Polygamist - FLDS - Page 2 of 13

Beating soo bad that if caused broken ribs? - Page 2 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 10th Apr, 2008 - 12:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (13) »
Polygamist,FLDS Fundamentalist Mormons - Fundamentalist Latter-Day Saints - Fundamentalist LDS - Many Wives - Waren Jeffs - Abuse
Polygamist - FLDS Related Information to Polygamist - FLDS
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2008 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Polygamist - FLDS
A Friend

Polygamist - FLDS - Page 2

I can see your points Kim B I think a lot of people who are on the outside looking in have a much different view than those who actually live the life. Even people who closely relate to them in a business sense as you have demonstrated can see it in a whole other light as well.

I think a lot of people need to sit back and not condemn all for the actions of a few. IF the women wish to live this way and do it willingly then that should be their choice. IF they do not want to live in this type of community then they should be allowed to leave. The Amish do this with their children. When they reach 16 or 17, I believe, they are allowed to go out in the world and see how others live. If they wish to return after a couple years to live their simpler life then they do if they wish to live in main stream america then they are allowed to. I believe that this is the correct way to go.

If there is abuse anywhere in any religion I feel that those responsible should be brought to justice and the abused should get counseling. No one no matter the age or sex should have to suffer at the hands of another.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2008 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

FLDS Polygamist

Name: Robert

Comments: What do you people really know about polygamy???
I am always appalled about what peoples reactions are, however I am not surprised because it is groups like the Warren Jeffs that take the lime light and give the rest of the polygamy groups a black eye. And there are a couple of other lunatic groups out there. But there are other groups living the poly life where women under 18 are not allowed to get married etc. So don't judge this lifestyle with some lunatic religious fanatics. The breaking up of a relationship in a poly situation is about the same as that of a monogamous one. Polygamy has been and still is practiced in many parts of the world. Even in Europe, polygamy was very common.

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: The rest of this User's comments has been posted in the LDS Mature Board under the "In that day seven women..." Thread since this Thread is not about LDS Doctrine or history.

7th Apr, 2008 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Polygamist - FLDS Beliefs Religious General

Robert, it does not matter how you try to justify it since you are still breaking the law. Being 18 or giving individual consent still does not make polygamy lawful. If people want to live this way then there is a process of law to do it. In any case, a lot of abuse seems to be associated with this practise.

7th Apr, 2008 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 FLDS Polygamist

Some people think that because they set up their own standards whatever they do is alright. I don't get their thinking, I think they forget we are talking about children forced to marry old bags for their sexual pleasure! If you sell drugs only to adults does it make it alright too?

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2008 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

FLDS Polygamist

FLDS lose custody of kids

Texas decides all children inside ranch at risk of harm or neglect

"We have provided information on all of these (children), and the judge has made a determination that there is a significant risk of harm, or these are indeed victims of abuse and neglect, and they should be removed and placed into custody of Texas temporarily," she said.

She called the roundup the state's largest child welfare operation since the Branch Davidian standoff in Waco 15 years ago.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695268356,00.html

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2008 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

Polygamist - FLDS

Final tally: 416 children removed

"We believe all of the children have now been safely removed from the ranch," Marleigh Meisner, spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, said Tuesday.

"We believe every child at that ranch, if they were not abused or neglected, they were certainly at risk."
[..]
The teen told officials she had been taken to the ranch by her parents about three years ago. Then, last year, when she was 15, she was "spiritually married to an adult male member of the church." He was 49, and she became his seventh wife.

"The teenage mother said she began to be abused shortly after she started living at the ranch. "She advised that the adult male would 'beat and hurt her' whenever he got angry," according to the document.

This included hitting her in the chest and choking her, the affidavit states. When such abuse occurred, the girl told officials, other women in her home would hold her infant child.

The last time he beat her was on Easter Sunday, she said. The document also indicated that the man had once beaten her so severely that she suffered several broken ribs.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695268743,00.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2008 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

Polygamist FLDS - Page 2

Were beds in temple used for teen sex?

SAN ANGELO, Texas - A Texas Ranger serving a search warrant at a polygamist ranch says there are beds inside the FLDS Church's only temple. And those beds, according to newly relased documents that support the reasons for a police raid on the compound owned by the sect, are in a part of the temple where "males over the age of 17 engage in sexual activity" with underage girls.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695269096,00.html

Post Date: 10th Apr, 2008 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Polygamist - FLDS
A Friend

Polygamist FLDS General Religious Beliefs - Page 2

Beating soo bad that if caused broken ribs? Noone deservers that type of abuse no matter what their age. Beds in the temple Is the church there into voyeurism too? Did they have to watch the rape of young girls? I think the state going in and taking the children was the correct thing to do.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: Polygamist - FLDS

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,