Australia Politics - Page 2 of 6

Public pressure needed to close gap Local Australia - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Mar, 2011 - 12:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Australia Politics Australian Politics - Politicians - Government
Australia Politics Related Information to Australia Politics
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2008 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Australia Politics - Page 2

Aborigines threaten to shut Uluru

Aboriginal leaders threaten to ban tourists from a top Australian landmark in protest at "racist" government policies.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...fic/7467093.stm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 11:21am / Post ID: #

Politics Australia

New head for Australia opposition

Australia's opposition elects climate change sceptic Tony Abbott as new leader, dealing a blow to PM Kevin Rudd's carbon trading plans. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2010 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Australia Politics History & Civil Business Politics

Woman PM for Australia? Rudd faces axe

Julia Gillard may become Australia's first female prime minister if she can oust Kevin Rudd at a Labor party room showdown on Thursday. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2010 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Politics Australia

Aussie political party's Google ads questioned

The Liberal Party appears to have pulled Google advertisements after threats the party breached electoral laws which could lead to a challenge of results in marginal seats. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2010 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Politics Australia

Australia's leaders fight to govern

After years of laughing behind their hands at New Zealand over MMP, Australians woke up yesterday to a hung Parliament hostage to largely unknown independents and a sole Green MP. Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2010 - 8:24am / Post ID: #

Australia Politics
A Friend

Australia Politics

We"ve had the election but the next PM is to be decided by a 3 (possibly 4) independent candidates!
Maybe it's just me but it does strike me as a bit wrong that we can have a system that allows for a draw, especially when we have the (rather idiotic) preferential voting system we have.
Voting here is compulsory but apparently pretty useless if the result is close.

Personally, I hope we have to return to the polls because I don't think the independent "King Makers" are going to be impartial & it seems that the power may be slightly going to their heads.
Last thing we need is minority government controlled by a few disgruntled former party members that are even now trying in small ways to dictate foreign policy before promising their vote.
I thought that was what the election was for in the first place.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2010 - 10:44am / Post ID: #

Australia Politics - Page 2

Julia Gillard Forms Government

Two undecided independent Australian MPs back the Labor Party of PM Julia Gillard, allowing it to form a government with a majority of one. Ref. BBC

Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2011 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Australia Politics Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Public pressure needed to close gap
Australia Tours Local Australia News

A lobby group has urged the public to keep pushing governments to close the life expectancy and opportunity gap between black and white Australia. Source: The Sydney Morning Herald National Headlines

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Australia Politics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,