Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play? - Page 12 of 14

Yeah I didn't really explain that - Page 12 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 13th Feb, 2016 - 8:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 14 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Best of  Which PBP RPGs Want Play Raising The Dead Or Defunct Role-Playing Games
2nd Feb, 2016 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play? - Page 12

Games Workshop is super aggressive about their intellectual property. You certainly couldn't use images. And would the Warhammer experience really translate to Play By Post?

Now, there are a number of perfectly viable games to play out a Space Marine versus Aliens roleplaying scenario that could draw heavily from the Warhammer 40K themes, and a number of Dark Fantasy games that could be inspired by the Warhammer Fantasy World.

Heck, for an Role-playing Game scenario, taking the premise of Necromunda and making a game out of it would be great. A small gang of 5-6 members trying to carve out territory in a planetary slum? Could be great.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2016 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play?
A Friend

Play Want You RPGs PBP Which

And the great thing about Necromunda is it has a campaign system built into it.

3rd Feb, 2016 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play? Reviews RPG & Card Board

Might even be the easiest to take over JB's simplified rule system for those boards since its already in place, no copyright issues assuming he allows it and the focus can be on the prime reason we're here: Play By Post RP! wink.gif.

13th Feb, 2016 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 12 Play Want You RPGs PBP Which

Maybe someone should start something new and different like another way to do Play By Post that would be cool.

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2016 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Play Want You RPGs PBP Which

Something to be looked into for sure, Wizard.

The games I was suggesting be run here, after having played them at the table in the last 6 months, will require some tweaking and rework of the mechanics to be valid Play By Post.

As much as I love the Savage Worlds and Fantasy Flight Star Wars, there game mechanics need some alterations in order to make them viable for Play By Post.

13th Feb, 2016 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

FFG Star Wars would be tough, because of the proprietary dice.

Savage Worlds would be great, if you didn't need to wait a half hour to see if you needed a bennie for a reroll. I recognize there's some sort of anti-cheating motive behind that delay, but I'm not a fan.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Feb, 2016 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Which PBP RPGs You Want Play - Page 12

international QUOTE (Wizard)
...another way to do Play By Post

I do not understand this comment. It is like saying "Another way to write a letter by hand" - that's just it you use your hand to write the letter - you use Postings to Play Role-playing Games. If there is something more please elaborate.

Rather off topic, but...
Soon I will be working on a Solo and MMORPG within this site - that's certainly different. More on that here: Text MMORPG

international QUOTE (Malcolmshaw)
...there game mechanics need some alterations in order to make them viable for Play By Post.

Wasn't that already hashed out: here? I had already stated that I can code whatever is necessary once explained so the ball is in the court of whichever GM has a following and a Review Thread to begin the process.

international QUOTE (Corinthi)
...if you didn't need to wait a half hour to see if you needed a bennie for a reroll

As with above the same applies and this seems to be a Topic best suited for Embedded Dice Support.

People, please understand, all that you are using here is custom coded - just as it has been created a certain way it can also be adjusted to function another way. The main point is I do not code something unless there is a consensus that there is a need and people who will be committed to using it. If you want to see something way more complex than what you all are wondering try out Plugged Role-playing Game which has 3 interfaces to play: Play By Post, Flash animation, and coded tests! That was all done over a decade ago. Therefore, the doubt should not be whether it can work - the question should be "Who will be committed to run it once it has been coded to work".

13th Feb, 2016 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Which PBP RPGs You Want Play Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 12

Yeah I didn't really explain that well. I mean like a different type of game than just the ones everyone knows, the ones that are here already. I really didn't know about the Plugged but the screenshots look amazing to have that all in a forum is like wow. You're like a coding god. bow.gif.

+  « First of 14 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 

> TOPIC: Which PBP RPGs Do You Want To Play?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,