Polygamist - FLDS - Page 6 of 13

This thread just reminds me why I don't - Page 6 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 15th May, 2008 - 1:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (13) »
Polygamist,FLDS Fundamentalist Mormons - Fundamentalist Latter-Day Saints - Fundamentalist LDS - Many Wives - Waren Jeffs - Abuse
Polygamist - FLDS Related Information to Polygamist - FLDS
1st May, 2008 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Polygamist - FLDS - Page 6

I'm not sure we can know the whole truth because they are taught to lie because anyone that is not part of their sect is considered part of the 'beast' and thus does not need to know anything about what they really do.

Sponsored Links:
1st May, 2008 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

FLDS Polygamist

One of the reporters in the Nancy Grace show was saying how the authorities asked a girl who looked underage how old is she, it seems like she wanted to say the truth but turned to her husband nervously and asked "How old am I?" and the husband looked at her straight and serious and said "You are 18 years old". She then looked at the police officer and said "I am 18 years old".

Post Date: 1st May, 2008 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

Polygamist - FLDS
A Friend

Polygamist - FLDS Beliefs Religious General

I can see that happening. Then they wonder why there is such a uproar over all of this. They need to talk to some of the young mothers again without their "husbands" being there.

2nd May, 2008 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Page 6 FLDS Polygamist

Whose the Kim that' defending them. I don't care how sweet they sound they are committing serious disgusting crimes.

Post Date: 10th May, 2008 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

FLDS Polygamist

Texas says all YFZ kids at risk

"The community has one common belief system that young girls are called on to be wives and no age is too young to be married," wrote Texas Department of Family and Protective Services attorneys. Some adults and children at the ranch described it as "one large community," even though there are several houses at the complex.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700224613,00.html

Post Date: 12th May, 2008 - 6:38am / Post ID: #

Polygamist - FLDS

Letter asks Bush to help FLDS kids

A hand-delivered letter to President Bush at his Crawford, Texas, ranch asks the new father-in-law to intervene in the plight of hundreds of FLDS children and their parents. The 10-page letter was written and delivered on Saturday by FLDS member Willie Jessop to staff members at Bush's ranch. The president and his family were at the ranch for daughter Jenna's wedding to Henry Hager.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700224855,00.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th May, 2008 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

Polygamist FLDS - Page 6

A second FLDS mother gives birth in custody

Another child has been born to a woman taken into Texas custody in the raid on the Fundamentalist LDS Church's YFZ Ranch. The young woman gave birth to a boy around noon Monday. "There was a birth," said Texas Department of Family and Protective Services spokeswoman Marleigh Meisner. "That's all I can tell you for now." She declined to say whether the child would immediately become a ward of the state.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700225420,00.html

15th May, 2008 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

Polygamist FLDS General Religious Beliefs - Page 6

This thread just reminds me why I don't participate in any sort of discussion much any more.

I'm not sure we can know the whole truth because they are taught to lie because anyone that is not part of their sect is considered part of the 'beast' and thus does not need to know anything about what they really do.

I don't care how sweet they sound they are committing serious disgusting crimes.

You are right, we will never know the "truth" because the only things that are being released for public consumption are the justifications by the Texas authorities for their illegal actions. As for "serious disgusting crimes", what are they? Why have there been no charges leveled yet? Why is Texas CPS playing a shell game with the children? Why did Texas CPS take away all the cell phones? Why is the Texas CPS so intent on not allowing any of the "children" including teens, to talk to anyone outside the control of the CPS?

Has anyone looked at the reputation and history of the Texas CPS? It is horrendous. Those children have been taken from a situation where the abuse is defined by the fact that the people believe in plural marriage, and put into a situation where it is a proven fact that there is a high incident of physical, sexual, and emotional abuse.

There are many video segments available exposing the horrors of all CPS programs, but Texas' especially. 3 out of 4 children in Texas CPS custody are on psychotropic drugs.

The mother who gave birth this week has/had proof of her age. She is something like 22 years old, and in a monogamous marriage. Yet CPS wanted her child, so they kept denying her real age. When NBC was able to interview here, as I read it, she is living in a bare room with a mattress on the floor.

If Texas authorities really wanted to deal with child sexual abuse, statutory rape, and underage sex, they only need to go into their own cities. Read the following from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/famplan/tpp.shtm
How Often Does a Teenager in Texas Get Pregnant?

* Every 10 minutes, a teen in Texas gets pregnant.
    * Every 10 hours, a 14-year-old teen gets pregnant.
    * Every 3 hours, a 15-year-old teen gets pregnant.
    * Every 1.5 hours, a 16-year-old teen gets pregnant.
    * Every 52 minutes, a 17-year-old-teen gets pregnant.
    * Every 35 minutes, an 18-year-old teen gets pregnant.
    * Every 28 minutes, a 19-year-old teen gets pregnant.

What are the Outcomes?

* Every 10 minutes a teen gives birth.
    * Every 48 minutes a teen has an abortion.

These are not to loving, caring families, where the women consider themselves married, these are mostly inner-city, minority young women.

I truly doubt that any of the people here so roundly condemning the FLDS have bothered to find out what they really believe or what their practices are. Most of us just accept what the media has to say.

There are a whole bunch of FLDS and ex-FLDS people writing blogs, newspaper articles, responses to newspaper articles, etc, explaining that having young women marry is NOT part of their religion. Rather, young women who want to marry are strongly urged to wait. If they still want to marry, THEN they may be allowed to do so.

I know, most are going to say that these people are just brainwashed, promoting propaganda. However, the exact same can be said of anyone who parrots the media reports.

I feel physically sick every time I read any more about the horrible, illegal actions of the Texas authorities. There are hundreds of innocent people who have been, and are being, punished.

If they are really worried about the concept of 13 - 17 year old women being abused by being married, then why are the 13 - 17 year old boys in custody? Why are they sent to a "ranch " for troubled teens? What are they going to learn there? How to break and enter? How to score drugs?

And, let's look at how the women are treated. A judge seriously asked the "mainstream" Mormons be called upon to monitor and lead the prayers of the adult women in custody. The "Mormons" hate the polygamists even more than the Baptists do. Fortunately, one or two local LDS leaders pointed out that there is a "great difference" between the LDS and the FLDS.

(Of course, this is not true. We share over 90% of our beliefs, and over 75% of our practices.)

Enough. According to the 11th Article of Faith of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

While I don't expect non-LDS to necessarily believe or practice this, I do expect them to pay attention to the 1st Amendment. However, apparently, neither group pays much attention to either principle.

And justice only for those who conform and have lots of money.

> TOPIC: Polygamist - FLDS

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,