Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 647 of 948

Poppo will take the Driftglobe and one of - Page 647 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Jan, 2018 - 9:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2018 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 647

Depends on the level of ballista.

5E's a little light on siege weapon statistics, so here's what I'm thinking so far.

Scorpion: 500 gp, 1 person crew, 1 round load, 3d6 damage, 120/600 range (Note: the modified version of Daern's fortress is equipped with 2 of these)
Light Ballista: 1000 gp, 2 person crew, 2 round load, 4d8 damage, 180/1000 range (Note, the dragon's bane bow owned by the giants would fall into this category when fitted to an appropriate contraption)
Heavy Ballista: 5000 gp, 5 person crew, 4 round load, 6d10 damage plus 2d10 15' AOE, 200/1500 range

Note, martial weapon proficiency does not confer proficiency with siege weapons, and even if proficient, you don't add ability mods to damage with these. So if Zarra fired off a Scorpion, she'd be rolling 1d20+3 to hit and 3d6 for damage, then spend the next round doing nothing but reloading the next bolt. If Zarra trains with the weapon enough to be considered proficient, she'll get to add her proficiency bonus to the tohit roll.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 13th Jan, 2018 - 3:43pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2018 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol will buy three of the light Ballista for 3 grand for the castles defenses. This should help us out some.

14th Jan, 2018 - 9:39am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Protector. says...

Dai, is it possible to get a rough map of the castle layout? Then, we can get an idea how many ballista's, or scorpions may be required?

Also, a map may assist, with orientation of all the room's, entrance's and exits.

When, are we going to Suzsail? Velon, Tazskan, Poljen? Anyone else going?
Does Poljen, want or need anyone else to go with him to speak, to the Storm giants?

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2018 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 647 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol is not leaving his barony for now. He has a lot to learn while the floating castle is being restocked for us to use.

14th Jan, 2018 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

Nikolaos has to take care of a few things before he can go on any other adventures, otherwise he would be happy to go. I put something in side stories a few days ago figuring it would help wrap up the part of Nikolaos's plot that doesn't effect others.

14th Jan, 2018 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

The Protector. says...

Well, it seems like we have a means of propulsion now. Who, then among us is qualified to piolet the castle?

Can, the castle be manuvered to within a few feet of its intended target? Can, the castles altitude be controlled, or will it seemingly float at a fixed height?

I'm not sure if Lawrence, and Poppo had the necessary time, to study it? Are they the only two that can?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2018 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 647

Anron, Daishain has already said that the maps he has previously provided about the castle should be sufficient, unless on of the players wants to make a more detailed map of how the space will be divided up. I think at this point we can assume that the castle can be maneuvered however we like, speed limitations and the fact that it cannot be tipped in any way being kept in mind. Poppo and Lawrance can fly at this point, and perhaps with a brief statement of the intent in character most of all PC's could learn to fly it easy. That is my impression at least based on what Daishain has said, since we have the instructions and had the Queen's help and I don't recall any other factors described by the Dungeon Master to make it difficult.

Ok, as I'd love to move on to some type of questing, can we try to clean up some loose ends? I reviewed the posts in Q&A and believe the following are the only claims to the magic items from the treasure. Any other takers? Someone with great CON saves should probably take the Seer's Tabac for some Divination later on. Velon may grab one, actually, since none have laid claim.

Cratol-The Firmament - (HP slippers)
Velon-Coin of Apparent Value
Velon-Seer's Tabac 1 (Divination)
Velon-Seer's Tabac 2 (Divination)
Tazskan--Diamond 1 (For Raise Dead)
Lia---Diamond 2 (For Raise Dead)
Velon-Diamond 3 (For Raise Dead)
Velon-Quaal's Feather Token - keep? Sell?
Poppo-Driftglobe
Lia---Staff of the Python
Velon-+2 Mace
Velon-+1 Splint Mail
-Armor of Vulnerability (Cursed) - pass through to Chasorth along with cursed sword?
Lawrance-Potion of Healing - 1
Tazskan--Potion of Healing - 2
Velon-Potion of Healing - 3
Poppo-Potion of Healing - 4
Velon-Potion of Healing - 5
Velon-Potion of Healing - 6
Velon-Potion of Climbing
Velon-Potion of Diminution - put in bag of holding for a group need later on?
Velon-Potion of Water Breathing - sell per Lawrance's suggestion? (Has spell to cover this).

Edit: Sorry, this forum won't keep any of the formatting I did to show claimed items with player names vs unclaimed items.
Edit: Updated for Poppo's desires below.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 15th Jan, 2018 - 3:55pm

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2018 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 647

Poppo will take the Driftglobe and one of the potions of healing if no one objects.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.