Prepared for Death - Page 3 of 10

QUOTE I know longer have a fear of death because - Page 3 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 16th Aug, 2003 - 4:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »
This looks at the aspects of death we may not have thought about.
Prepared for Death Related Information to Prepared for Death
5th Jun, 2003 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

Prepared for Death - Page 3

Yes I am ready for the graduation  from this  existance to the next.  eccept for the income taxes that I will leave when I go.  but then I guess that I was taxed to death in the first place.
  I have my will made up, and my funeral plan, with the speakers topics listed and the music.   I also have the morturary with the list of people tobe notified when I go. and the things I want with the service.
I have a brief history and and listing of awards and accomplishments made. and the financial  things ready.   gross isn't it? but then I have no one to do it for me when I go.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2003 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

Prepared for Death
A Friend

Death Prepared

I have often pondered upon the question, 'am I ready to go?' especially after I just hit the big 30.  ;)  I am somewhat afraid, but I believe that I am ready to go.  I believe that I have lived a good life and did my best to live in God's way.  The fear comes from leaving my children at a young age, with only my husband to raise them.  (I am not saying that he is not capable, but I know it would be very difficult on him to raise them alone.)  Another fear is, not accomplishing everything I set out to do.  I do not want to leave anything in my life undone.  I do know that when God calls me home, I will leave this earthly world to be in a better place.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2003 - 12:43am / Post ID: #

Prepared for Death
A Friend

Prepared for Death Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I am 35 and have had anxiety attacks since I wa 15. They are of course scary and you feel as though you are dying of a heart attack.

I have had hundreds (probably thousands) of these horrible attacks in my lifetime..... and the fear of death OVERWHELMS ME!!!

I am not afraid of death, as in after life. I am a christian and feel I will go to Heaven.

Dying is scary to me. The though of not being in control of my body.

Logic tells me God is in control of everything, but in an attack or weak moment.... I feel horrified. Hospitals terrify me.

I am spiritually prepared, but not physically. Thankfully my mother has 2 plots that were bought by my grandfather in the 70's. And she has life insurance on herself and me.

I have a son, he is going to be 17 next week and he will have those things if something happened. But I should be more prepared.

I am an only child and have NO relatives but my mother and son.

I am left with everything (altho my mom has taken care of most things). She knows I will fall apart.

I know I should prepare things for my son.

But God willing I pray mom stays around for many more years.... as do I. I want to see my son get married and have kids (later)~LOL

[offtopic] It is a contrast though sad.gif I have been told fear is the opposite of faith and I should not be afraid of anything..... it is an illness and sadly, it does make ME feel out of control and feel GOD is not in control.... it is just one of the "symptoms" of the anxiety[/offtopic]

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2003 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

Prepared for Death
A Friend

Page 3 Death Prepared

i think death is a natural culmination of life..its unnatural to want to live forever..i mean if u look around u everythin that is born grows and then dies..while i empathise with persons whose lives are ended according to our dictates too prematurely i do believe that everythin in our lives is preordained and one thing we do not have control over EVER is when we die...i have found over the years that my acceptance of death and the very thought of it has changed..i have ceased being afraid of it and have begun to accept it as a part of life and living...the only thing that scares me a little is not dying itself but the method by which i die...( watch too many people being put through meat grinders on tv ; ) ) but i do hope that when i die that i do do so with thoughts of God in my heart and head...i think in life we get great opportunities to improve ourselves we are put through tests to judge our faith and belief that God is good (which is he is...hes great, excellent in fact in my book)...the greatest test  of all in my mind therefore is death which is essentially a test to see if we are willing to give up our materialistic entanglements...family money etc...for a chance to be with him...most of us see death as an endin but to me its a beginnin ..an opportunity to be born again...a chance to correct the wrongs done in past lives to make ur life more devoted to God ...to become more perfect in spirit..so ur question is am i prepared for death id like to say yes i may not be fully prepared (then again who is eh??) but id like to believe that when i am given this ultimate test i am given a passin grade and continue on this journey called life until i am purified enough to join with him in the ultimate liberation...

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2003 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Prepared for Death
A Friend

Death Prepared

There in trinibabidolls post it states she be afraid of the method by which i die  and i think everybody wonders about this [how, where, when] the big 3?

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2003 - 6:49am / Post ID: #

Prepared for Death
A Friend

Prepared for Death

I've recently been having a crisis of faith (steriotypical teenager, right?) and am less certain about death than I was just a year ago.  I grow ever less certain about what lies in the here-after, and that makes me less certain about what my place will be in the Dante-esque view of the afterlife.  Right now I'm hoping for the second layer of Hell where I can chill with Einstein and all my atheist friends, I just hope I don't end up in the seventh layer where Dante says I belong.

Now back to the original question- no I am not at an increased fear of dying because of the war in Iraq.  The draft will never be reenstated and terrorism will never affect my little corner of the world, or at least that's been my chant for the past two year.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Aug, 2003 - 6:52am / Post ID: #

Prepared for Death
A Friend

Prepared Death - Page 3

Sorry for double posting, I fogot to finish the last one.
I know longer have a fear of death because I fully intend to have my brain cryogenically (did I spell that right?) frozen when I die.  That way I'll wake up one  million years from now and be venerated for my amazonf knowledge of the past and I'll be best friends with Walt Disney.

16th Aug, 2003 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

Prepared Death Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 3

I know longer have a fear of death because I fully intend to have my brain cryogenically (did I spell that right?) frozen when I die.  That way I'll wake up one  million years from now and be venerated for my amazonf knowledge of the past and I'll be best friends with Walt Disney.

Oooooookayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wink.gif Are you serious? Walt Disney had the same dream but it didn't work sad.gif.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Prepared for Death

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,