Real Druids - Page 2 of 13

Gothic Nature and all; Although I'm - Page 2 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 30th Jan, 2008 - 12:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (13) »
Info About Druids
Order of the Druids / Druid / Druidism
Real Druids Related Information to Real Druids

The REAL Druids

I am the wind on the sea
I am the wave of the sea
I am the bull of seven battles
I am the eagle on the rock
I am a flash from the sun
I am the most beautiful of plants
I am a strong wild boar
I am a salmon in the water
I am a lake in the plain I am the word of knowledge
I am the head of the spear in battle
I am the God that puts fire in the head
Who spreads light in the gathering on the hills?
Who can tell the ages of the moon?
Who can tell the place where the sun rests?
-- Druid Amergin

You May Also Be Interested In:

• Man on the Moon
  • Aliens From Outter Space
  • Prophet Yahweh
  • Quantum Mechanics
  • Mind Control
  • Dark Matter
  • Mind Control & Mk-ultra
  • Asteroid to hit Earth in 2014?
  • Near Death Experiences
  • Time Travel
  • Post Date: 27th Jan, 2008 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Real Druids
    A Friend

Real Druids - Page 2

That would be correct. The Council of Elders provides religious and theological guidance. The full description of their duties for the Henge are listed in the Order's bylaws which are available on-line at: https://www.keltria.org/acrobat/Bylaws.pdf

- Tony

Sponsored Links:
    27th Jan, 2008 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

Druids Real

Thank you TonyT for the link, It was very educational for me.

Just out of curiosity as I am sure there are some misconceptions concerning Druidism that many may have. Is there any insight that you could provide towards some of the common misconceptions?

27th Jan, 2008 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Real Druids Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I did not know that there were real life druids I thought it was all something from fanasty books. This may sound dumb but do any of you believe or have the power to talk with animals or plants?

28th Jan, 2008 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Druids Real

TonyT is was very kind of you to make this effort and I would like to say Thanks and look forward to hearing more.

28th Jan, 2008 - 4:19am / Post ID: #

Druids Real

My questions are as follows,

* When you are asked about religion or your religious beliefs how do you explain?
    * Do you have a belief in Christ, devils, how do you take to Buddahism and Muslims?
    * Are plant and animal life more or equal to our own lives?
    * Are any kind of sacrifices made?

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2008 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Real Druids
    A Friend

Real Druids

Greetings,

I am quite pleased to see a member of The Henge of Keltria has already added some very good information to this discussion.

Keltria is one of the more prominant Druidic groups here in the US, and there are numerous smaller (local, regional, private) groups as well. A web search will come up with more hits than you can browse without severe eyestrain!

Besides Keltria there are;
    (I will naturally leave any explainations of Keltria to Tony T) wink.gif

The Reformed Druids of North America (known as the RDNA)
    https://www.geocities.com/mikerdna/index.html
    That webpage is managed by Mike Scharding of the RDNA and is an excellent gateway to any and all information on the RDNA. I am also a member of the RDNA. Theirs can be a quite "eclectic" approach to Modern Druidry, but I do know there are quite a few members who use a more scholastic approach to their worship and studies.

Ar nDraiocht Fein: A Druid Fellowship (known as the ADF)
    https://www.adf.org/core/
    ADF was originally started by Issac Bonewits, an early member of the RDNA. The ADF (from my understanding, as I'm not a member) takes a poly/pantheistic approach to Modern Druidry and are (in general) focused on a scholastic approach.

The Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids (known as OBOD)
    https://druidry.org/
    Although OBOD has it origins in the United Kingdom, they do have groups here in the US.

The Ancient Order of Druids in America (known as the AODA)
    https://www.aoda.org/
    Founded in 1912 as the American branch of the Ancient and Archaeological Order of Druids, AODA is a Druid church of nature spirituality, rooted in the Druid Revival of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, and offering an opportunity for modern people to experience the teachings and practices of traditional Druidry in today's world. I am a member of the AODA, currently working on my Second Degree Studies.

In regards to the post about "Ancient Druids", according to early Irish and Welsh texts, yes, there indeed were. Some of those texts can be found at;
    https://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/index.htm
    There are some of the Modern Druid Groups that use these and other such texts to try and reconstruct what the Ancient Druids did, this is generally referred to as "Celtic Reconstrutionism", or CR for short.

I will say that the most common thread you will find between all the various Groups, Groves, and Solitarys is working towards personal growth, both spiritually and on a scholastic level.

I hope this information is of some help, and I will be more than glad to field any questions to the best of my ability. If I am unsure of the answer, I can always field it to some of my fellow Druids.

In Truth and Sincerity,
    Tully

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    30th Jan, 2008 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Real Druids - Page 2

I appreciate all the links, but really if you can answer my specific information above about druids that will be really helpful rather than me having to wade through all those sites.

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2008 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

Real Druids
    A Friend

Real Druids Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 2

Gothic Nature and all;

Although I'm pressed for time this morning, I do intend on addressing the questions posted, to the best of my ability. I was only showing an example of some of the various Druid Groups/Organizations that are currently around.

More later...

Tully

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: Real Druids

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,