Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 699 of 948

Wow, nice [Critical Hit] for Lia! - Page 699 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 8:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 699

Poor Perry. He is spending his whole turn just hanging off the bottom of the bridge. Those wings are definitely serving Perry well in this adventure so far.

Anron, I know you enjoy the dragonesque character of Taz. Don't forget about his dragonborn lightning breath. I'm not sure if I have ever seen you use it. Also, check out the hex spell. That really boosts up Eldritch blast. Not trying to tell you what to do. Just thought that you might want to know about a couple of powerful tools in your toolbox that you aren't using.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 2nd Mar, 2018 - 1:51pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Initially I was going to do without the wings honestly and take the racial spells instead, because I didn't want to be "That guy" that abused at-will flight, but I thought it was just too useful to have as an emergency/utility option. Right now, I'm glad I chose the wings!

Still, in my opinion flying is usually a trap and just means you're easier to knock down, which we almost saw in this encounter. Unless you're 100% sure that you're fighting a 100% melee enemy or you can't do anything without it due to an airborn enemy, it's usually not worth it. Nevertheless, if it's going to save someone from dying, then it's definitely worth using.

2nd Mar, 2018 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Awakened says...

I think that having at will flight is not a big deal since this is a high magic campaign and you joined at level 8. It's definitely useful but it's not going to make you "That guy" where we are in the story.
Speaking of being "That guy" I am sometimes guilty of it. If I start to overstep common decency just let me know and I will try to reign it back in.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 699 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yes, one of the biggest changes in magic for 5e is the huge concentration spell detail. It makes magic more of a support role, leaving the caster unable to do much else while they have their spell going. Even when the spell range, once cast, is technically unlimited. You could put an extended protection on someone, and they could literally teleport anywhere on the world, and you are still keeping that spell going. Cross-plane I think is out, but still it means that you are like the remote control drone operator for that character's support spell, and can't do much else other than instant spells. It also makes magic less long term. The permanency stuff is easier, however, and doesn't cost you years of life to cast, just takes a year of dedication. biggrin.gif.

2nd Mar, 2018 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

Lia your right, I haven't used the first level Warlock spell Hex, yet. But will wait until I can actually see a target now.

Well, I guess this new character, hasn't seen the lightning breath yet. But I may need to wait for Varram to turn up?
However, if this snake encounter, does get out of hand might have to use it before that.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain, how far below the bridge level is Velon now? Can he see anything at the bottom, the abomination, or any other enemies?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 699

About 20' down. He can see the abomination he just attacked below him, but not the floor with the hatchlings.

More problematic is that he no longer has anything to push/pull off of, making movement difficult. Perry is flying around with a rope handy, which could solve that issue.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 699

Wow, nice [Critical Hit] for Lia! I love it when the dice match up with the narrative like that *wink*.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.