide? That's a bit excessive. I think if ALL drugs were legal it would be a mess. I have to admit, though, there are some compelling points about marijuana alone. It was only illegalized in the first place out of ignorance and racism, it would allow the use of hemp seeds, oils and plants to bolster the economy and provide fuels, paper and clothing to be produced inside the US, many would argue it's no worse than alcohol, which is legal, it could be taxed like cigarettes and would put smugglers and other shady people out of business, etc. etc. etc.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (18) »

> TOPIC: Make Drugs Legal?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,