The Truth About Guns - NRA - Page 2 of 6

This is the fault of the media. Since the - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Apr, 2009 - 2:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
National Rifle Association of America
Or is it all lies? Also featured in this thread is Discussion surrounding the NRA - National Rifle Association of America
The Truth About Guns - NRA Related Information to The Truth About Guns - NRA
26th Jun, 2008 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

The Truth About Guns - NRA - Page 2

Guns in the USA You will not need to worry about statistics anymore. People in the United States can have their guns whether you like it or not.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2008 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

The Truth About Guns - NRA
A Friend

NRA Guns Truth The

Yes and it is our right to bear arms as the second amendment granted us.

I do not know all the stats about this or that but one thing I know. Most crimes are not committed by law abiding gun owners. Most crimes are committed by the criminals. Anyone if they know the right questions to ask to the right people can get a gun off the streets to use as they see fit. These guns were stolen from somewhere else and are not legally owned. It is these guns that most law enforcement officers are worried about in crimes.

I have carried and owned a hand gun for well over 20 years in those 20 + years I have only drawn and shot my gun three times (other than at a range). I can tell you I was justified each time and I have never pulled it out of anger. Most gun owners are very responsible people. We believe in gun safety.

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2009 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Truth About Guns - NRA History & Civil Business Politics

Gun Control Advocates Call for Stricter Laws After Spate of Mass Shootings Leaves Nearly 60 Dead

A spate of mass shootings across the country, from Binghamton, NY to Carthage, NC, has left at least fifty-seven people dead since March 10th. In the wake of the violence, gun control advocates are calling for stricter laws across the nation. We speak with Roxane Kolar, executive director of North Carolinians Against Gun Violence. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 10th Apr, 2009 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 NRA Guns Truth The

See this is what I am talking about. You have a couple people go off and kill a bunch of people and you have all these gun control people coming out of the wood work demanding tighter gun laws. Well I think the deaths still would have occurred even if they had tighter laws because those that go out to kill a bunch of people would have gotten their hands on a unregistered or stolen gun and used it just the same.

IF they had loosed controls and some of those people who were killed owned a gun and shot back how many people would have died? Would the gunman who went in there to kill have thought different if there was a right to carry in the state? I have seen that many crimes involving guns go down in states that have the right to carry law. Much of this is due to criminals do not want to face someone who has a gun just like them. Criminals are cowards who like to have the upper hand. The criminal that has a gun to use on people who do not is what that criminal wants.

10th Apr, 2009 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

NRA Guns Truth The

I will agree completely. Aren't there already a lot of laws on the books? How many laws did the guy break in order to do what he did? Did those laws slow him down in the slightest? How will even more intrusive laws make a difference?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

10th Apr, 2009 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

I think the main concern is who has the gun and not getting the gun. You're right though no matter how many laws are made there will always be someone willing to sell a black market gun. Having to do get it on the black market might slow the process down though and since they have to go through someone the police can find snitches to tell who bought what.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Apr, 2009 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

The Truth Guns NRA - Page 2

The black market can be extremely efficient. When lawful activity becomes illegal, then the black market ramps up, and becomes very fast. Eventually, the most law-abiding citizens will turn to the black market to fulfill their needs.

What all of the gun laws do is ensure that the criminals don't have to worry much about their victims having any sort of self-defense. The NRA and other gun rights organizations gather and publish a lot of stories about how a citizen just letting a criminal know that they are armed have stopped crimes. I seem to remember that the ratio is about 10 crimes prevented by the use of guns to 1 crime committed with a gun.

However, you will only learn about these things if you look for them. The media refuses to report them.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2009 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Truth Guns NRA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

This is the fault of the media. Since the media does not like gun and is very anti gun rights we hear about all the guns that are causing problems and nothing about the guns that are helping others.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: The Truth About Guns - NRA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,