Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 636 of 948

I think that's a great compromise - Page 636 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Jan, 2018 - 5:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 948 pgs.  632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 636

Anron, since you asked, here are my thoughts on Paladin/Warlock. They are similar to Kyyroeth's… great minds, and all that…

Multiclass builds are rarely evenly split, but rather there is a 'dip' into one class for very specific abilities with the other being your primary. I of course say this as I aim for Paladin 6 / Sorcerer 6, but have specific abilities in mind and plan to take all Sorcerer after that, I think, until the end if we get that far. I'll admit, my path has been a bit unusual myself, not having a second attack yet in favor of green flame blade, but I'm changing that now.

It seems you are very much built for melee with high Strength and lower Charisma, so getting that extra attack is a big goal. I don't believe you can get that via warlock at this point because you are not a Pact of the Blade lock, so you really need that 5th paladin level as soon as you can. Daishain will be throwing encounters at us based on party size and level and we'll need your help. I'd strongly suggest two levels in Paladin over your next two, and think about what you want out of each class long term.

PS Do you use Armor of Agathys at all? I've been wanting to for a long term but haven't had the character for it yet.

Sponsored Links:
4th Jan, 2018 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

I don't have any special armor, like Agathys, or weapon for that matter Cinder. So that, would have to be remedied, if Tazskan were to focus on a melee, so called tank character.

I can, being a level 8 as you suggested redistribute, the levels as, Paladin level 5, and Warlock level 3. Gain, an extra attack as stated.

But, what are the repocussions for dropping from level 4 Warlock, to level 3 Warlock? I won't loose my pact of the chain, and still keep the psuedodragon.

But, what's Dai's house rules on Tazskans, level 4 bonus, of increasing his CON by one to 14. I wouldn't want to drop that benefit. The higher the CON, the better.

Although, I'm favouring this, increasing Paladin to 5th level. I think I will wait until Dai, decides what my character could aquire from white Dragon's loot.

Not, being greedy here, as everyone gets to decide. Bearing, in mind not all magical items, would be useful, or within Tazskans ability to use. In fact, some items may even be hazadous for Tazskan to use?

You, are correct about Tazskan having higher strength, than charisma.
I believe, since Tazskan has had his first real taste, of combat. He, is still learning his unique, strange roles.

He is also learning, more about the balancing act between the reserved, thinking, mystical, slightly chaotic, valuing veangence, Warlock, with the loyal, compassionate, physical, valuing justice, Paladin.

I admire, both Cratol and Poljens characters, and they are both formidable, and resiliant in melee. But, Tazskan would need to get a bit more beefed up, to get in on the act. But, to answer your underlying concern Velon and Loraries, I think deep down Tazskan would love to get in on the act!

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 4th Jan, 2018 - 4:35pm

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Sorry, but at this point you're stuck with Warlock 4. You can add the new level to either warlock or paladin, but you won't get to shift that fourth warlock level over to Pally.

What house rules are you talking about in regards to Con?

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 636 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yes indeed, lots to consider. Armor of Agathys is a warlock spell that scales will with higher spell slots and gives you temporary AC and damages your foes when they hit you. Good if you are going into melee with your strength.

Sorry, I didn't mean change your existing levels, I'm not sure if Daishain would allow redistribution as that is not RAW. He might allow someone a one time rebuild if they find their character is all out of whack, perhaps, if feeling very generous.(?) I just meant working toward Paladin 5 if you are interested in mostly melee as your current stat choices would suggest. It would take this level he is granting us and the next time he does so.

I forget what magic item you were interested in. Perhaps a +2 magic sword/weapon if yours isn't magical currently. Just an idea.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Dai,
How do you want us to post our two weeks worth of actions? Once we find out the loot totals and quality, there are many things we can do locally, one of which is Lawrance getting Stone Shape as he levels up, then working with local masons/stone workers to seal up the dragon's entrance to the castle.
As well, I'm going to have Lawrance work on spell crafting a new cantrip, as defined in my private message, which takes a week.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Okay, so running list of things people want, let me know if I've missed a request

Lawrance: Ring of Wizardry (Still considering how to balance this, but doubling spell slots of a certain is a bit much I think for this edition. How about for a Rare version, one additional 2nd, and one additional 3rd level spell slot?)

Tazskan: A +2 rod of the pact keeper is easy enough

Zarra: Elven chain

Nikolaos: Daern's Instant Fortress? (Note, as Kyr mentioned this item did come up. I figured that its default form is a little problematic. The revised version takes a minute to grow, which effectively eliminates the AOE bomb option. As partial recompense, I had promised to let it come equipped standard with a pair of scorpions, heavy mounted crossbows.)

Velon: Belt of Hill Giant Strength

Poppo: Amulet of Health

Other queries I stumbled across:
-if Velon asks, there are a few priests of Bahamut in Suzail, the capital of Cormyr. That is also incidentally the closest place people will tell you to take Zarra to bring her back from the dead. In Redcliffe, the locals mostly respect Kelemvor and Lathander, and have a priest dedicated to that duality of natural death and rebirth. He would be willing to hear your oath on Bahamut's behalf if you wished.
-Yes, Geoffroy and Lia would be coming in as level 8 characters, add 2,000 gp to their personal funds. They'll be behind others in that regard, but not massively so.
-Yes, Charm Monster from Xanathar's is fine. Bear in mind that mindless creatures would be immune
-Poljen, yes the ring requires attunement, but it grants advantage on saving throws vs charm effects.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 636

Dai,
That Ring wouldn't be any different than a normal spell store ring, so no. Let's go with one of these, then:
Ring of Elemental command (Any)
Robe of Eyes,
Mantle of Spell Resistance.

4th Jan, 2018 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 636

The Awakened says...

I think that's a great compromise for the fortress. I agree that the 10d10 damage was ludicrous.
Confirming my pick! Thanks.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.