Halloween Recipes

Halloween Recipes - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 20th Oct, 2008 - 2:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Scary and yum all in one!
Halloween Recipes Related Information to Halloween Recipes
Post Date: 25th Oct, 2006 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Halloween Recipes

GRAVEYARD GRUB - CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN WITH FRIGHTFUL FOOD

Creepy cuisine rules during Halloween. When else would you eat cookies that look like spiders or witch fingers, candies that look like eyeballs and graveyard-themed cakes?
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,650201371,00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Oct, 2006 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

Halloween Recipes
A Friend

Recipes Halloween

We made Kitty Litter for our Halloween party last year at work for the girls. The article mentions a Kitty Litter Cake. I've seen it done as a cake before, but they loved our kitty litter. All we did was go out and buy a brand new kitty litter box, and we mixed grape nuts cereal with powdered sugar. We got tootsie roles and kinda mushed them all up and together to make it look like kitty poop, and mixed it in. The girls loved it!

25th Oct, 2006 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Halloween Recipes Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

That sounds quite good, except that I need to avoid the sugar, and don't particularly like Grape Nuts!

My favorite is "dirt pie", made in a bucket, with little headstones on top, and gummi worms "crawling" out of the dirt. Mix some chocolate pudding with Cool Whip, fill up the bucket with the mixture. Then cover it all with crumbled Oreos, and stick the worms and headstone into the mixture.

Fun, and very, very tasty!

24th Oct, 2007 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

Recipes Halloween

Okay, I know this is basic BUT I figured if after five kids I had never got around to doing it yet, maybe there are others!

TOASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS

INGREDIENTS
2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or use Pam/spray to make it lighter)
1 tablespoon salt

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Spread the pumpkin seeds on a medium baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt.
Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted.

Bet you can't guess what our family is doing tonight? :help:

****Update--
Ours turned out good but we didn't cook them as long--probably only 30-35 minutes--luckily I started to smell them and took them out.

Reconcile Edited: AlaskanLDS on 24th Oct, 2007 - 6:58am

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2008 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

Halloween Recipes
A Friend

Recipes Halloween

QUOTE (AlaskanLDS @ 23-Oct 07, 11:28 PM)
Okay, I know this is basic BUT I figured if after five kids I had never got around to doing it yet, maybe there are others!

TOASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS

INGREDIENTS
2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or use Pam/spray to make it lighter)
1 tablespoon salt

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Spread the pumpkin seeds on a medium baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt.
Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted.

Pumkin seeds are the best Halloween food! My mom used to make that for me and my sister when we were young. Now when I eat them, I remember all my good childhood Halloween memories.

Along with the seeds, my mom would make pumkin soup and pumkin pie. Her pumpkin soup is unforgettable, but she won't tell me how she makes it.

> TOPIC: Halloween Recipes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,