Events Before Second Coming - Page 6 of 7

QUOTE (Spencer @ 9-Jan 09, 8:19 PM) One thing - Page 6 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Mar, 2009 - 5:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 
31st Dec, 2009 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Events Before Second Coming - Page 6

If Israel keeps up her warmongering ways against the Arabs around her then we could be seeing the second coming soon.

Remember, by most interpretations of Second coming events, Israel will be the good guys, though they will come close to destruction and will not be guiltless. It is the army's around Israel and Jews that will ultimately be destroyed.

From Ezra Taft Benson concerning Judah

As one who, by special assignment, has been given authority in the house of Israel today, I ask the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to bless my brethren of Judah and have mercy on them; that the land to which Judah has returned after a long night of dispersion shall be fruitful, prosperous, and become the envy to her neighbors; that the nation Israel shall be delivered from all her oppressors and enemies; that Judah will "draw water out of the wells of salvation" (Isa. 12:3) and fulfill all those prophecies that God declared through his prophets Isaiah, Ezekiel, and Jeremiah, even that prophecy through Zechariah that 'the Lord shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again" (Zech. 2:12).

Prophetically, the Jewish nation will ultimately be protected from the her oppressors and enemies (the Islamic world?).

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2009 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

Events Before Second Coming
A Friend

Coming Second Events

I would like to know two things. First, has the seventh seal been open? What evidence do we have of this? Second, if it has been opened, when exactly was it opened?

If we could know when it was opened, then could we not just add 20.8333 to that year(said in D&C 88 and also Rev. 8 with number conversion of 2 Peter and Abraham 3)?

I am also interested, within the context of the gospel, of any significance of the year 2012. Unfortunately, there is so much speculation right now from many people that seem to not know what they are talking about regarding this date. I would like to know if anyone had any real facts. I know that Nostradamus, the Mayans, and I Ching predicted that something of serious magnitude would happen then, but I would like, if there is any light that anyone reading this post has to shed, for them to shed it smile.gif (speculation is okay as long as you cite it accordingly(say "I speculate..."))

3rd Jan, 2009 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Events Before Second Coming Studies Doctrine Mormon

I don't know of any reasonably valid prophecy that deals with a particular year.

I can't answer right now about the seventh seal, as I haven't been studying that aspect of prophecy.

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2009 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Coming Second Events

Topics related to 2012 that are LDS Based are located in the Mature Board: Source 9

Topics related to 2012 that are not LDS Based but worth looking at:

1. Web Bot Project & 2012
2. Crystal Skulls
3. Polar Shift Possible?

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2009 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Coming Second Events

One thing that I have been also thinking about is how the church already has visitors centers in Jerusalem and Jackson County. Could the church just put up some partitions and have the structure dedicated as a temple? If you think about it, theoretically, although the visitors center in JC is not on the actual temple lot, could that temple be actually built later and the visitors center serve as a temporary substitute? I believe I have read somewhere also that there will be not just one temple at Adam on diah Ohman, but it would be a temple complex, although unfortunately, I cannot remember where it was that I read this.

Just a thought...

Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2009 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I believe it was the October 2001 conference wherein President Hinkley stated that the prophecy in Joel 2:28-31 was fulfilled in the bombing of the trade centers.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Mar, 2009 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Events Second Coming - Page 6

I believe it was the October 2001 conference wherein President Hinkley stated that the prophecy in Joel 2:28-31 was fulfilled in the bombing of the trade centers.

This is the URL to that address.
Source 4

Very interesting address, and he does say that that prophesy had been fulfilled, but he doesn't mention the world trade centers.

Post Date: 4th Mar, 2009 - 5:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Events Second Coming Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 6

QUOTE (Spencer @ 9-Jan 09, 8:19 PM)
One thing that I have been also thinking about is how the church already has visitors centers in Jerusalem and Jackson County. Could the church just put up some partitions and have the structure dedicated as a temple? If you think about it, theoretically, although the visitors center in JC is not on the actual temple lot, could that temple be actually built later and the visitors center serve as a temporary substitute? I believe I have read somewhere also that there will be not just one temple at Adam on diah Ohman, but it would be a temple complex, although unfortunately, I cannot remember where it was that I read this.

Just a thought...

The problem isn't that there needs to be a temple there. The problem is this is a temple surrounded by a city full of saints (the literal gathering of the saints to the New Jerusalem). That, hitheto, has not occurred. Put up whatever partitions/desert-tabernacle-temple you want, it won't be fulfillment of the prophecies until it is the 24 section temple seen in vision and detailed by Joseph Smith that is at the center of a Mormon city.

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Events Before Second Coming

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,