Polygamist - FLDS

Polygamist Flds - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 7th Apr, 2008 - 4:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (13) »
Polygamist,FLDS Fundamentalist Mormons - Fundamentalist Latter-Day Saints - Fundamentalist LDS - Many Wives - Waren Jeffs - Abuse
Polygamist - FLDS Related Information to Polygamist - FLDS
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2008 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Polygamist - FLDS

Texas Polygamist

137 children have been removed from a polygamist compound in Texas, and more being sought, a state official says.
Ref. CNN, Photo: AP

Polygamist - FLDS
Polygamist - FLDS (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
5th Apr, 2008 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

FLDS Polygamist

That is good. I detest the idea of polygamy. I believe it is just an excuse for one man to have 'legal' sex, but the irony that it is not legal should say a lot for those who practise it.

6th Apr, 2008 - 4:56am / Post ID: #

Polygamist - FLDS Beliefs Religious General

It seems that the women have also been removed. It began with the complaint of a 16 year old who said she was forced to marry a man in his 50s, bore him a child when she was 15, and forced to live as his wife thereafter. This was one of Warren Jeffs' following.

6th Apr, 2008 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

FLDS Polygamist

I am not sure what is going on behind doors but I wonder how truthful are the allegations? It seems to me that the police really want them out of there and they will look for any reason to storm their place in this way. I am NOT defending their beliefs and ways, just wondering what is true and what is excuse.

6th Apr, 2008 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

FLDS Polygamist

The thing I don't get about these polygamist groups is how are they able to get so large without the law stepping in? Its obvious that when a POLYGAMIST group sets up houses and buildings in an area everyone knows what they're doing, everyone knows its against the law, so why doesn't anyone do anything about it?

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2008 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

Polygamist - FLDS
A Friend

Polygamist - FLDS

I am glad to see that they broke this little group up. Removing the women and the children out of there is the best thing. They still have a stand off of some sorts last I have heard. They are still looking for the 16 year old who made the 911 call. I know getting the children and women help to break them of the slave mentality will be the toughest time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Apr, 2008 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

Polygamist FLDS

It's likely a lot of them have been born into this and not converted so trying to get them to see the abuse is unlikely. When you mix in the religious element it means brain washing is happening all around.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2008 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

Polygamist - FLDS
A Friend

Polygamist FLDS General Religious Beliefs

I used lived a little way outside Colorado City. We lived there for about five years. My kids went to the Public School there. The first warders(as they're called there) pulled all their kids out and put them in private schools the year we moved there, so my kids didn't associate with them as much as they would have otherwise. My experience with these people was this, When I went to their grocery store(the only one around) or the DMV, restaurants, or many other businesses. They would stare at us, much the same as people stare at them in Salt Lake. It was some what odd for them to see women and girls in pants with their hair down. It was disconterting at first, but over time I started opening up to these people, and they in turn, opened up to me. They are the sweetest, most humble people.

Yes, they are in error in their beliefs, and they do marry young girls, but this is the exception, rather than the rule. Most girls marry when they're older. I would say, percentage wise, that abuse here is about the same as the rest of the country, but the rest of the country isn't in the spotlight is it? I've heard horror stories of the raid against them, in 1953. They took children away from their mothers, and were separated in some cases for years. One woman, who has since left the group, said she was so traumatized(as a child) by this event that it still haunts her. Also, I know so many people who have left this group that didn't have to "escape". The only reason for women "escaping" is if they were in an abusive home. And anywhere, in any religion, women "escape" abusive homes.

Reconcile Message Edited...
LDS_forever: I edited your post and break it into paragraphs for easy reading. Please keep in mind that this is NOT the LDS board neither the Religion one, it is the Law and Order board hence it is not allowed to bring up scriptures examples/religion into this discussion. We keep religious talk/discussion within the religious boards. Thanks.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: Polygamist - FLDS

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,